If Lagoon could add anythin, what would you want them to add?
Jumping dragon feels like an updated version of musik, it's smoother and less sliding in the seat. Musik was a great ride in its day, it's looks and feels dated now though.
Greg I has a good point. The seating makes a big difference. Musik would still go backwards too if it weren't so rough on the ride. So really Jumping Dragon is for people who don't want to "get a little closer". And it has a much better atmosphere. Musik is the classic for people who like classics.
(03-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Brăden Wrote: Greg I has a good point. The seating makes a big difference. Musik would still go backwards too if it weren't so rough on the ride. So really Jumping Dragon is for people who don't want to "get a little closer". And it has a much better atmosphere. Musik is the classic for people who like classics.

Don't go making me miss the tunnel & scenery again... seriously, the ride just usually feels naked to me. Frown
(03-08-2017, 11:39 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Don't go making me miss the tunnel & scenery again... seriously, the ride just usually feels naked to me. Frown

I second this. Fix it up... bring it all back!

-Z
Win
(03-08-2017, 11:44 AM)Z Wrote: I second this. Fix it up... bring it all back!

-Z
(03-08-2017, 11:44 AM)Z Wrote: I second this. Fix it up... bring it all back!

-Z

Win
(03-07-2017, 07:28 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Similar to Jumping Dragon, I've heard Musik used to also go backward in the 80's. I didn't grow up in Utah either so I missed it.

The seating between both rides is the largest contrast for me. Musik allows the rider to slide to the outside of their seat as centrifugal force increases. It can be fun to ride with someone that is unaware sitting on the outside of the seat will get them crushed by the person on the inside. lol. It is also fun to try to brace yourself so the ride doesn't toss you to the outside of the seat.

Jumping Dragon has very comfortable bucket seats. Each rider is isolated / no sliding around during the ride's operation.

So, Gregory, we could ride Musik express together so I can show you what I mean... I'll even let you sit on the outside... LOL  Laugh

Not to sound like I'm trying to be argumentative, but to me, "different seat designs" doesn't constitute a major difference for me; yes, it's a difference, just not a major one.  Jumping Dragon is, in my mind, just Musik Express version 2.0, where Lagoon took all the little things that they wish were with Musik Express and, instead of reworking it, simply built a new ride incorporating those changes.

Now, granted, maybe it's just me; I've found over the years that sometimes I do have a different outlook on things from other people I know, and that perhaps this is one of those times - it just takes a bigger (or at least more in-your-face) change than occurred with Jumping Dragon to make me consider two such rides to be different.

(Of course I'm certainly not averse to the idea of meeting up to explore such things further in person Happy , though that's a discussion that's probably a discussion more appropriate to the "Meetup" section of the forums.)
I'm not supporting one over the other or trying to say one is better. You asked what the difference between them is so I provided a single example. Others on LIF may also have their opinion on differences. This is an open discussion. Overall, I agree they aren't that much different.
(03-11-2017, 03:06 AM)Gregory Wrote: Not to sound like I'm trying to be argumentative, but to me, "different seat designs" doesn't constitute a major difference for me; yes, it's a difference, just not a major one.  Jumping Dragon is, in my mind, just Musik Express version 2.0, where Lagoon took all the little things that they wish were with Musik Express and, instead of reworking it, simply built a new ride incorporating those changes.

Now, granted, maybe it's just me; I've found over the years that sometimes I do have a different outlook on things from other people I know, and that perhaps this is one of those times - it just takes a bigger (or at least more in-your-face) change than occurred with Jumping Dragon to make me consider two such rides to be different.

(Of course I'm certainly not averse to the idea of meeting up to explore such things further in person Happy , though that's a discussion that's probably a discussion more appropriate to the "Meetup" section of the forums.)
You don't sound argumentative in the least. While the Rides offer similar or the same sensations, to varying degrees, and minus the different demographics, the entire Design approach by ZIERER is the largest difference. To put it simply, ZIERER's Dragon Ride ride system is basically a single rail Roller Coaster, compared to MACK's Musik Express, which is more like Tilt-A-Whirl. "Modern" or "Updated" are a good representation of the differences.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-29-2017, 01:16 AM)linearinduction Wrote: You don't sound argumentative in the least. While the Rides offer similar or the same sensations, to varying degrees, and minus the different demographics, the entire Design approach by ZIERER is the largest difference. To put it simply, ZIERER's Dragon Ride ride system is basically a single rail Roller Coaster, compared to MACK's Musik Express, which is more like Tilt-A-Whirl. "Modern" or "Updated" are a good representation of the differences.

Personally, I've never noticed any real difference when riding both, but then, I'm weird sometimes, so it may just be the way I view things.  I'm not trying to say either ride is bad, or that one is in any way, shape, or form better.  I've ridden both, I'll probably still continue to ride both for as long as both are available (usually when I ride them, it's usually a spur-of-the-moment decision that depends on where I am in proximity to either one at that particular moment and what the line looks like), but I still don't see any major differences.  Using words like "modern" or "updated" is akin to my earlier comment that Jumping Dragon is just Musik Express version 2.0.

Really, though, what bugs me is not so much that both are in operation at the same time, it's more of a combination of two things - the first being the similarities, and the second being Lagoon took out the miniature golf course to put in Jumping Dragon.  If Lagoon had instead put Jumping Dragon somewhere else (for example, there's a good-sized area east of the Hydro Luge and west of the northernmost terraces that is just pavement and turf, that, as far as I can tell, could easily hold Jumping Dragon), I don't think I would be quite so put out about it.