Lagoon 2017 Photos
(04-18-2017, 02:06 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Great job on the video. I think that would be a great thing to do at the park.

To me, that screamin swing doesn't seem to be of the same scale as the giant frisbee I rode.  What I really liked about the giant frisbee was just how much area of the park the full span of the ride covered. One minute I'd be on the east side of the park, and just a few seconds later I'd be on the west side 150ish feet in the air. It was in Japan where there's this weird Alice in Wonderland size effect because everything is so small, so that might have played into the experience.

I'd just rather see objects whizzing past me and dropping away. That was part of what I really enjoyed about the giant frisbee.

I think the best use of the lagoon would be putting some islands in it and making it a piratey jungle cruise type thing. It could be called "The Lagoon".
'The Lagoon'. That idea is so crazy, off the wall I absolutely love it! After all there are real wild animals right there. Habitats could be enlarged and it could be a 'real life' jungle cruise.
The following photos that were sent to me by Greg. It looks like Lagoon is staging some stuff near Roller Coaster. Centennial Screamer is completely gone. Thanks Greg for sharing!

[Image: 4uzKFJF.jpg]

[Image: iPtW1nv.jpg]

[Image: jmTqIii.jpg]

[Image: Y6ZKPcW.jpg]

[Image: 6sWc1O4.jpg]

[Image: sSe4ZZs.jpg]

[Image: dltigGY.jpg]
Cool photos seeing the pre-fabbed trusses for Coaster. I was thinking when I rode on Saturday that the station felt like it was in need of some work. Seems like there are some areas where the floor is sagging a bit. If the rumor about the new brakes is true, I'm assuming there'll have to be some rework of the track in reduction/transfer/station, not to mention I'm sure there'll have to be some rework of the push motors & sensors for the new trains I'd assume. Wonder if we'll see the station get an overhaul in the off-season?
(10-30-2017, 11:59 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Cool photos seeing the pre-fabbed trusses for Coaster.  I was thinking when I rode on Saturday that the station felt like it was in need of some work.  Seems like there are some areas where the floor is sagging a bit.  If the rumor about the new brakes is true, I'm assuming there'll have to be some rework of the track in reduction/transfer/station, not to mention I'm sure there'll have to be some rework of the push motors & sensors for the new trains I'd assume.  Wonder if we'll see the station get an overhaul in the off-season?

I've heard the new trains are a little longer than the existing trains so the station needs to be modified to accommodate the differences.