What kind of coaster would you like to see Lagoon get next?
(06-25-2015, 07:50 PM)Talor Wrote: Hey, that's the kind of thing they should be shooting for when they have the kind of restrictions they have. They're doing great. My point was that they're not going to have a hypercoaster that competes with the likes of Diamondback or Apollo's Chariot. They're not going to get an inverted coaster that competes with Banshee or Raptor. They're creating unique, one-of-a-kind, original coasters that sets them apart from the chains. That's what they should be doing.

Win
(06-25-2015, 05:03 PM)Talor Wrote: Tear out Roller Coaster and put in a Lagoon-A-Beach expansion in its place.

Hey, Carowinds is doing it. It's all the rage.

Oh, a new coaster? With Lagoon, I find it difficult to predict due to their height limits (self-imposed or not) and their willingness to build in-house. Hopefully the next one is just as unique as Cannibal and Wicked are. Lagoon isn't going to compete with the large park chains no matter what they do so adding these one-of-a-kind unique coasters is a brilliant way to bring in those who may not visit otherwise. Plus, locals will come regardless of how big or amazing the new thing is. Why change what already works?

Lagoon has no real concrete height restrictions. They have a zoning requirement that makes them go before the Planning Commission and City Council when they want to put in an attraction that exceeds a permitted height to get a Conditional Use Permit. As long as Lagoon has a good relationship with the Council they will not be denied the permit. If push came to shove, Lagoon may be required to make a few concessions to the Council, but they have a lot of ability to negotiate at this point. Back when Lagoon-A-Beach was created, Lagoon was looking to close Lagoon Lane to allow attractions and facilities to move further east. They were allowed to close Lagoon Lane through creation of the Lagoon Trail, which has been far more valuable to the City than Lagoon Lane. Now, Lagoon could offer to pay for the tunnel under I-15 and the City would give them any concession that they were looking for.

-Z
(06-25-2015, 05:03 PM)Talor Wrote: Tear out Roller Coaster and put in a Lagoon-A-Beach expansion in its place.

Hey, Carowinds is doing it. It's all the rage.

Oh, a new coaster? With Lagoon, I find it difficult to predict due to their height limits (self-imposed or not) and their willingness to build in-house. Hopefully the next one is just as unique as Cannibal and Wicked are. Lagoon isn't going to compete with the large park chains no matter what they do so adding these one-of-a-kind unique coasters is a brilliant way to bring in those who may not visit otherwise. Plus, locals will come regardless of how big or amazing the new thing is. Why change what already works?

Roller Coaster is a vitial piece of history. I hope you are joking.
(06-26-2015, 09:35 AM)Coasters Wrote: Roller Coaster is a vitial piece of history. I hope you are joking.

Eh, it's an old hunk of junk that wore out its welcome a long time ago.

Of course I'm joking. It's my favorite coaster at the park.
(06-26-2015, 10:19 AM)Talor Wrote: Eh, it's an old hunk of junk that wore out its welcome a long time ago.

Of course I'm joking. It's my favorite coaster at the park.

Man! We almost had a fight break out on this one! Yikes!  Shocked

I would love to see LAB moved to the North Field to make room for more rides in the center of the park (I'm not joking...lol). I think most of the slides can be salvaged / reused. It would be very cool to have a modern water park. They could even heat the water so it isn't so friggin' cold!
(06-26-2015, 02:57 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Man! We almost had a fight break out on this one! Yikes!  Shocked

I would love to see LAB moved to the North Field to make room for more rides in the center of the park (I'm not joking...lol). I think most of the slides can be salvaged / reused. It would be very cool to have a modern water park. They could even heat the water so it isn't so friggin' cold!
Lol i love that Idea! Isn't the point of the water to be cold on a hot day? I could definitely see it heated in the morning when it's a bit cooler, but not during the day.
(06-26-2015, 02:57 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Man! We almost had a fight break out on this one! Yikes!  Shocked

Win

I have always liked that idea
Back behind Bombora and the Maple Terrace is so much open space and Terraces THAT NEVER get used!! I go past there every time i go to go to Rattlesnake i have never seen anyone be at those terraces unless its a dance comp but there's like 10 people there. They should put a giant discovery back there!! Plenty of room or maybe a in house wing coaster??
(06-26-2015, 03:34 PM)Mr.Lagoon22 Wrote: Back behind Bombora and the Maple Terrace is so much open space and Terraces THAT NEVER get used!! I go past there every time i go to go to Rattlesnake i have never seen anyone be at those terraces unless its a dance comp but there's like 10 people there. They should put a giant discovery back there!! Plenty of room or maybe a in house wing coaster??
Back there would be great with all the shade of the trees so you aren't dying of heat waiting in line. There are a ton of terraces that barely get used.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
(06-26-2015, 03:34 PM)Mr.Lagoon22 Wrote: Back behind Bombora and the Maple Terrace is so much open space and Terraces THAT NEVER get used!! I  go past there every time i go to go to Rattlesnake i have never seen anyone be at those terraces unless its a dance comp but there's like 10 people there. They should put a giant discovery back there!! Plenty of room or maybe a in house wing coaster??

I've attended a few corporate picnic events in those terraces. I think the companies that have Lagoon cater food use those mostly.