Favorite Lagoon commercial?
I was just peeking at the official (not that you'd know it by the lack of branding... seriously, does no one in Marketing use YouTube?) Lagoon YouTube page and all of the past commercials they have up there, and got to wondering:  what's everyone's favorite Lagoon commercial?

I'm probably one of the few that really didn't like last year's "Harold" campaign, but hey... I'm weird anyway.

For me, I always think "Here We Go!" is the winner, but then every time I watch "Let Fun Reign", I like it more & more.  It just feels like a great night at Lagoon...

How about you--what's your favorite Lagoon commercial?
My favorite was probably also Let Fun Reign. I seriously hated the Be Somebody's Rockstar one from a couple years ago. I also loved the So Good to Me one from a few years back and the Best Friends one was super excellent!
Also hated the Rockstar ad. Let Fun Reign and Best Friends are probably the best ones from recent years. I still kinda like the one from about 10 years ago where a kid walks up to the front gate when the park is closed and the guy pushes a button that brings the park to life. Totally unrealistic, but at the time I thought it was amazing. Especially compared to the one with the people in flower costumes from 2004. I might have to make a YouTube playlist of all of these. I know of a few that aren't on Lagoon's account.

EDIT: Most of them are on vimeo. Here's the one I liked, called "Awaken". I guess the park opens when he swipes his season pass. Now that it's been a few years, it looks pretty cheap. Haha!

My favorite is the best friends video they made in hopes of it going viral. Never did but one of their best works. Wasn't a fan of Herald this year it was eh. I really did not like the 2004 Flowers one and I even helped them film that one lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Im just going to leave this here

(01-26-2017, 04:11 PM)CPrider Wrote: Im just going to leave this here

Haha! I just got done putting them all together on a vimeo channel:

And the rest are on this YouTube playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mV6c26IljZ

I got an old 1990 commercial from someone a long time ago. I'll have to see if it's good enough quality to upload.
(01-26-2017, 02:53 PM)Brăden Wrote: Also hated the Rockstar ad. Let Fun Reign and Best Friends are probably the best ones from recent years. I still kinda like the one from about 10 years ago where a kid walks up to the front gate when the park is closed and the guy pushes a button that brings the park to life. Totally unrealistic, but at the time I thought it was amazing. Especially compared to the one with the people in flower costumes from 2004. I might have to make a YouTube playlist of all of these. I know of a few that aren't on Lagoon's account.

EDIT: Most of them are on vimeo. Here's the one I liked, called "Awaken". I guess the park opens when he swipes his season pass. Now that it's been a few years, it looks pretty cheap. Haha!

The old Fire Dragon sign at 00:14-00:15 !!

It's great to see the park from years ago.
Sorry it took me a bit to get back to this topic... busy couple of days. o.O

Thanks for all the videos! I'd forgotten about a few of those, but hadn't seen most of them (apparently I took a Lagoon hiatus for a few years back earlier this century). I remember seeing that 'Awaken' one now... always thought the janitor looked like Ted Turner. Wink

I didn't hate the Rockstar one, just wasn't exactly my favorite. I still think it's a toss-up between Let Fun Reign & Here We Go out of all of those for me. I kinda had the same problem with 'Best Friends' that I did with 'Harold'... just too corny & over-the-top. I guess I'm an old softy... the sentimental works for me, what can I say.

Man, I wonder if somebody's got some of the old '80s/'90s commercials? Some of the old "There's only one... Lagoon!" and "Your brand of summer fun" jingles back then were darn catchy.
Wow, those take me back, although that "Lush" one I never understood. Why make an amusement park feel like a bubbly Colbie Calet (spelling?) album?

I'm personally excited to see what this season's shall be like, especially since I went for the filming. Their was a lot of drone action going on, but their never was any footage grabbed of Cannibal, which you think they would want to market?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(01-26-2017, 04:37 PM)Brăden Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mV6c26IljZ

I got an old 1990 commercial from someone a long time ago. I'll have to see if it's good enough quality to upload.

What's the commercial like? One of my teachers was in a Lagoon commercial around that time. If it's the only copy, it's good enough to upload IMO.
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name