Lightning Rod - Dollywood - New For 2016
(11-18-2015, 11:22 AM)Bill Wrote: It does look like a fun ride. I found this online yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN5A6Vuo-dg
Yeah, they FINALLY Released the Entire POV at IAAPA last week. Smile

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-28-2015, 08:26 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Yeah, they FINALLY Released the Entire POV at IAAPA last week. Smile

Did Lagoon ever release one about Cannibal?
(11-30-2015, 11:13 AM)Bill Wrote: Did Lagoon ever release one about Cannibal?
They did not, as they wanted it to be a surprise. Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(11-30-2015, 03:48 PM)linearinduction Wrote: They did not, as they wanted it to be a surprise. Smile

I honestly hope they don't do that for the next big coaster they add. By that time, Lagoon would be a bigger park than now, so they would hopefully do an announcement video with a POV and such. With smaller additions, have simple artwork or at least logo that is released earlier than a week before it opens. You know, create a hype of some sort.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
(11-30-2015, 11:17 PM)RCF Wrote: I honestly hope they don't do that for the next big coaster they add. By that time, Lagoon would be a bigger park than now, so they would hopefully do an announcement video with a POV and such. With smaller additions, have simple artwork or at least logo that is released earlier than a week before it opens. You know, create a hype of some sort.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Lagoon is never going to give away all the Secrets to a Large Attraction, and we should expect a Cannibal like Campaign in the Future. Lagoon is never going to just spill the beans like all other parks, because Lagoon isn't other parks. Lagoon gave us just enough to satisfy at the announcement and enough mystery to keep us talking our jaws off until the Day the Ride opened. By all measurements, the Campaign was a Rousing Success and Very Satisfying. Smile

(11-30-2015, 11:29 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon is never going to give away all the Secrets to a Large Attraction, and we should expect a Cannibal like Campaign in the Future. Lagoon is never going to just spill the beans like all other parks, because Lagoon isn't other parks. Lagoon gave us just enough to satisfy at the announcement and enough mystery to keep us talking our jaws off until the Day the Ride opened. By all measurements, the Campaign was a Rousing Success and Very Satisfying. Smile

What measurements? I am indifferent to how they did it. It worked okay but it could have been improved.
(12-01-2015, 11:11 AM)Bill Wrote: What measurements? I am indifferent to how they did it. It worked okay but it could have been improved.
There were numerous Media Reports, Photos Posted to Lagoon's Facebook Page, Talk all over the Internet not just from Coaster Enthusiast Websites, not to Mention the Traffic to this site. Without giving away Trade Secrets, there's nothing more they could have done. I mean, Lagoon is more like Disney in Regards to not spilling the beans.

Couple of new photos of Lightning Rod's construction, in case anyone's curious:

A few more photos, plus a little aerial drone footage. I've gotta say, I was skeptical at first, but the more I see the ride layout & the gorgeous installation it's going to have, I'm kinda starting to get excited about this one. Been looking for a good excuse to get out to the Smokies... might just have to plan a long weekend sometime this summer. Wink

http://www.coaster101.com/2016/01/24/dol...um=twitter
That does look like it will be a fun coaster.