Cannibal Discussion
(09-04-2014, 01:15 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: According to the video it looks like the beginning of the beyond-vertical drop is going to jut out of the building and then go back in so that it can enter through the underground tunnel. This will be a one of a kind ride experience that I am sure Lagoon is thrilled to be a part of. This is exactly what they need. Does anybody have an idea of when they will start raising their prices? I should get my season passport now!

They did say they will start selling 2015 season passes on September 15, and you can get in to the park for the rest of the 2014 season, and the all of the 2015 season. This could go two ways, either they will be low, and stay the same price through January. OR because the pass includes 2014 the passes will be higher in cost than they would be around Christmas when historically they are at their lowest.
My Coaster Count: 99
Sky's Coaster Count: 14
Follow Beyond Vertical on Twitter!
I was just about to post that info! Happy I think that is an awesome deal! My wife and I are already discussing using it since we never got our passes this year.
(09-04-2014, 01:39 PM)Velcro Wrote: I was just about to post that info! Happy I think that is an awesome deal! My wife and I are already discussing using it since we never got our passes this year.

I just really hope that Cannibal is included in the passport and not as an up-charge attraction like the Skycoaster or Catapult. They wouldn't do that, would they?
(09-04-2014, 01:46 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 01:39 PM)Velcro Wrote: I was just about to post that info! Happy I think that is an awesome deal! My wife and I are already discussing using it since we never got our passes this year.

I just really hope that Cannibal is included in the passport and not as an up-charge attraction like the Skycoaster or Catapult. They wouldn't do that, would they?

I doubt they would upcharge for it. Skycoaster and Catapult are typical upcharge attractions at all other theme parks. I've never heard of a roller coaster being an "upcharge" attraction.
Put your fears aside. Lagoon would never charge extra for a roller coaster.
(09-04-2014, 01:28 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 01:24 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There's no room for the Drop to go back into the tower. It would also defeat the purpose of enclosing the Tower so it's dark. Wink
That makes sense. So the lift will be in the tower, where it is dark, and the beyond-vertical drop will be on the outside before going into the tunnel? I just want clarification on the design.
You will enter the Tower onto a Track Platform that will Lift You to the Top like if you were getting on an Elevator. Theere is an overhead door on the outside of the Top of the Tower where the Train will exit the Tower and into the 116 Degree Drop then into the Underground Tunnel. Wink

(09-04-2014, 01:46 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: I just really hope that Cannibal is included in the passport and not as an up-charge attraction like the Skycoaster or Catapult. They wouldn't do that, would they?
Cannibal will be included with your All Day Passport and Season Passport. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(09-04-2014, 01:46 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote:

Skycoaster and Catapult have extra prices mostly for crowd control/ capacity issues.

After looking closer at the pictures it does appear to have two barrel rolls

(09-04-2014, 01:36 PM)Lè Dude Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 01:15 PM)dillanjaiho25 Wrote: According to the video it looks like the beginning of the beyond-vertical drop is going to jut out of the building and then go back in so that it can enter through the underground tunnel. This will be a one of a kind ride experience that I am sure Lagoon is thrilled to be a part of. This is exactly what they need. Does anybody have an idea of when they will start raising their prices? I should get my season passport now!

They did say they will start selling 2015 season passes on September 15, and you can get in to the park for the rest of the 2014 season, and the all of the 2015 season. This could go two ways, either they will be low, and stay the same price through January. OR because the pass includes 2014 the passes will be higher in cost than they would be around Christmas when historically they are at their lowest.
The Standard Examiner says prices for the passes will 117 dollars
(09-04-2014, 02:05 PM)Coasters Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 01:36 PM)Lè Dude Wrote: They did say they will start selling 2015 season passes on September 15, and you can get in to the park for the rest of the 2014 season, and the all of the 2015 season. This could go two ways, either they will be low, and stay the same price through January. OR because the pass includes 2014 the passes will be higher in cost than they would be around Christmas when historically they are at their lowest.
The Standard Examiner says prices for the passes will 117 dollars
$117 is the Price if You Purchase your Pass Now, so it Includes the rest of 2014 as well as 2015, not Just 2015.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Thanks guys for letting me know and putting my fears to rest. Now all there is to do is look forward, happily to the best season Lagoon has ever known in 2015!
So in the video on Fox 13, they mention that they're not revealing the "exclusive thrill element" until the ride opens. I assume this has to be something in the lift then, otherwise it would be difficult to keep it hidden from the public. I wonder what's going to happen in there that will be a thrill element and cause the ride time to end up at 2 1/2 minutes. Because at 2,700 feet of track and the speeds this is going, there's no way it gets to 2 1/2 minutes if there isn't a delay somewhere, right?