2016 Ride Predictions
(06-16-2015, 05:15 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think they could add a kiddie ride, or maybe they wont. I'd like to see them run a Roller Coaster train backwards, or replace Bat's train with one of the new ones with no OTSR's or add one of  the three new dark rides I've proposed in my mind (shrink down to the size of a bug, dinosaurs, haunted Lagoon). Also, they should start making plans for a 2021 wooden roller coaster to celebrate Roller Coaster's centennial.

RMC's custom would be an awesome addition to the park. Wait let me rephrase that a Rider Centerline built by RMC! LOL

El Loco outerbanked turn was a cool feature and the restraints I was impressed by too. The rest of the ride was not as good as I was expecting.

Screaming Swings are fun but only in the larger models. I rode the prototype in Logan a few years back and it wasn't as thrilling as SkyHawk at CP was.

I would love a Arrow 4D coaster at Lagoon but I'll keep dreaming. I am just not a fan of S&S's new Free Fly 4D coasters, I think Arrow's design is much better. I do however like S&S's Family Free Fly coaster in Switzerland, it looks like a good fun ride, the one that has been built I feel doesn't do the coaster design justice or what could be achieved as ride layout quality that design offers.
(06-16-2015, 05:15 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think they could add a kiddie ride, or maybe they wont. I'd like to see them run a Roller Coaster train backwards, or replace Bat's train with one of the new ones with no OTSR's or add one of the three new dark rides I've proposed in my mind (shrink down to the size of a bug, dinosaurs, haunted Lagoon). Also, they should start making plans for a 2021 wooden roller coaster to celebrate Roller Coaster's centennial.

PTC trains are not and were not designed or intended to run backwards, and those parks that do are actually going against the recommendations of the manufacturer. This is why Cedar Fair stopped running Racer, Rebel Yell, and Thunder Road backwards, after sending them to PTC for a rebuild.

I was told Vekoma wanted 1 Million Dollars for and Additional Train and Storage Track for Bat. It doesn't make sense to replace a perfectly fine train with a new one. As far as I know, the new ones have the same wheel housings as the old trains, so there's no benefit to a new Train other than perceived benefits. Wink

I think a new woodie, hopefully something traditional, would be great for 2021, but I fear it would detract from Roller Coaster's Centennial. I would not be opposed to a new woodie, even a Ride Centerline Designed and RMC Built Contraption. Wink

In regards to an S&S Free Spin, I'm all for one, as it's said Six Flags is buying several.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I'm all for the idea of more kiddie rides next year. They are fairly inexpensive, and Lagoon's team has been doing amazing on extras for these rides. It would also cost less than the 2013 additions as it won't include extra paths and a giant gazebo. It's inexpensive and will help make Lagoon's kiddieland break it's own record.

In regards to a roller coaster in the future, I don't think we will see any huge investments to coasters unless it's again in-house and/or designed by Dal Freeman. An S&S Free Spin is a fair price with what it offers (which would compliment Lagoon extremely well,) but an RMC wouldn't be without Dal Freeman putting his own design into it. Maybe Ride Centerline and Dal could collaborate and make a legendary ride... Wait, I really want this to happen now!!
It would be cool if lagoon got a giant discovery...but that won't be happening any time soon

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
(06-16-2015, 06:53 PM)RCF Wrote: I'm all for the idea of more kiddie rides next year. They are fairly inexpensive, and Lagoon's team has been doing amazing on extras for these rides. It would also cost less than the 2013 additions as it won't include extra paths and a giant gazebo. It's inexpensive and will help make Lagoon's kiddieland break it's own record.

In regards to a roller coaster in the future, I don't think we will see any huge investments to coasters unless it's again in-house and/or designed by Dal Freeman. An S&S Free Spin is a fair price with what it offers (which would compliment Lagoon extremely well,) but an RMC wouldn't be without Dal Freeman putting his own design into it. Maybe Ride Centerline and Dal could collaborate and make a legendary ride... Wait, I really want this to happen now!!
Exactly! We have THE BEST Looking Speedway Zamperla has ever Built, even if it does belong in Sid's Trademark Infringement Corner. lol Lagoon could have done what Cedar Fair did with their Planet Snoopy Upgrades and literally plopped down Tipsey Tea Cups and Red Rock Rally on Concrete Pads, but instead of just investing the $500K, they spent an additional Million on Permanent Versions of these Rides in Themeing and Landscaping that this Patron Extremely Appreciates! What's even better and even more impressive is that Red Rock Rally is Uniquely Utah. Soarin' Over California is the only Region Specific Ride on the same level as Red Rock Rally. Smile
(06-16-2015, 07:04 PM)cad000 Wrote: It would be cool if lagoon got a giant discovery...but that won't be happening any time soon

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
It will be a HUSS Park Attractions Giant Frisbee, or so I've heard. No Zamperla Discovery Here. I could see a Giant Frisbee in maybe 2017.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
If they took out Hydro-Luge there's plenty of room along with the lawns behind it.
(06-16-2015, 07:36 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It will be a HUSS Park Attractions Giant Frisbee, or so I've heard. No Zamperla Discovery Here. I could see a Giant Frisbee in maybe 2017.

Why not a Zamperla Discovery? With the bankruptcy of HUSS, the main reason why parts for any current HUSS ride at Lagoon takes forever to receive, it would make sense to invest in a company that Lagoon knows will offer a reliable ride. Just like with everything else Lagoon has recently gotten from Zamperla, a Giant Discovery would be offered with major flexibility for the park with however they want the ride to be.

The biggest reason why I could see Lagoon not taking the Zamperla route would be the height restriction. 57" minimum is pretty tall. Although a Gaint Frisbee also has a height restriction of about 76" with a minimum of about 51". Either way, both height limits are high for Lagoon's standards. Maybe Lagoon could ask for a custom (but pricey) modification to make the height limit shorter on either ride.
(06-16-2015, 08:20 PM)RCF Wrote: Why not a Zamperla Discovery? With the bankruptcy of HUSS, the main reason why parts for any current HUSS ride at Lagoon takes forever to receive, it would make sense to invest in a company that Lagoon knows will offer a reliable ride. Just like with everything else Lagoon has recently gotten from Zamperla, a Giant Discovery would be offered with major flexibility for the park with however they want the ride to be.

The biggest reason why I could see Lagoon not taking the Zamperla route would be the height restriction. 57" minimum is pretty tall. Although a Gaint Frisbee also has a height restriction of about 76" with a minimum of about 51". Either way, both height limits are high for Lagoon's standards. Maybe Lagoon could ask for a custom (but pricey) modification to make the height limit shorter on either ride.
I believe you are talking about HUSS Maschinenfabrik & Co KG GmbH, which no longer exists in any form.

HUSS Park Attractions GmbH is a new company formed by the acquisition of the assets of HUSS Maschinenfabrik. In fact, Stakotra Manufacturing S.r.o. is a Major Shareholder in the new HUSS.

Nate has been great at explaining how China has made it harder for Ride Manufacturers to obtain certain parts, this is why it took 7 Months for Samurai to get the part it needed in 2007. What used to take 3 months in the 90s now takes double that time. It's easier to get parts for the newer HUSS rides. Wink

In regards to the Minimum Height Requirement being too high, Samurai and Cliffhanger have a minimum requirement of 54" and Samurai did for several weeks. Mondial approved the seat inserts (Yellow Dot Seats) and the Height Requirement was dropped to 50", the same as Rocket and Jet Star 2. These Rides are aggressive, just one reason for the high height requirement. Wink

(06-16-2015, 08:20 PM)RCF Wrote: ...it would make sense to invest in a company that Lagoon knows will offer a reliable ride.

*looks toward Air Race*

Nope.
(06-16-2015, 08:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I believe you are talking about HUSS Maschinenfabrik & Co KG GmbH, which no longer exists in any form.

HUSS Park Attractions GmbH is a new company formed by the acquisition of the assets of HUSS Maschinenfabrik. In fact, Stakotra Manufacturing S.r.o. is a Major Shareholder in the new HUSS.

Nate has been great at explaining how China has made it harder for Ride Manufacturers to obtain certain parts, this is why it took 7 Months for Samurai to get the part it needed in 2007. What used to take 3 months in the 90s now takes double that time. It's easier to get parts for the newer HUSS rides. Wink

In regards to the Minimum Height Requirement being too high, Samurai and Cliffhanger have a minimum requirement of 54" and Samurai did for several weeks. Mondial approved the seat inserts (Yellow Dot Seats) and the Height Requirement was dropped to 50", the same as Rocket and Jet Star 2. These Rides are aggressive, just one reason for the high height requirement. Wink

Oh, didn't know HUSS is now a different company. I was however talking about Centennial Screamer and Tidal Wave and their down times, as Samurai is Mondial.

Could Lagoon request the seat inserts again for either of the rides, or an equivalent of?