New X-Venture ride??!!
(06-21-2015, 11:11 PM)Coasters Wrote: Yeah I agree. Its operator error for sure. I've operated that ride more than probably anyone on this forum and have also supervised over it. It would be operator error. The capsule has a drift to it and the operator most likely did not account for that.
You are probably correct. My Crew Lead Year I worked Catapult and Sky Coaster more often than I worked in my home area. lol I was one of the few operators that was in tune with the ride and was able to pump the pedal and guide the ball and fork home. There were very few of us capable of doing so.

It sounds to me like the op went straight to the black foot switch and kept his/her foot on it, allowing the ball to crash into the platform. I just can't fathom how someone could be so reckless.
(06-21-2015, 11:02 PM)JordanM Wrote: The only way this would happen is if the spring machine failed. Since I'm almost certain that it did not, we are left with operator error being the cause. The operator must have stood on the pedal without lifting their foot to allow the capsule to stabilize.
This is Accurate.
(06-21-2015, 10:56 PM)airracelover Wrote: It wasn't the ride ops fault they did everything correctly, it just had no resistance when it came crashing down
That is HILARIOUSLY inaccurate and dang near Impossible to be a Malfunction. For those of us who knew the ride VERY WELL, it sounds like Operator Error. Wink

SCAD Towers do not have multiple redundant failsafes like those on Funtime Slingshots and Sky Coasters. There was also a pretty serious injury at the IAAPA Trade Show several years ago on a SCAD Tower. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Just a random question based on what I'm reading... Could the pedal have malfunctioned?
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
(06-22-2015, 04:34 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Just a random question based on what I'm reading... Could the pedal have malfunctioned?

I suppose it's possible. It would have to be mechanical failure, though, as it should fail to an open state electrically. I'm not familiar with the mechanism used for that particular pedal. 
Last week on Monday I noticed the ball was just sitting up there in mid air not on the platform. Thats interesting though

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk