Dark rides being fixed for 2017?
I can't tell if the third photo shows new fake rockwork going in, or if that was already inside one of the windowed rooms such as the werewolf room.

I also wonder if the upgrades are being done by Lagoon, Sally, TAA, or somebody else.
I would hope that both Terroride and Dracula's Castle get updated. I realize they're both "classic" rides that have been around for a while, and I'm sure they probably had high-tech stuff when they were originally built, but a lot of the stuff in there is...well, dated, for lack of a better word. After all, as has been noted, the Terroride's 50 years old this year, and Dracula's Castle ain't much younger (turning 46 this year) - they're both getting on in amusement park ride years. I think they could both stand to be updated.
(02-27-2017, 06:51 PM)Gregory Wrote: I would hope that both Terroride and Dracula's Castle get updated. I realize they're both "classic" rides that have been around for a while, and I'm sure they probably had high-tech stuff when they were originally built, but a lot of the stuff in there is...well, dated, for lack of a better word. After all, as has been noted, the Terroride's 50 years old this year, and Dracula's Castle ain't much younger (turning 46 this year) - they're both getting on in amusement park ride years. I think they could both stand to be updated.

I thought I remember a huge rehab in 2008 on Dracula's Castle if I'm not mistaken? So I don't think we would see much of anything new, but now Lagoon's comment on Facebook concerning the vortex tunnel is holding more merit. Maybe even expand the layout and take over the Game Time Arcade?

Maybe this could be the huge dark ride expansion that has been in the talks for so long. Instead of a brand new one, completely amp up the classics to make them fresh, while keeping the nostalgia. Might not have been the brand new dark ride as hoped, but I'm much more excited for Lagoon to open now!
There was a refab on terror ride  a whiles back, don't remember anything on Dracula's castle tho.  I would love to have them get the tunnel spinning again though.
Yes, it was ten years ago in 2007. That's when the pirate and some other stuff was added. Dracula's castle got the headless horseman. There were a few other things in both.
Good job brad for correcting me....Lol. He is Mr. Smarty pants.
Braden is just doing his job as the Lagoon Historian (with photo credit in the Lagoon Book, so he's accredited  Wink ).
I know there had been some work a few years ago, but I have been on both rides since then (most recently last year), and the stuff inside still seems dated.

A few times in the past few years I've worked at the Haunted Forrest in American Fork during the Halloween season, and some of the stuff used there (a fun place to work, and a place that's popular locally, but still a much lower-budget place than Lagoon) has practically the same kinds of things I've seen in both Terroride and Dracula's Castle. So while I'm not saying that either ride is bad, but it just seems that Lagoon (with millions of dollars available and access to the best that the industry has to offer in the field of "haunted" attractions) should have very good quality things in both ride.

Granted, maybe it's just me, but sometimes I wonder...
I rode Dracula's castle today. What I saw makes me wonder if they are re-doing scenes in there. About half the ride was not lit and about another half that was was not working. I also agree with everyone else that the tunnels need to be turned back on. If People climbing out of the cars and getting injured by them is that big of a safety problem then maybe they should add an additional seat restraint.
I think they are replacing most things in Terroride while just repairing things and adding a few bits to Dracula's Castle for now. I'd bet they'll leave the tunnel off in Dracula's Castle, but Terroride 'could' end up with a small tunnel of its own.