Turn of the Century questions
Hey guys & gals! A few stupid, geeky questions ('cuz I roll like that) about TOTC. Actually, it started out as one question, but turned into three thanks to scope creep. Stupid curiosity...

1. I know TOTC was retrofitted with the "love seat" chairs a few years back. Seeing as how Zierer offers those as standard on their Wave Swingers these days, guessing that Lagoon's retro was done by Zierer as opposed to being done in-house?

2. Is the Wave Swinger 48 an old discontinued model? Zierer only officially lists a 40 (24 single+8 double) and a 56 (40 single+8 double) model nowadays.

3. Does TOTC still have the 230 lb. weight limit on single chairs (and do double seats have a limit)?
(04-25-2016, 12:11 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Hey guys & gals! A few stupid, geeky questions ('cuz I roll like that) about TOTC. Actually, it started out as one question, but turned into three thanks to scope creep. Stupid curiosity...

1. I know TOTC was retrofitted with the "love seat" chairs a few years back. Seeing as how Zierer offers those as standard on their Wave Swingers these days, guessing that Lagoon's retro was done by Zierer as opposed to being done in-house?

2. Is the Wave Swinger 48 an old discontinued model? Zierer only officially lists a 40 (24 single+8 double) and a 56 (40 single+8 double) model nowadays.

3. Does TOTC still have the 230 lb. weight limit on single chairs (and do double seats have a limit)?

#1 - Lagoon ordered Double Seats, and as per ZIERER Specifications, the Double Seats are spaced further apart on every other seat mount.

#2 - ZIERER has apearently stopped offering their 32 and 48 Models and moved to 40 and 56 Models, which are the 32 and 48 Models with Single Seats in-between the Double Seats. I would imagine the newer models are built for the additional weight, as I don't believe I've seen an older model with the 56 set up.

#3 - Yes, it still technically has the weight limit, but I've yet to see any park install scales.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
#3 About the wait limit, when being trained, employees are told if the guest cannot clip the bar to the carabiner, they cannot ride.
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
Look out, it's the zombie apocalypse: posts are rising from the dead! Wink
Sorry! Just made this account and I have lots to say! Happy
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
(05-09-2017, 12:09 AM)Wick Wrote: Sorry! Just made this account and I have lots to say! Happy

Glad you decided to start posting. It's great to have an additional perspective on Lagoon Smile