Dark rides being fixed for 2017?
Hey Will, which Sundays work for you? I'm usually pretty open midday on weekends, so just about any of them are good. I'm open today if we want to do it spur-of-the-moment, or if we want to plan it out a couple of weeks so other folks can plan for it, that works too!
The Sundays that work for me in February are the 5th, 19th, and 26th. I already had plans for today.
(01-28-2017, 12:08 PM)CPrider Wrote: I can meet up 33 of never

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOL, I think we can count CPrider "out" for the meet-up. Ha Ha  Laugh

The North Bathrooms might be visible...however, most of the park interior isn't visible from the road or the Lagoon Trail. We're just spoiled because Cannibal was in plain sight during the off season.  Tongue
Wouldn't it be something cool and yet kind of sad if they redid Dracula's castle with a modern spin. Like newer computers and 3d effects. Again I say it would be kind of sad and I would miss the classic setup.

Sent from my Z955A using Tapatalk
Very new at coasters because I have light motion sickness that has been unpredictable. But here it goes 10 roller coasters and counting.
(01-31-2017, 03:47 AM)Stacy Wrote: Wouldn't it be something cool and yet kind of sad if they redid Dracula's castle with a modern spin.  Like newer computers and 3d effects.  Again I say it would be kind of sad and I would miss the classic setup.

Sent from my Z955A using Tapatalk

Yes, it will/would be bitter-sweet. However, nothing lasts forever and progress can't be halted. The Yesterland website and our very own LagoonHistory site are both tributes to what-was.
(01-29-2017, 06:45 PM)gregwibert Wrote: LOL, I think we can count CPrider "out" for the meet-up. Ha Ha  Laugh

The North Bathrooms might be visible...however, most of the park interior isn't visible from the road or the Lagoon Trail. We're just spoiled because Cannibal was in plain sight during the off season.  Tongue

True!  But, the thought is, whatever might be going in along WITH the bathrooms might.  Obviously they're not expanding the midway just for fancy toilets.  Wink

Semi-related, I'm really starting to wonder where they're going to put these two new kiddie/family rides that are rumored to be getting installed this year?  There's not a tremendous lot of free space left back in Kiddie Land, unless they're removing a couple of older rides.

With Lagoon's mysterious "wait 'til you see what we're doing" reply to a question about Dracula's Castle on Facebook, there's a part of me that really seriously wonders if maybe the two new rides aren't new dark rides to replace the aging Castle and Terroride.  I mean, probably not, but man... that'd sure be an unexpected surprise.
(01-31-2017, 10:06 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: True!  But, the thought is, whatever might be going in along WITH the bathrooms might.  Obviously they're not expanding the midway just for fancy toilets.  Wink

Semi-related, I'm really starting to wonder where they're going to put these two new kiddie/family rides that are rumored to be getting installed this year?  There's not a tremendous lot of free space left back in Kiddie Land, unless they're removing a couple of older rides.

With Lagoon's mysterious "wait 'til you see what we're doing" reply to a question about Dracula's Castle on Facebook, there's a part of me that really seriously wonders if maybe the two new rides aren't new dark rides to replace the aging Castle and Terroride.  I mean, probably not, but man... that'd sure be an unexpected surprise.

I think a great way to free up some space in Kiddyland would be to tear down the Rock U 2 the Top stage and move that show to the unused Broadway stage. Then they could easily put some new rides in that location. I think that stage is just in the way.

I don't think Lagoon would replace both dark rides in one season or at all. They are classics. Maybe Castle is getting some much needed love and getting a full restoration. That would be cool. I doubt anything besides the new bathrooms is planned for the north midway at least for 2017 that is. They are defiantly planning something. I am hoping its a new wood coaster. Lagoon needs another woodie. Now who would they hire to do that? In house, GCI, RMC, GG? I would love RMC but I don't see that, I either see inhouse or GCI.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
From what I've heard nothing's going to change in Terrorride or Dracula's castle.

(01-31-2017, 12:42 PM)CPrider Wrote: From what I've heard nothing's going to change in Terrorride or Dracula's castle.

Maybe Lagoon's social media team is just inept then, because they totally replied to someone on Facebook who was asking about features in Dracula's Castle with "wait until you see what we're doing in 2017".
(01-31-2017, 12:08 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I think a great way to free up some space in Kiddyland would be to tear down the Rock U 2 the Top stage and move that show to the unused Broadway stage. Then they could easily put some new rides in that location. I think that stage is just in the way.

I'm assuming you mean Carousel Theater?  That's actually not a bad idea... it's pretty sad that Music USA's stage just sits in disrepair.  It's not like the shows in Carousel Theater make any additional money and need the extra exposure from being in the middle of the midway.  And maybe over in the Music USA stage, WK Train would quit having to stop using its whistle during the shows.  Still though, it might only buy you enough space for one, maybe two small rides.

(01-31-2017, 12:08 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I don't think Lagoon would replace both dark rides in one season or at all. They are classics. Maybe Castle is getting some much needed love and getting a full restoration. That would be cool. I doubt anything besides the new bathrooms is planned for the north midway at least for 2017 that is. They are defiantly planning something. I am hoping its a new wood coaster. Lagoon needs another woodie. Now who would they hire to do that? In house, GCI, RMC, GG? I would love RMC but I don't see that, I either see inhouse or GCI.

Honestly I really doubt they would, too... but it's interesting.

As for the north field/midway... I don't know.  I just can't see them expanding the midway up to the new bathrooms and doing absolutely nothing else with the new space except laying asphalt around the back of Samurai.  It just feels wonky.  Maybe we're wrong in assuming the new bathrooms are going to even be open this year?  Maybe they're just starting construction ahead of a future expansion?

I still say that there's nowhere to put the two new rides--especially anywhere near Kiddie Land--without taking something else out.  Unless they plan on stripping Kiddie Land of any trace of green space, which would be stupid.  Oh well... guess we'll find out in two months.