New Food Stands
I definitely want to try the custard today
(05-12-2017, 11:18 PM)Brăden Wrote: Zeppe's opened today in that blue building where the Plinko game was last year. They have other locations in Harrisville, Providence and St. George.

http://zeppes.net

Win
(04-29-2017, 12:43 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: (although the price vs. lack of variety in healthy food choices is a darned close second.  Just try eating at Lagoon as a diabetic... I dare ya).

I totally agree - there are a lot of things about the food selection alone that leaves a lot to be desired at Lagoon, since there are a lot of people who have diets that affect what they can eat; besides diabetes, there's also those who have conditions like Celiac disease, and those of use just plain out trying to watch our weight (there's a history of both diabetes and sleep apnea on my mother's side of the family, both of which are often connected to one's weight).

Then the prices don't help, either.  When you can get the same stuff outside the park for noticeably less, it (along with the above-mentioned unhealthiness of a lot of food offered) makes me less and less inclined to buy food there.
(05-14-2017, 09:00 PM)Gregory Wrote: I totally agree - there are a lot of things about the food selection alone that leaves a lot to be desired at Lagoon, since there are a lot of people who have diets that affect what they can eat; besides diabetes, there's also those who have conditions like Celiac disease, and those of use just plain out trying to watch our weight (there's a history of both diabetes and sleep apnea on my mother's side of the family, both of which are often connected to one's weight).

Then the prices don't help, either.  When you can get the same stuff outside the park for noticeably less, it (along with the above-mentioned unhealthiness of a lot of food offered) makes me less and less inclined to buy food there.

I've only gotten food in the park once for just this reason. There is so much more variety outside the park for way less than what you pay in the park and all are within a 10 minute drive radius. If there was more variety at a decent price than I may be willing to stay in the park to eat.
I agree with you on great food choices being so close. You just have to head over to station park to have your pick. Lagoon's food is pricey but so is food at any park. It became even more pricey this year. I'm OK with what they charge and I do usually get something on most trips. I just wish for the price it was better quality.
(05-19-2017, 02:23 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I agree with you on great food choices being so close. You just have to head over to station park to have your pick. Lagoon's food is pricey but so is food at any park. It became even more pricey this year. I'm OK with what they charge and I do usually get something on most trips. I just wish for the price it was better quality.

For me, it's not just that it's pricey - it's that it's also of not-too-great quality (health-wise) as well.  One reason alone, all right, I might get some as well (cost-wise, it'd be a "special treat," while heath-wise I'd just spend an extra hour or two at the gym afterwards), but when you start combining two or more reasons (high cost plus unhealthy) it makes it harder to justify buying something there rather than buying something outside the park.