Cannibal - New for 2015!
(09-04-2014, 03:07 PM)jonskinny12 Wrote: So in the video on Fox 13, they mention that they're not revealing the "exclusive thrill element" until the ride opens. I assume this has to be something in the lift then, otherwise it would be difficult to keep it hidden from the public. I wonder what's going to happen in there that will be a thrill element and cause the ride time to end up at 2 1/2 minutes. Because at 2,700 feet of track and the speeds this is going, there's no way it gets to 2 1/2 minutes if there isn't a delay somewhere, right?
Since they didn't mention the Barrel Roll/Inline Twist Inversion, I would imagine that is the Thrill Element, or the Tilting in the Tower so the 2 Lift Platforms can Pass Each Other. I'm fairly certain 45 Seconds to a Minute will be spent ascending the Tower. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(09-04-2014, 03:07 PM)jonskinny12 Wrote: So in the video on Fox 13, they mention that they're not revealing the "exclusive thrill element" until the ride opens. I assume this has to be something in the lift then, otherwise it would be difficult to keep it hidden from the public. I wonder what's going to happen in there that will be a thrill element and cause the ride time to end up at 2 1/2 minutes. Because at 2,700 feet of track and the speeds this is going, there's no way it gets to 2 1/2 minutes if there isn't a delay somewhere, right?

there will be brakes right after the drop. Going from 208 to 140 dies not make sense unless they add a brake to slow it down to not hurt anyone. It looks like most of the ride will be half the height of the tower, so I don't expect 70 MPH to last throughout the first part of the ride before MCBR.

If you look at the pictures, there's an entire area of the coaster that was not revealed, so Lagoon is going to not announce any part of that until that part of the ride is put up. It won't be announced by Lagoon, but people will still see it like people already saw the tower pieces before it was announced. I guess it's smart marketing move, but it infuriates us enthusiasts!
(09-04-2014, 03:12 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
Since they didn't mention the Barrel Roll/Inline Twist Inversion, I would imagine that is the Thrill Element, or the Tilting in the Tower so the 2 Lift Platforms can Pass Each Other. I'm fairly certain 45 Seconds to a Minute will be spent ascending the Tower. Wink
Wouldn't any inversion be hard to keep from the public, though? I guess unless it passes back through the tower and does it in there, which I don't believe is the case.

(09-04-2014, 03:15 PM)RCF Wrote:

there will be brakes right after the drop. Going from 208 to 140 dies not make sense unless they add a brake to slow it down to not hurt anyone. It looks like most of the ride will be half the height of the tower, so I don't expect 70 MPH to last throughout the first part of the ride before MCBR.

If you look at the pictures, there's an entire area of the coaster that was not revealed, so Lagoon is going to not announce any part of that until that part of the ride is put up. It won't be announced by Lagoon, but people will still see it like people already saw the tower pieces before it was announced. I guess it's smart marketing move, but it infuriates us enthusiasts!

Yeah, maybe it'll be obvious to anybody who looks at it, but they just won't announce it. Whatever, I still can't wait for next year!
(09-04-2014, 02:05 PM)Coasters Wrote: The Standard Examiner says prices for the passes will 117 dollars

A perfectly reasonable price for Frightmares 2014 and then the 2015 season. This has to be an awesome deal, and it appears to be aimed at those of us who chose not to get a pass this year. It's like Lagoon is speaking to me.

(09-04-2014, 03:16 PM)jonskinny12 Wrote: Wouldn't any inversion be hard to keep from the public, though? I guess unless it passes back through the tower and does it in there, which I don't believe is the case.

Yes, unless it's one of the last pieces they put up. Keep in mind that the general public will not know what the track looks like until they actually go to Lagoon next year. If you are on this site, that means you take more of an interest than most people and may figure out what the surprise element is before the general public.

It will be interesting to see if they do anything special in the tower, or if it will end up being an element on the track. Either way, it's going to be fun to figure out!
The traffic on this website killed the server for a bit just barely. Awesome!
(09-04-2014, 03:52 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: The traffic on this website killed the server for a bit just barely. Awesome!

So it WASN'T just me this time!
The Standard Examiner has a few additional things that I wanted to share for discussion:

Quote:By producing the track in state, Cannibal will have longer sections, which mean fewer joints. Fewer joints mean a smoother ride.

Quote:By making the announcement, Lagoon Advertising Manager Adam Leishman said the park hopes to end months of speculation. Officials wanted to officially make the announcement before the tower went up.

“It was really hard, there was a lot of speculation, a lot of it correct,” Leishman said. “We thought it would be the perfect time to let the cat out of the bag.”

Quote:o give more patrons a chance to try out the attraction, anyone who buys a season pass after Sept. 15, for the Frightmares season, can use the pass through the entire 2015 season, from March to October for $117.95 plus tax.

“This really will be an incredible coaster and we are so excited,” Freed said. “We feel it will hold its own against any roller coaster in the world.”

Finally, they had an awesome picture showing off some of the amazing theming this coaster will have:

- Image source: Standard Examiner

This coaster will have an awesome viewing area! I can't wait to capture pictures from that spot!

You can read the entire article here and check out some additional photos: http://www.standard.net/Business/2014/09...-ride.html
Looking at pictures they had on display today. The double barrel rolls are there but right after the dive loop there is no track so maybe there is a cool surprise after the dive loop through there.
(09-04-2014, 12:45 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: Does anyone know if the drop will also be enclosed? What if they kept it all enclosed except for a little window view before you were about to drop? That would be insane!

There is a new video on FOX 13. It shows that the coaster will have certain water elements to go along with some of the inversions. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful attraction.

So do you have a link to this video? Ahhh! I'm ecstatic rn. My inner 10 year old is clawing its way to freedom an my roller coaster enthusiast self is in tears tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast die young bad girls do it well
http://fox13now.com/2014/09/04/lagoons-n...eggSAiaPe1