High Striker
It's possible that it was just plain broken and the operator was trying to get by and not rip off those who paid a lot. I guess time will tell when it re-opens.

Does anyone know what the silver box is that the game operators periodically reach for? For the High Striker it is on the back of the prize shack where the operator can reach back and touch it. I've noticed it on other games, but don't know if there is one for every game. The operator reaches for it and touches it like they are pushing a button.
(07-05-2016, 12:53 PM)Walter Wrote: It's possible that it was just plain broken and the operator was trying to get by and not rip off those who paid a lot. I guess time will tell when it re-opens.

Does anyone know what the silver box is that the game operators periodically reach for? For the High Striker it is on the back of the prize shack where the operator can reach back and touch it. I've noticed it on other games, but don't know if there is one for every game. The operator reaches for it and touches it like they are pushing a button.

They push that everytime they get money. It's to help us keep track of all the games earnings! I always get asked if I'm rigging the game with it when I'm working hi striker!
Interesting that it is tracking the money. I wonder what they were wanting to solve by installing all of the buttons? More real time info on game popularity? Looking for money that doesn't necessarily make it into the till? Obviously they were not content with just counting out each game operator at end of shift. Could be as simple as tracking game popularity over time/days to predict better what games should be open at what times.