[Wishful Thinking] Log Flume Expansion
(08-26-2016, 02:50 PM)RCF Wrote: Hopkins rides offer the same thing, and is more local to the U.S. which is what seems to be a selling point for Lagoon, (with only regard to Cannibal.) That would also help with costs, as I've heard getting Mack to do anything custom in the U.S. has a huge sticker price, and why you see most of the coasters in Eurasia.

We have S&S Worldwide, Soaring Eagle, and Interactive rides here in Utah and there is only Rocket at Lagoon. S&S has been around since 1994 and has some pretty sweet flat rides. Soaring Eagle is pretty new but their new drop ride would be sweet at Lagoon and it only has seat belts no lap bar.

EDIT: Not to mention Arrow Dynamics as well.

A Mack Power Splash would be awesome in the Lagoon Lake though.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(08-31-2016, 01:02 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: We have S&S Worldwide, Soaring Eagle, and Interactive rides here in Utah and there is only Rocket at Lagoon. S&S has been around since 1994 and has some pretty sweet flat rides. Soaring Eagle is pretty new but their new drop ride would be sweet at Lagoon and it only has seat belts no lap bar.

EDIT: Not to mention Arrow Dynamics as well.

A Mack Power Splash would be awesome in the Lagoon Lake though.

I was more talking about a new flume ride, but that is true. However, from what happened with Rocket is why we haven't seen anything from S&S since, even though it was almost 20 years ago (who feels old yet?) and both companies' administrations have gone through changes since them. But that rises the fact how quite a bit of S&S' fabrication is now done in China.

Soaring Eagles new drop ride looks absolutely amazing, but with Rocket already there, it would be redundant to add another kind of drop ride unless it's Intamin's drop ride that faces you down.

The idea of being local has been an idea to make things more cost-effective, but it would also have to be fabricated locally as well, not out-sourced. That's why I love the idea of and S&S 4D Free Spin at Lagoon. I don't know about where the trains are done (I would think at S&S since they were able to make a prototype,) but I know the RMC track is in Idaho, so local enough.
(08-31-2016, 02:21 PM)RCF Wrote: I was more talking about a new flume ride, but that is true. However, from what happened with Rocket is why we haven't seen anything from S&S since, even though it was almost 20 years ago (who feels old yet?) and both companies' administrations have gone through changes since them. But that rises the fact how quite a bit of S&S' fabrication is now done in China.

Soaring Eagles new drop ride looks absolutely amazing, but with Rocket already there, it would be redundant to add another kind of drop ride unless it's Intamin's drop ride that faces you down.

The idea of being local has been an idea to make things more cost-effective, but it would also have to be fabricated locally as well, not out-sourced. That's why I love the idea of and S&S 4D Free Spin at Lagoon. I don't know about where the trains are done (I would think at S&S since they were able to make a prototype,) but I know the RMC track is in Idaho, so local enough.

I don't know if it would be redundant. It would be great to have a drop ride back in PV. Its relatively quiet too. Best part is it only uses seat belts. 

The last time I toured S&S they were manufacturing trains, but that was when S&S was still owned by Stan Checketts. I would assume they would still manufacture the trains there but that just as assumption. I think a Family Free Spin coaster would be awesome at Lagoon as well.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
An S&S 4D Free Spin would be a lot of fun, and it is the type of coaster Lagoon seems to like.