Wiki Discussion
I think it would be awesome to do things like have the webcam page state whether Lagoon is currently open or closed. That kind of thing could be done if the ParserFunctions extension they use on Wikipedia was installed.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions
Rename Roller Coaster to 'Lagoon's Classic Roller Coaster'
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
  • Includes the current name
Forgot to mention that Red Baron is not from Zamperla, but is a Bradley and Kaye Red Baron. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-06-2015, 12:35 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think it would be awesome to do things like have the webcam page state whether Lagoon is currently open or closed. That kind of thing could be done if the ParserFunctions extension they use on Wikipedia was installed.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions
Good suggestion. I'll look into this tonight when I get home. I'll see how my back does while I'm on the computer. I'm starting to feel better, so working on getting that running will be a good test.

Edit:

I just found this when looking into the extension: "This extension is bundled with MediaWiki 1.18 and above. Thus you do not have do download and extract the extension as described. However, you still need to follow the other instructions provided."

The LIF Wiki is running on a newer version than that, so it sounds like we already have it. I'll see if it needs to be activated and get that set up.
(04-06-2015, 02:01 PM)Willenator Wrote: Good suggestion. I'll look into this tonight when I get home. I'll see how my back does while I'm on the computer. I'm starting to feel better, so working on getting that running will be a good test.

Edit:

I just found this when looking into the extension: "This extension is bundled with MediaWiki 1.18 and above. Thus you do not have do download and extract the extension as described. However, you still need to follow the other instructions provided."

The LIF Wiki is running on a newer version than that, so it sounds like we already have it. I'll see if it needs to be activated and get that set up.

Will, do I now have an account on the wiki in case I need to edit something? 

PS - I Royally Screwed up the Cannibal Page on Wikipedia, could you fix it?
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(04-06-2015, 02:01 PM)Willenator Wrote: The LIF Wiki is running on a newer version than that, so it sounds like we already have it. I'll see if it needs to be activated and get that set up.
Sweet! It works, I'm messing with it now. I don't believe it worked before.
(04-07-2015, 06:20 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Will, do I now have an account on the wiki in case I need to edit something?
You do have one, I saw it in the recent changes.

Edit: Also, I saw that Will created you a user page, so if you wanna test stuff or mess around with the markup or whatever, your page is here:
http://wiki.lagoonisfun.com/index.php?ti...rinduction
  • A distinct name
  • Adjective + Roller Coaster format everybody uses (white roller coaster, wooden roller coaster, etc.)
  • Describes the ride
(04-07-2015, 06:20 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Will, do I now have an account on the wiki in case I need to edit something? 
PS - I Royally Screwed up the Cannibal Page on Wikipedia, could you fix it?
You could only screw up the Cannibal page if you had an account. Wink You should have received an email confirming your account creation. Smile
(04-07-2015, 06:38 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Sweet! It works, I'm messing with it now. I don't believe it worked before.
I had to activate it. I thought I had posted that I did that, but I guess I didn't.
I applied for an editing account. I wouldn't mind helping.
(04-07-2015, 12:17 PM)Coasters Wrote: I applied for an editing account. I wouldn't mind helping.
I'll activate it when I get home tonight.
(04-07-2015, 11:36 AM)Willenator Wrote: You could only screw up the Cannibal page if you had an account. Wink You should have received an email confirming your account creation. Smile
haha, no account necessary to screw up Wikipedia.

(04-07-2015, 06:20 AM)linearinduction Wrote: PS - I Royally Screwed up the Cannibal Page on Wikipedia, could you fix it?
Sorry, I just noticed you said this, It seems somebody reverted your edits with the reason:
" Edits break the formatting of the infobox. Also, no need to list all involved firms. Discuss on article's talk page if needed"

If you want to make a nice bullet list on a wiki, just add an asterisk to the beginning of each line on the list.

(04-07-2015, 12:17 PM)Coasters Wrote: I applied for an editing account. I wouldn't mind helping.
Sweet!
  • A distinct name
  • Describes the ride
(04-07-2015, 02:56 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: haha, no account necessary to screw up Wikipedia.

Sorry, I just noticed you said this, It seems somebody reverted your edits with the reason:
" Edits break the formatting of the infobox. Also, no need to list all involved firms. Discuss on article's talk page if needed"

If you want to make a nice bullet list on a wiki, just add an asterisk to the beginning of each line on the list.

Sweet!

Ok, Luke, can you change the info box to list the correct and complete stats as were released, I mean, for god sakes they are quoting RCDB as a Fuzzing Source! lol Every Firm should be listed, as each played an important part of Cannibal's Creation. Also, what is a talk page? I also referenced the Bills of Lading for ART Engineering and Actemium.