Lagoon Recreation
(03-22-2015, 02:53 PM)Marney Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 12:17 PM)cOAstERdUDe Wrote: So how are you gonna portray Cannibal? You'd have to use like 5 different track types just to get close to the shape of cannibal.

I'm thinking of using CTRs for rides that have funky elements like Cannibal or Wicked.Trying to recreate those with RCT3's tools would be too much of a hassle IMO.

Oh ok, cool! So what exactly is/are CTRs?

EDIT: I found out what CTR's are. So are there specific track types you can use to get a more "cannibal" feel?
(03-22-2015, 03:26 PM)cOAstERdUDe Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 02:53 PM)Marney Wrote: I'm thinking of using CTRs for rides that have funky elements like Cannibal or Wicked.Trying to recreate those with RCT3's tools would be too much of a hassle IMO.

Oh ok, cool! So what exactly is/are CTRs?

EDIT: I found out what CTR's are. So are there specific track types you can use to get a more "cannibal" feel?

...Intamin I guess? The process is essentially converting a Nolimits coaster into a flat ride model to achieve a result like so:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1vHNPxafIkQ/Ub...ot0007.jpg
(03-22-2015, 03:40 PM)Marney Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 03:26 PM)cOAstERdUDe Wrote: Oh ok, cool! So what exactly is/are CTRs?

...Intamin I guess? The process is essentially converting a Nolimits coaster into a flat ride model to achieve a result like so:

That's pretty cool. So when you covert it like that does it operate in rct or is it a fixed object?
(03-22-2015, 05:13 PM)Coasters Wrote:
(03-22-2015, 03:40 PM)Marney Wrote: ...Intamin I guess? The process is essentially converting a Nolimits coaster into a flat ride model to achieve a result like so:

That's pretty cool. So when you covert it like that does it operate in rct or is it a fixed object?

It operates.
[Image: XF3fWAJ.png]

Managed to get Roller Coaster in there...I think. I may end up having to use a CT for it as well if I'm not able to build the rest of the park around it the way it is in real life.

I think I got the overall scale down though, measures just over 2500 feet long.
(03-23-2015, 03:38 PM)Marney Wrote: [Image: XF3fWAJ.png]

Managed to get Roller Coaster in there...I think. I may end up having to use a CT for it as well if I'm not able to build the rest of the park around it the way it is in real life.

I think I got the overall scale down though, measures just over 2500 feet long.
Roller Coaster is 62 Feet Tall, Has a Drop of 57 Feet, and is 3,598 Feet Long.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Really? I thought it was 2,500 ft. long. I can't really see how I could add another 1,600 feet to this layout without it looking totally out of proportion.
(03-24-2015, 10:20 AM)Marney Wrote: Really? I thought it was 2,500 ft. long. I can't really see how I could add another 1,600 feet to this layout without it looking totally out of proportion.
Lagoon claims it is only 2,500ft Long, and that is only so if you Measure it from an Satellite Map. The True Track Length is 3,598ft. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-24-2015, 10:33 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 10:20 AM)Marney Wrote: Really? I thought it was 2,500 ft. long. I can't really see how I could add another 1,600 feet to this layout without it looking totally out of proportion.
Lagoon claims it is only 2,500ft Long, and that is only so if you Measure it from an Satellite Map. The True Track Length is 3,598ft. Wink

Wait wait wait.... how is 1098 feet lost in the conversion from satellite length to ... where ever you got 3,598 are they not counting something like... seems a bit off
(03-24-2015, 11:27 PM)Sir_Streq Wrote:
(03-24-2015, 10:33 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon claims it is only 2,500ft Long, and that is only so if you Measure it from an Satellite Map. The True Track Length is 3,598ft. Wink

Wait wait wait.... how is 1098 feet lost in the conversion from satellite length to ... where ever you got 3,598 are they not counting something like... seems a bit off

Satellite would not necessarily account for height changes.