The SHAMELESS Plug Thread
(11-14-2015, 04:57 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Amusement parks are a low priority on the trip. Top priorities are: walking a 700-mile Buddhist pilgrimage on Shikoku island, spending time with my very good friend near Hiroshima, riding every Shinkansen high-speed train line in the country, visiting Nagasaki, Fukushima, and Sendai.

I intend to go to TDS and two other parks. Not USJ as I've already been, and not Fuji-Q as I'm already spending a Tokyo day at TDS. I haven't decided on the other two parks. I hadn't heard of the park you're talking about before, it looks very promising. I'm going to note for myself that it's also called Shima Spain Village so that I can easily find info on it again. I'd be interested in finding a park with a similar vibe to Lagoon as well.

I will be traveling across the entire country with my JR pass, so if you have some suggestions on parks to visit, feel free to give them.
Have you been to USJ since Hollywood Dream Backdrop, the MACK Space Themed Indoor Spinning Coaster, or Harry Potterland Opened? Not sure when the Jurassic Park B&M Flying Coaster is supposed to open though. Other than TDS and USJ, there's not really any other Big Parks, besides Fuji Queue Line Park. There's Tobu Zoo for the Intamin Mega Lite and Woodie, but other than those parks, I can't really think of any others off the top of my head, but I'll ask my friend Yin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-15-2015, 09:22 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Have you been to USJ since Hollywood Dream Backdrop, the MACK Space Themed Indoor Spinning Coaster, or Harry Potterland Opened? Not sure when the Jurassic Park B&M Flying Coaster is supposed to open though. Other than TDS and USJ, there's not really any other Big Parks, besides Fuji Queue Line Park. There's Tobu Zoo for the Intamin Mega Lite and Woodie, but other than those parks, I can't really think of any others off the top of my head, but I'll ask my friend Yin.

When I went Space Fantasy (spinning coaster) was new, but my companions wrongly assured me it wasn't a roller coaster and we shouldn't wait in the endless line to ride it (USJ could also be considered a Queue line park). Hollywood Dream wasn't that amazing forward, and I doubt it would be much better backwards. I'm pretty disinterested in Harry Potter. I'd rather go to Nagashima Spaland than USJ again. If I really wanted to visit Universal Studios again I'd just do it in this country.

Tobu Zoo added to my list of possibilities, thanks!
(11-15-2015, 09:07 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: When I went Space Fantasy (spinning coaster) was new, but my companions wrongly assured me it wasn't a roller coaster and we shouldn't wait in the endless line to ride it (USJ could also be considered a Queue line park). Hollywood Dream wasn't that amazing forward, and I doubt it would be much better backwards. I'm pretty disinterested in Harry Potter. I'd rather go to Nagashima Spaland than USJ again. If I really wanted to visit Universal Studios again I'd just do it in this country.

Tobu Zoo added to my list of possibilities, thanks!
I've only heard good things about Hollywood Dream, so I'm curious as to why it didn't live up to your expectations. Also, doesn't Hollywood Dream have 4 Trains (Now 5 Trains with the Backwards Chassis)? I would think that would keep the line shorter. That also makes me wonder if the Jurassic Park Flying Coaster will have more than 3 Trains.

Steel Dragon 2000 has those sweet new B&M Trains and Spaland just opened that Manta B&M Flying Coaster Clone, Acrobat I think.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(11-15-2015, 09:31 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I've only heard good things about Hollywood Dream, so I'm curious as to why it didn't live up to your expectations. Also, doesn't Hollywood Dream have 4 Trains (Now 5 Trains with the Backwards Chassis)? I would think that would keep the line shorter. That also makes me wonder if the Jurassic Park Flying Coaster will have more than 3 Trains.

Steel Dragon 2000 has those sweet new B&M Trains and Spaland just opened that Manta B&M Flying Coaster Clone, Acrobat I think.

I didn't even know USJ existed when I got to Japan. Somebody at the school I went to worked at USJ and asked us to go. I had no expectations of Hollywood Dream because I didn't know it existed. My expectation was "I hope there's some roller coasters" so it did live up to that.

It is the only B&M I've been on, and it was super smooth and comfy and impressively big looking. The music which you could choose was cool too. I don't know how many trains there were but there were 2 separate stations.

I learned on that trip that the average Japanese person likes a tamer ride than the average American. Hollywood dream is made for Japanese people. It's very tame, no inversions, just a few hills and a couple of helices with very few turns. It's almost too smooth. I prefer Fire Dragon.

The lines for Hollywood Dream were among the shortest in the park. The majority of the Japanese students were too scared to go on it. I went on it several times. It was fun for sure, but not amazing.
(11-15-2015, 10:13 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I didn't even know USJ existed when I got to Japan. Somebody at the school I went to worked at USJ and asked us to go. I had no expectations of Hollywood Dream because I didn't know it existed. My expectation was "I hope there's some roller coasters" so it did live up to that.

It is the only B&M I've been on, and it was super smooth and comfy and impressively big looking. The music which you could choose was cool too. I don't know how many trains there were but there were 2 separate stations.

I learned on that trip that the average Japanese person likes a tamer ride than the average American. Hollywood dream is made for Japanese people. It's very tame, no inversions, just a few hills and a couple of helices with very few turns. It's almost too smooth. I prefer Fire Dragon.

The lines for Hollywood Dream were among the shortest in the park. The majority of the Japanese students were too scared to go on it. I went on it several times. It was fun for sure, but not amazing.
Hollywood Dream is the only B&M Mega Coaster with the Dual Loading Station Platforms and it isn't the biggest or fastest B&M Mega Coaster. Your opinion of the ride experience sounds a lot like Jardon's opinion of Diamondback. I enjoyed it a lot more than he did. lol