Wiki Discussion
I often referred people to the Can I Ride feature. Is there a way to keep that?
Yes. That's still active. I thought I had that on the links. If not, I'll fix it when I get home. The direct link is: http://caniride.lagoonisfun.com

That reminds me that I need to add Cannibal.
(03-16-2015, 03:14 PM)Willenator Wrote: Yes. That's still active. I thought I had that on the links. If not, I'll fix it when I get home. The direct link is: http://caniride.lagoonisfun.com

That reminds me that I need to add Cannibal.
What about the Ride Rating System?
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
So when the spamplosion happened I was put is some kind of administrator group to help delete stuff, and now I'm seeing edits by Jordan with a big red exclamation point by them in the changes log, meaning they need to be patrolled. I was able to mark his edits as patrolled. I didn't even know about this feature but it will be very helpful in making sure nobody vandalizes the wiki. Jordan's edits don't need to be patrolled though, he should have the ability to do the patrolling. Maybe he should be added to the administrator group.

Edits still take effect without being patrolled, but the patrolling feature tells administrators which edits ought to be double checked, and which ones have already been double checked. To patrol an edit, check the Recent Changes page click on "diff" (Difference) next to the edit you want to patrol, the exact changes that were made will be clearly highlighted and if they are ok, click "Mark as patrolled". If the edit needs to be reverted, click "undo".

Edit:

(03-16-2015, 04:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: What about the Ride Rating System?
I'll throw that up on the wiki, and add the ability to expand a list of links to each of the rides that bears that rating. (I know where the original content is, thanks to google)
Click here for eternal salvation.

(03-15-2015, 11:25 PM)linearinduction Wrote: ... the Can I Ride and LIF Ride Rating System pages are Missing.

(03-16-2015, 12:03 AM)Willenator Wrote: ... not everything is up from what I had before.

See my earlier post. Tongue

(03-16-2015, 05:05 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Jordan's edits don't need to be patrolled though, he should have the ability to do the patrolling. Maybe he should be added to the administrator group.

The wiki auto patrols users after a certain threshold of manually patrolled edits. I think I only had to patrol your edits for about a week before they were just accepted.
(03-16-2015, 12:03 AM)Willenator Wrote:
See my earlier post. Tongue
I just don't understand wiki and my OCD is OFF THE FRICKIN CHARTS! lol Everything is not Symmetrical and I know it sounds silly, but it sends my Anxiety Sky High cause it's not cleanly organized like before. :\
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(03-16-2015, 05:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 12:03 AM)Willenator Wrote: See my earlier post. Tongue
I just don't understand wiki and my OCD is OFF THE FRICKIN CHARTS! lol Everything is not Symmetrical and I know it sounds silly, but it sends my Anxiety Sky High cause it's not cleanly organized like before. :\

I see. I think not being symmetrical is an accurate description, but it allows for organization of real life stuff which isn't symmetrical.

I added the ride ratings page here and I included expandable lists of which rides have that rating. I didn't even have to research which rides have what rating to create the list, the wiki did it for me. I just went to the ride rating image and looked at which pages used that image (example here). Just one example of how useful wiki organization can be.

(03-16-2015, 06:34 PM)jetstar2 Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 05:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I just don't understand wiki and my OCD is OFF THE FRICKIN CHARTS! lol Everything is not Symmetrical and I know it sounds silly, but it sends my Anxiety Sky High cause it's not cleanly organized like before. :\

I see. I think not being symmetrical is an accurate description, but it allows for organization of real life stuff which isn't symmetrical.

I added the ride ratings page here and I included expandable lists of which rides have that rating. I didn't even have to research which rides have what rating to create the list, the wiki did it for me. I just went to the ride rating image and looked at which pages used that image (example here). Just one example of how useful wiki organization can be.
That's Pretty Cool it Organized them! Smile
(03-16-2015, 05:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I just don't understand wiki and my OCD is OFF THE FRICKIN CHARTS! lol Everything is not Symmetrical and I know it sounds silly, but it sends my Anxiety Sky High cause it's not cleanly organized like before. :\

It does take a bit to understand wiki. If I didn't have jetstar2 helping me out, I'm sure it would look nothing like it does now. I went and created pages that actually matched the layout look of the old ride pages originally and things have just morphed as jetstar2 has started adjusting things to implement how the wiki naturally pulls information together.

It is a bit of a change, and I'm sorry it's not working out for you yet. However, I'm hopeful that over time and with a little bit of additional work, you will come to enjoy the wiki and prefer it over the old static pages.
(03-16-2015, 05:37 PM)Willenator Wrote: The wiki auto patrols users after a certain threshold of manually patrolled edits. I think I only had to patrol your edits for about a week before they were just accepted.
Oh, cool Smile. Patrolling is something I was totally unaware of.

(03-16-2015, 07:46 PM)Willenator Wrote: It does take a bit to understand wiki. If I didn't have jetstar2 helping me out, I'm sure it would look nothing like it does now. I went and created pages that actually matched the layout look of the old ride pages originally and things have just morphed as jetstar2 has started adjusting things to implement how the wiki naturally pulls information together.
Thanks for letting me focus some of my own OCD on your wiki. :p I think people will grow to really enjoy it over the course of the 2015 season.