Fire Dragon's cousin in The Netherlands
TPR just posted this, apparently she's due to be retired at the end of the year. Man, you can sure tell they're both cut from the same cloth! Not knowing a thing about the ride, just seeing that loop, it's like "Oh cool, a Schwarzkopf!"

Sad. That just makes us more lucky to have one.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
(07-06-2016, 09:17 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: TPR just posted this, apparently she's due to be retired at the end of the year. Man, you can sure tell they're both cut from the same cloth! Not knowing a thing about the ride, just seeing that loop, it's like "Oh cool, a Schwarzkopf!"

I rode one of those recently. It's a very similar experience to Fire Dragon, possibly a little slower with more bunny hops and less helices, oh and only one loop. It's an awesome ride!

Even though that one is being removed, they still exist in the world. That one might even find a new home somewhere hopefully.

If I could remember how to do it I'd post a picture of the one I rode. (Is it still possible to post pictures without hosting them elsewhere?)
I think if you add it as an attachment...?

(07-10-2016, 10:30 AM)Brădēn Wrote: I think if you add it as an attachment...?

Yeah, but I think it only works if you click the "New Reply" button; if you just use the "Quick Reply" box, it doesn't have the attachment options.

...and it only seems to be available on some of the forums. I don't think I saw it on this one, but may be because I'm on mobile.
(07-10-2016, 03:48 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Is it still possible to post pictures without hosting them elsewhere?

Yes. Add an attachment to your post and it will be hosted here. If you get some crazy php error, it usually means the upload was too large for the server, which used to be a big problem in the past. I haven't seen the error in a while, so I think you should be okay.

(07-10-2016, 10:38 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Yeah, but I think it only works if you click the "New Reply" button; if you just use the "Quick Reply" box, it doesn't have the attachment options.

Correct. Full reply has the attachment options.

(07-10-2016, 10:38 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: It only seems to be available on some of the forums. I don't think I saw it on this one, but may be because I'm on mobile.

All forums should have attachment options turned on. Somewhere along the line my forum settings got completely messed up, so I'm still trying to fix some of them. If you find a section that doesn't allow you to upload stuff, please let me know. I'll fix it. I may have missed one of the settings when I was trying to fix it all months ago.

I've never tested to see if there was a difference between mobile and desktop when it comes to attachments. Are you on Tapatalk or just browsing the forum on a mobile browser?
(07-10-2016, 01:22 PM)Willenator Wrote: I've never tested to see if there was a difference between mobile and desktop when it comes to attachments. Are you on Tapatalk or just browsing the forum on a mobile browser?

Just using a mobile browser, yeah. It works pretty well for the most part--sometimes there's a weird Tourette's-inspired resize war when you try to zoom, and for some annoying reason when you try to "touch" links, it pops up the tooltip the first time and you have to "touch" them again to actually navigate--but other than that it's just fine.

Never been a big fan of having to install a separate app for each of what should just be well-behaving mobile websites. But, it's pretty rare for mobile websites to be well-behaved, too... MyBB is clearly not entirely there yet. Wink
(07-10-2016, 03:48 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I rode one of those recently. It's a very similar experience to Fire Dragon, possibly a little slower with more bunny hops and less helices, oh and only one loop. It's an awesome ride!

Even though that one is being removed, they still exist in the world. That one might even find a new home somewhere hopefully.

If I could remember how to do it I'd post a picture of the one I rode. (Is it still possible to post pictures without hosting them elsewhere?)

Sounds like a fun experience, by the way! Yeah, know there are a few other Schwarzkopfs out there still, but they're becoming a more-endangered species as they get older. The Jet Star II model, for instance, only has a few left in the wild... I wouldn't be surprised to see the breed extinct in another 10-15 years. At least the loopers have a little bit longer life in them, so hopefully they'll survive awhile.

Wow... is RCDB correct? There are only two Double Loopers left in the world, and Fire Dragon is the only one with the additional curve!? That's crazy... makes me love her even more.
(07-10-2016, 03:24 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Never been a big fan of having to install a separate app for each of what should just be well-behaving mobile websites. But, it's pretty rare for mobile websites to be well-behaved, too... MyBB is clearly not entirely there yet. Wink

We could always take the Facebook route and have like three or four apps for one site. Happy
(07-10-2016, 06:22 PM)Willenator Wrote: We could always take the Facebook route and have like three or four apps for one site. Happy

LMAO! Laugh