Live Entertainment 2015
(06-14-2015, 02:25 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Hmmm... If there's a show at Lagoon with a drug overdose death maybe I'll have to look beyond my feelings about Lagoon's musical shows as well as my feelings about the Beatles and give it a chance. While trying to get more details, I did find this:

You would be disappointed. Haha.
And now we know that Rain Maker thing has been around.
(06-14-2015, 09:07 PM)gregwibert Wrote: I don't think she died because they are reunited in the end? Unless he also died of a broken heart and the reunion is in the afterlife? lol...
Maybe it's intentionally left open to interpretation, but it seems pretty reasonable to assume she just had to leave and end their relationship. It's obviously a very simple storyline.
The show begins with "Jude" watching old home movies of his Dead lover "Lucy," and tells the story of how they met, up until she dies. After her death "Jude" turns off the home movies. I guess they are reunited in death or magically before.

Also, if Lagoon's Live E was Terrible (1996-2003), Mark Huffman wouldn't have flown down for a meeting at Walt Disney World on a Friday, and after one meeting, came back with a Job on Sunday. Not to brag, but as the Show Director for Special Events at Walt Disney World, he doesn't even take a call until the bill hits 10k, so that's pretty significant. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Thanks for the synopsis. I wasn't saying that Lagoon's entertainment is somehow worse than other park's shows. Let's just say that it's not something I'm generally interested in.

I wouldn't think you were bragging unless you think you're this Huffman fellow or the park itself... You do know you aren't a human incarnation of the spirit of Lagoon... right?   Wink Smile Tongue Notserious Sarcasm
How do you guys not get that last song with, "Hey Jude?" It's literally himself with his memories of everyone. All the stuff before with the home movie going is basically Jude watching the home movies to reminisce. After, he is not doing well so he just goes to his memories to feel better. Not exactly a happy ending, but you know Jude is at least doing better.
Watched for the snake oil salesman all day. Finally spotted him by the Samari and followed him to pioneer village thinking he would perform there only to watch him drive through a gate and disappear. Sigh. Never saw him again.
Here's a tip. Get to a spot where you can see the hay barn east of Rattlesnake's loading area about fifteen minutes before the show. That's where they park the buggy thing. If he goes south he'll probably come out in PV. If he goes north the only place to come out is the gate between PV and the picnic terraces. But he might come out near Wicked sometimes too.
(06-15-2015, 12:10 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks for the synopsis. I wasn't saying that Lagoon's entertainment is somehow worse than other park's shows. Let's just say that it's not something I'm generally interested in.

I wouldn't think you were bragging unless you think you're this Huffman fellow or the park itself... You do know you aren't a human incarnation of the spirit of Lagoon... right?   Wink Smile Notserious Sarcasm
You've never seen the Infamous Waldameer Live E Video! lol Lagoon has often done much better with in house Live E Shows than many Outsourced Productions in Cedar Fair, Busch Gardens, and Six Flags Parks. Mark, and his Wife Christy, were responsible for Lagoon's First Big E Awards at IAAPA for Pie Fight at the OK Corral in 1999. They also got the best quality tracks and costumes made in house. It used to be only Jeans were bought and everything else was made. Now that is not the case.....some of the costumes Lagoon made and continues to make are fantastic....like the ABBA Costumes, the 3rd Incarnation. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island