Mean Streak closing 9/16
If for some diabolical reason you actually like Mean Streak, you've got just a couple of weekends left to go ride it. Surprised I hadn't heard this before, but looks like Cedar Point is closing the beast on 9/16 (some rumors suggest a possible refit to an RMC hybrid, but nothing official from Cedar Point yet).

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/things...ean-Streak
I would think it's for an RMC conversion for 2018. I don't see why they would tear it down when it's prime for a great RMC. Maybe it was even planned for 2017, but then RMC bit off more than they could chew with all of the S&S Free Spins coming next year, thus pushing back other projects. Could also explain King's Dominion's over hype of three new kiddie rides, and they actually want to RMC Hurler.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
If Cedar Fair goes for their first RMC, Cedar Point and Mean Steak would be perfect. Hopefully its an RMC conversion and not a complete demolition.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West

RMC I-Box track is onsite at Mean Streak at Cedar Point.

I am glad Cedar Fair has decided to finally get an RMC.

Saw that on Reddit last night. Personally, I don't get too excited about RMC stuff... bit of a woodie purist, and I hate seeing classic woodies getting hacked to put in these weird elements that belong on steel coasters... but that's just me I guess.
(10-17-2016, 09:21 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Saw that on Reddit last night. Personally, I don't get too excited about RMC stuff... bit of a woodie purist, and I hate seeing classic woodies getting hacked to put in these weird elements that belong on steel coasters... but that's just me I guess.

There are some woodies that should never be touched except with maybe track topper but some like Mean Streak need it badly. The ride has the potential be awesome once again. I like the Hybrid coasters its a cool concept and mix of coaster styles.

What about RMC's single rail coasters? Those look awesome!

I just don't understand why Cedar Point would look for two hybrid coasters with Gemini still around taking up so much space. I understand it's a classic as is many coasters on the Peninsula, but why have a classic racing hybrid compared to whatever RMC modern hybrid they figure to add. Maybe Gemini might be next to go with so much space it takes up? Complete speculation at this point.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(10-18-2016, 01:51 AM)RCF Wrote: I just don't understand why Cedar Point would look for two hybrid coasters with Gemini still around taking up so much space. I understand it's a classic as is many coasters on the Peninsula, but why have a classic racing hybrid compared to whatever RMC modern hybrid they figure to add. Maybe Gemini might be next to go with so much space it takes up? Complete speculation at this point.

You make a valid point. But I don't see Gemini going anywhere its a favorite. Mean Streak was pretty rough the last time I rode it and being converted to a Hybrid makes a lot of sense. Gemini and Meaner Streak (or what ever the new name ends up being) will both be Hybrids but they are nothing alike.

From pictures it looks like Mean Streaks new lift will be steeper than the current ride. I wonder how much taller they will make it? Its currently 161 feet which makes it tied for 5th tallest wood coaster in the world. When RMC converted the New Texas Giant they raised its max height by 10 feet. Which if they do to Mean Streak will only make it move up to 4th tallest in the world which would surpass Goliath another RMC coaster. To take world's tallest would coaster they would need to go to 200 ft. Which I think is definitely doable by RMC but I don't see them adding 40 feet to the top of the lift. I would like to see 20 feet added to the lift height that would tie El Toro for 3rd tallest wood coaster and would give so much potential to the already great potential Mean Streak has. I am excited to see what Alan Schilke has come up with.

I actually liked Mean Streak. I'm intrigued to see what it ends up being, but I am a little sad to see it go.
It wouldn't take any wooden records. It would be considered a steel Hybrid. Maybe tallest Hybrid coaster? It sounds like a record Cedar Point would go for.