South Towne Center
Did you hear South Towne Center Mall has been bought!!

Working at the Mall last December and January there were rumors of it being up for sell. We heard that there were interested buyers walking around but no purchase until now. I hope the new owners will bring the mall back to what is used to be.

Heres the Story:

http://fox13now.com/2014/11/03/sandys-so...ew-owners/

Coaster Count: 73
Favorite Wooden: The Beast
Favorite Steel: Maverick
That whole area has the potential to make a lot of money. Food, Entertainment and Services will always be around.

I wonder if moving the Living Planet hurt mall business?

I like the SouthTown mall but I think Malls in general are dying. Malls had a good 30 year run starting in the 80's but most people shop online these days. The GP has access to and is comfortable with the internet. It's funny how people aren't as weary about putting their credit card out there like they used to be (even WITH all of the credit card hacks).
(11-05-2014, 08:52 PM)gregwibert Wrote: That whole area has the potential to make a lot of money. Food, Entertainment and Services will always be around.

I like the SouthTown mall but I think Malls in general are dying. Malls had a good 30 year run starting in the 80's but most people shop online these days. The GP has access to and is comfortable with the internet. It's funny how people aren't as weary about putting their credit card out there like they used to be (even WITH all of the credit card hacks).

What's funny though is that the hacks have been associated with brick and mortar stores rather than on the internet. I think the problem with malls is that people want to experience the feel of being in a city, not a controlled environment. It makes life far more interesting. Contrast Station Park with Layton Hills. You feel locked into Layton Hills, while Station Park feels more open and like a community. There is really no difference between the two from a business/reality standpoint, except that one is enclosed and the other has a road going through it. Perhaps they should just let cars drive through Layton Hills Wink

-Z
Out door malls are the way to go and obviously the trend that malls are taking.
They were gunna do outdoor section but that didnt happen. Fashion Place used to be the dead mall and South Towne was the popular one, but when they did the upgrade it switched. i would think the aquarium would bring people but we will see with the holiday season coming up

Coaster Count: 73
Favorite Wooden: The Beast
Favorite Steel: Maverick
(11-06-2014, 12:49 PM)Z Wrote:
(11-05-2014, 08:52 PM)gregwibert Wrote: That whole area has the potential to make a lot of money. Food, Entertainment and Services will always be around.

What's funny though is that the hacks have been associated with brick and mortar stores rather than on the internet. I think the problem with malls is that people want to experience the feel of being in a city, not a controlled environment. It makes life far more interesting. Contrast Station Park with Layton Hills. You feel locked into Layton Hills, while Station Park feels more open and like a community. There is really no difference between the two from a business/reality standpoint, except that one is enclosed and the other has a road going through it. Perhaps they should just let cars drive through Layton Hills Wink

-Z

Ha ha!!

Maybe golf carts would be a good compromise...lol