What kind of coaster would you like to see Lagoon get next?
(06-26-2015, 02:57 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Man! We almost had a fight break out on this one! Yikes!  Shocked

I would love to see LAB moved to the North Field to make room for more rides in the center of the park (I'm not joking...lol). I think most of the slides can be salvaged / reused. It would be very cool to have a modern water park. They could even heat the water so it isn't so friggin' cold!
In my opinion, Lagoon would be better doing a "Geauga Lake" and building a new water park with all new slides. One of the problems with the current layouts of the main slide tower is that it's set so far back to accommodate the Right of Way of the Pioneer Village Railroad, that was never reinstalled. There's so much wasted space in LAB.

(06-26-2015, 03:03 PM)cOAstERdUDe Wrote: Lol i love that Idea! Isn't the point of the water to be cold on a hot day? I could definitely see it heated in the morning when it's a bit cooler, but not during the day.
SERIOUSLY? lol Wow, you obviously never visited Cowabunga Bay and experienced a GREAT Water Park with a Lazy River that is kept at 85 Degrees. People would complain at 3pm when the water of the structure got as cold as water at LAB and other water parks. Even after a transfer, it wasn't too much better. So NO, people don't like swimming in freezing cold water! lol

(06-26-2015, 03:34 PM)Mr.Lagoon22 Wrote: Back behind Bombora and the Maple Terrace is so much open space and Terraces THAT NEVER get used!! I go past there every time i go to go to Rattlesnake i have never seen anyone be at those terraces unless its a dance comp but there's like 10 people there. They should put a giant discovery back there!! Plenty of room or maybe a in house wing coaster??
SMDH! You are aware that Lagoon's CORE Business is GROUP SALES, right? lol We are in the freaking Cascade Terrace in October! lol That means when I reserved the terrace in March, there were only 3 Terraces Left! Have you ever been back there on a Friday or Saturday? Why else would Lagoon have had to EXPAND the Group Foods Building, Build a Group Foods Area for Maple and Oak, and Build a Group Foods Area with the Mining Town Terraces, where the WHOLE Mining Town Area is Often Reserved for a Single Company? lol

(06-26-2015, 04:32 PM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: Back there would be great with all the shade of the trees so you aren't dying of heat waiting in line. There are a ton of terraces that barely get used.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
Please Read Above. Thanks! lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I would love to see a rocky mountain construction original mine train coaster in pioneer village area. I feel like there is probably some space around rattle snake. I would love it if they could do it with out having to remove too many trees. Think of how awesome it would be going through all that forest and even through the village. It would be tricky to squeeze it in i know. Also I would love to see them expand the log flume back there as well with multiple hills it would be awesome.
(06-26-2015, 09:48 PM)linearinduction Wrote: In my opinion, Lagoon would be better doing a "Geauga Lake" and building a new water park with all new slides. One of the problems with the current layouts of the main slide tower is that it's set so far back to accommodate the Right of Way of the Pioneer Village Railroad, that was never reinstalled. There's so much wasted space in LAB.

I believe the main structure of slides should go, but the other two slide complexes could still be used. Would make sense to get ride of them all. I just hope they would add some capsule slides, including those Aqualoops. Just adding four of those with two Aqualoops in one structure, and a bowl/tornado/boomerang combo would help round out Lagoon-A-Beach to be a great waterpark. And absolutely NO wave pool! I don't get how those are so popular when they are actually quite boring and don't make sense to me.

(06-26-2015, 09:48 PM)linearinduction Wrote: SMDH! You are aware that Lagoon's CORE Business is GROUP SALES, right? lol We are in the freaking Cascade Terrace in October! lol That means when I reserved the terrace in March, there were only 3 Terraces Left! Have you ever been back there on a Friday or Saturday? Why else would Lagoon have had to EXPAND the Group Foods Building, Build a Group Foods Area for Maple and Oak, and Build a Group Foods Area with the Mining Town Terraces, where the WHOLE Mining Town Area is Often Reserved for a Single Company? lol

You have no idea how many people believe those terraces are never used. So many think those terraces don't bring Lagoon to it's full potential because it's a complete waste of space. Someone went on how Lagoon doesn't use over 75% of their owned land and half of what they do use has those terraces which bring no revenue.

I tried to explain how the 75% is most parks nowadays, and how Lagoon actually has those terraces for a reason, but he just decided to go on about the poorly maintenanced rides, then the animal abuse, then how I'm an inhuman being for supporting such a capitalist corporation and stop shoving my corporate agenda down people's throats and that I should never breed. (Jokes on him, I'm gay.) You know, the usual whenever I try to tell people how Lagoon is actually a great park.
Wave Pools are Quite Fun and I've Always Enjoyed Them. I do like how Mandalay Bay doesn't permit tubes, as at Boulder Beach I ended up on top of kids without tubes. I ended up just putting small kids in my tube to Ride the waves without any worry. Wink

Yeah, there are many people who don't understand business, especially dynamic ones like Amusement and Theme Parks. If only they knew a 16" Pizza in Most Places, including Parks only cost the Park $1.50 to $2.00 each and Charge $16+!

(06-26-2015, 10:34 PM)Tangible Yogurt Wrote: I would love to see a rocky mountain construction original mine train coaster in pioneer village area. I feel like there is probably some space around rattle snake. I would love it if they could do it with out having to remove too many trees. Think of how awesome it would be going through all that forest and even through the village. It would be tricky to squeeze it in i know. Also I would love to see them expand the log flume back there as well with multiple hills it would be awesome.
I'll just nip this in the bud now. Lagoon will not be building any more non water Rides in Pioneer Village. That's what I'v been told multiple times. The ride would have to close 1 Hour Prior to Park Closing. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightening than ever seeing another ride built in Pioneer Village.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(06-27-2015, 12:12 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I'll just nip this in the bud now. Lagoon will not be building any more non water Rides in Pioneer Village. That's what I'v been told multiple times. The ride would have to close 1 Hour Prior to Park Closing. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightening than ever seeing another ride built in Pioneer Village.

Water coaster confirmed for Pioneer Village!!! Happy

If they ever had the idea to move LAB, wouldn't a coaster put there for Pioneer Village be plausible? Could close off PV, but the entrance to the ride be closer to Lagoon's front end, in result stay open longer. Sorry, we just all want that coaster back there, and we can get creative on ways it could happen.
(06-27-2015, 12:36 AM)RCF Wrote: Water coaster confirmed for Pioneer Village!!! Happy

If they ever had the idea to move LAB, wouldn't a coaster put there for Pioneer Village be plausible? Could close off PV, but the entrance to the ride be closer to Lagoon's front end, in result stay open longer. Sorry, we just all want that coaster back there, and we can get creative on ways it could happen.
That idea would be an expansion of Pioneer Village, which wouldn't be building in the current confines of the village, so that would be entirely possible. Hmmmm, an RMC or Gravity Group Woodie in the Center of the Park.....nice thought. Smile I doubt LAB will ever move and that it will remain only a fan fantasy. Smile

Why exactly does Pioneer Village have to close 1 hour earlier than the rest of the park? Also, why can't the park stay open until midnight like they used to in the good old days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-29-2015, 09:22 PM)Z Wrote: Why exactly does Pioneer Village have to close 1 hour earlier than the rest of the park? Also, why can't the park stay open until midnight like they used to in the good old days?

For the hour closing, I feel it would have to do with crowd control. They get people out of the back of the park, so they can close earlier and let the kid employees get home at a better time. I think the young employees are also the reason they don't stay open until midnight, as well as the neighbors with noise ordinances.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
(06-29-2015, 09:22 PM)Z Wrote: Why exactly does Pioneer Village have to close 1 hour earlier than the rest of the park? Also, why can't the park stay open until midnight like they used to in the good old days?

Because Crowds die down at Dark in PV, so it saves on Budget. It also can take 30 to 45 Minutes to Lock and Secure the Exhibits. Crowds just don't stay as late at the park, and Lagoon is extremely unique with their Later and Earlier Closing and Opening Times. Many Six Flags parks close before 10pm in the Summer and very few parks Remain open past 10 pm on Saturdays. Disney is really the only other park Operator with late closings.
(06-29-2015, 09:53 PM)RCF Wrote: For the hour closing, I feel it would have to do with crowd control. They get people out of the back of the park, so they can close earlier and let the kid employees get home at a better time. I think the young employees are also the reason they don't stay open until midnight, as well as the neighbors with noise ordinances.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
As I explained above, it's mostly based on what people do. Since people keep breeding like rabbits, they have to get the little ones in bed for church Sunday mornings. Wink

I love those back terraces. Who can forget trashcan bowling in the little tykes wagon?

As for another coaster, aren't we done for now? This crap is tiring. Lets see how this one rolls and enjoy it without projecting too much. :p
What are we doing for dinner?