Lagoon's Roller Coaster Recreation (for Science!)
Pursuant with this thread, I've went ahead and done up a recreation of Roller Coaster.

I won't say much, because it's not really a complete recreation, just what I feel is relevant.

[Image: M1ZHdjK.jpg]
Satellite image of the area, scaled appropriately to No Limit's grid.

[Image: Smuelh6.jpg]
Roller Coaster. Finished with supports sitting on top of underlay.

[Image: mf2lHM3.jpg]
Reference picture

[Image: xxglczG.jpg]
Recreation

[Image: ODUV4UQ.jpg]
[Image: uoLvrf2.jpg][Image: VEZ9FTn.jpg]
A few more pictures in the simulator.

Link to the album on Imgur so you can click back and forth between the pictures

________________Real Roller Coaster | TWD's Roller Coaster
Max Height: . . . .62 Feet . . . . . . . 18.8 Meters (62 Feet)
Max Speed:. . . . .45 Mph. . . . . . . . 71 Kph (44.12 Mph)
Length: . . . . . .?,??? Feet. . . . . . 717.87 Meters (2355 Feet)

The ride clocks anywhere from 2 seconds short to right on time with any Youtube video recording of the ride.
There's quite a bit wrong with the Recreation. There's not clearance for the walkway under the ride on the south side, the station is a Car Length Longer, There is a Straight Car Length Entrance and Exit on East and Upper and Lower West Curve, and the last drop before the brake run is actually at ground level, and the Profile isn't correct either. Roller Coaster may indeed be approximately 2,500ft Long, but that really doesn't make sense when you compare it to other coasters of the length. Also, all POvs have the "Variable Speed" Lift when 2 Trains are Operating, which makes the Videos Longer than what it used to run.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Nice Job! It looks great. I'm surprised by the results.
(03-26-2015, 09:52 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There's quite a bit wrong with the Recreation. There's not clearance for the walkway under the ride on the south side, the station is a Car Length Longer, There is a Straight Car Length Entrance and Exit on East and Upper and Lower West Curve, and the last drop before the brake run is actually at ground level, and the Profile isn't correct either.

Oh, I agree with you. I literally just scaled the satellite picture and traced. Had I the motivation and time to finish the whole ride it would be much more precise - I literally whipped this up between 5:00 and 9:00. But as you mentioned, most of the changes would be minutiae and wouldn't account for a 1,000' change in length.
(03-26-2015, 09:59 PM)ThatWyomingDude Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 09:52 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There's quite a bit wrong with the Recreation. There's not clearance for the walkway under the ride on the south side, the station is a Car Length Longer, There is a Straight Car Length Entrance and Exit on East and Upper and Lower West Curve, and the last drop before the brake run is actually at ground level, and the Profile isn't correct either.

Oh, I agree with you. I literally just scaled the satellite picture and traced. Had I the motivation and time to finish the whole ride it would be much more precise - I literally whipped this up between 5:00 and 9:00. But as you mentioned, most of the changes would be minutiae and wouldn't account for a 1,000' change in length.
Thanks for whipping it up and you are Correct! Smile It's all very odd. The only thing I could think of is somehow Lagoon's "Pippin" got mixed up with another one of Miller's "Pippins."
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Suddenly, I felt the earth start to move. I looked up in the sky and saw the moon turn blood red. The neighbors cats and dogs started to get along!

Yes, it's true. In a roundabout way, Sid admitted he *may* be wrong.

Happy

-Z
(03-26-2015, 10:44 PM)Z Wrote: Suddenly, I felt the earth start to move. I looked up in the sky and saw the moon turn blood red. The neighbors cats and dogs started to get along!

Yes, it's true. In a roundabout way, Sid admitted he *may* be wrong.

Happy

-Z
Facts are Facts are Facts, and you know how I LOVE Facts. Smile So if we have something close to "scientific" that finds Roller Coaster is Closer to 2,500 Feet Long, I accept that. It appears to me that 2,598 Feet may indeed be Roller Coaster's Length, which would also suggest to me that perhaps Roller Coaster may have a Top Speed of 40 MPH? Who's got a Radar Gun? lol Therefore, my EGO is still intact, and the fact you brought me up means you boosted my EGO. Laugh Boosting Sid's Ego
(03-26-2015, 11:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It appears to me that 2,598 Feet may indeed be Roller Coaster's Length
Maybe ACE is great with history, but bad with typing. The award also lists the name in the John Miller Catalog as "Pippen Dips". I've seen the catalog, it says "Pippin Dips".
(03-26-2015, 11:13 PM)jetstar2 Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 11:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It appears to me that 2,598 Feet may indeed be Roller Coaster's Length
Maybe ACE is great with history, but bad with typing. The award also lists the name in the John Miller Catalog as "Pippen Dips". I've seen the catalog, it says "Pippin Dips".
That also makes sense! Perhaps someone over at ACE needs Glasses, or perhaps they just can't see after hitting the Buffet. Wink
(03-26-2015, 11:33 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 11:13 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Maybe ACE is great with history, but bad with typing. The award also lists the name in the John Miller Catalog as "Pippen Dips". I've seen the catalog, it says "Pippin Dips".
That also makes sense! Perhaps someone over at ACE needs Glasses, or perhaps they just can't see after hitting the Buffet. Wink

If you hit the same buffet multiple times, but get different food, is it multiple coaster credits or just one?