Where will Lagoon's next Big attraction go?
There has been discussion on here of ideas about Lagoon's next big attraction. But Where would it be located?

They are moving the restrooms on the north side. Maybe they are making way for something they have planned.

I think it would be an interesting discussion if people would put up there ideas of an attraction type and then a place they think would work well at Lagoon.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I'm intrigued by the location of the new bathroom because it means the north midway is going to be expanded a bit further north than it is now. This may indicate that Lagoon is working towards putting something in the area. I will be a bit surprised if that ends up being the case simply based on the rumored change to Lagoon's auto gate. We've discussed for years that it would move to the north side of Lagoon. If Lagoon starts putting stuff in the north field behind Samurai then it means less parking space over there. I figured we would see more midway expand out behind Fire Dragon and Wicked over time and slowly take over the south parking lot while Lagoon plans to add parking north.

I really can't wait to see what the park will look like in 10 years. The last 10 have been awesome to watch the additions.
(12-15-2016, 08:52 PM)Willenator Wrote: I'm intrigued by the location of the new bathroom because it means the north midway is going to be expanded a bit further north than it is now. This may indicate that Lagoon is working towards putting something in the area. I will be a bit surprised if that ends up being the case simply based on the rumored change to Lagoon's auto gate. We've discussed for years that it would move to the north side of Lagoon. If Lagoon starts putting stuff in the north field behind Samurai then it means less parking space over there. I figured we would see more midway expand out behind Fire Dragon and Wicked over time and slowly take over the south parking lot while Lagoon plans to add parking north.

I really can't wait to see what the park will look like in 10 years. The last 10 have been awesome to watch the additions.
The past ten years have been a change in the park completely. Instead of a small amusement park that still seemed quite stuck in the ages, it is now a destination park. The crowds love both Wicked and Cannibal, and Frightmares has brought in the crowds from everywhere this past season alone. I would even say within the next three to four years we would get another big ride or some kind of huge renovation or expansion between the cost of Wicked and Cannibal.

The suspense of wondering what will come in the expansion for the North Midway is interesting, especially where the construction is. I wouldn't expect something big, but the space between the the current hole in the ground and where the ground samples were done is not exactly something I would consider as a small plug-and-play addition like Air Race. Maybe a big family ride of some sort could be in order there. At this point, a family coaster like Spider that thrills everyone could be going in there and I wouldn't be all that surprised. So the next big ride could be right there in a couple of years.
(12-16-2016, 01:00 AM)RCF Wrote: The past ten years have been a change in the park completely. Instead of a small amusement park that still seemed quite stuck in the ages, it is now a destination park. The crowds love both Wicked and Cannibal, and Frightmares has brought in the crowds from everywhere this past season alone. I would even say within the next three to four years we would get another big ride or some kind of huge renovation or expansion between the cost of Wicked and Cannibal.

The suspense of wondering what will come in the expansion for the North Midway is interesting, especially where the construction is. I wouldn't expect something big, but the space between the the current hole in the ground and where the ground samples were done is not exactly something I would consider as a small plug-and-play addition like Air Race. Maybe a big family ride of some sort could be in order there. At this point, a family coaster like Spider that thrills everyone could be going in there and I wouldn't be all that surprised. So the next big ride could be right there in a couple of years.

The samples were near Hydro weren't they?

(12-16-2016, 11:01 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The samples were near Hydro weren't they?

Yes. Also, we know that the new bathrooms were supposed to go pretty much where the existing ones are, but were moved to make room. For what, that's the question, but from what I've heard from a knowledgeable source, we shouldn't get too attached to Hydro.

I think it's all but sure at this point that the midway will extend further north in the next season or two.
Actually, things have changed, as usual. It's very likely Hydro will stay.
(12-16-2016, 02:14 PM)Brăden Wrote: Actually, things have changed, as usual. It's very likely Hydro will stay.

Huh, that is very interesting... one of these days, sure hope I get to drive by in daylight. How's Roller Coaster looking?
They had new supports up before the snow came. I think they just have the track to do.
(12-16-2016, 02:14 PM)Brăden Wrote: Actually, things have changed, as usual. It's very likely Hydro will stay.

So can we assume the soil tests didn't go so well?

That's too bad. This is very much WIP but I was working on a replacement for Hydro.

[Image: Hydro%20Replacement_zpszlgtvy1r.png]

Strange they actually decide to keep them. It hasn't been a popular ride for a long time and no one likes being directly in the sun on the platform.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk