Lagoon History A Closer Look at Lagoon's Logo

More than you ever wanted to know about Lagoon's logo...
Awesome work, man -- loved reading that! There's still a small part of me that would have loved to see the '80 logo used for this year's throwback, but I don't disagree with the choice they went with at all, either: it's definitely got a more en vogue feel, and evokes the fun a bit better.
Glad you enjoyed it. I also would've liked to see the 1980 logo used again. There was actually a small sign inside the PV Ice Cream Shop around 2011 that used it. It had a QR code that linked to Lagoon's "Best Friends" video. I never saw the signs anywhere else. Kind of odd.
I wonder if they would ever change the logo again? I wouldn't want them to, but it has been used for a long time. Maybe just a redefined logo that touches it up a bit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
(04-13-2016, 04:56 PM)RCF Wrote: I wonder if they would ever change the logo again? I wouldn't want them to, but it has been used for a long time. Maybe just a redefined logo that touches it up a bit.

Lagoon just had their current Logo Trademarked, along with Cannibal, Wicked, and Frightmares

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-13-2016, 04:56 PM)RCF Wrote: I wonder if they would ever change the logo again? I wouldn't want them to, but it has been used for a long time. Maybe just a redefined logo that touches it up a bit.

That would be interesting. I think if the right design came along it would replace the current one, but so far it seems to work.

Some day though, the current logo will be "retro" - crazy, huh?
Sid has a good point, if they put the effort into trade marking the current one...it will probably be around for a while longer.  Wink

Great job, as always, Brad-n!
By the way, did anybody notice the new I-15 billboard with the logo highlighting the "GO" in the middle of it? Thought that was a nice li'l nod. Kudos to somebody in Marketing doing their due homage this year.
They have been updating their billboard a lot this year. When I saw the newest one I wondered what it would be like to have that as the new logo. It's pretty basic, but I think it might look a little better on some ride vehicles. Maybe not all of them. But eventually there will be a new logo whether it's next year or in 40 years and it will be interesting to see what they come up with.