Evermore Park
I saw the Evermore Park exhibit at the FanX section of Comic Con. It looks really impressive, and includes theming that Lagoon lacks. It's being built in Pleasant Grove with plenty of space to explore. It is being marketed as the first true "adventure park". But I predict the normal assortment of Utah sanctioned concerts and art festivals on the premises.
I was especially excited to see a STORY incorporated to the different areas to explore: gardens, village, church, lake, ship, mine...
Eventually the planners will include a second mine as a runaway mine roller coaster.
I was always most impressed with Pioneer Village and not the cheap thrills at Lagoon and the carnival rides are embarrassing. One minor exception is the Tilt a Whirl. Somehow I can't give up a classic... if only Lagoon had an area themed like a rickety rackety old amusement park. This is excluding all the cheapo 1960s rides such as the Rock O Plane and The Scrambler and the 1950s-60s kiddie attractions.
Though I am excited about the in-house roller coasters, I sure hope Lagoon is bright enough to include a flying theme to the new roller coaster, after all it is next to all the other attractions that are lightly themed about flight: The Rocket, Paratrooper (though another ugly carnival ride from the 1960s,) Flying Aces, Air Race, Jet Star... even Game Time looks like an airplane hanger.
Looks like Lagoon missed that obvious opportunity.
Rattlesnake Rapids is the smartest attraction Lagoon has ever thought of. I look forward to riding the new coaster as well as some of their other coasters; but I won't be telling friends about it. I will tell friends about my experience at Evermore.
(05-05-2014, 10:44 PM)Theming Please Wrote: I saw the Evermore Park exhibit at the FanX section of Comic Con. It looks really impressive, and includes theming that Lagoon lacks. It's being built in Pleasant Grove with plenty of space to explore. It is being marketed as the first true "adventure park". But I predict the normal assortment of Utah sanctioned concerts and art festivals on the premises.
I was especially excited to see a STORY incorporated to the different areas to explore: gardens, village, church, lake, ship, mine...
Eventually the planners will include a second mine as a runaway mine roller coaster.
I was always most impressed with Pioneer Village and not the cheap thrills at Lagoon and the carnival rides are embarrassing. One minor exception is the Tilt a Whirl. Somehow I can't give up a classic... if only Lagoon had an area themed like a rickety rackety old amusement park. This is excluding all the cheapo 1960s rides such as the Rock O Plane and The Scrambler and the 1950s-60s kiddie attractions.
Though I am excited about the in-house roller coasters, I sure hope Lagoon is bright enough to include a flying theme to the new roller coaster, after all it is next to all the other attractions that are lightly themed about flight: The Rocket, Paratrooper (though another ugly carnival ride from the 1960s,) Flying Aces, Air Race, Jet Star... even Game Time looks like an airplane hanger.
Looks like Lagoon missed that obvious opportunity.
Rattlesnake Rapids is the smartest attraction Lagoon has ever thought of. I look forward to riding the new coaster as well as some of their other coasters; but I won't be telling friends about it. I will tell friends about my experience at Evermore.

Here is the reason why Evermore will NOT work out in Utah; Utah does not have a population for two parks whatsoever. It is also a huge investment on a park in the middle of nowhere that won't make people flock to it. I believe it will become a flop just like Hard Rock Park did in South Carolina, but even they had a population to keep it running.

Now, I have noticed your very strong opinion about how Lagoon has "old carny rides all throughout the park that need to be replaced with rides that have extensive theming." I do agree with the extensive theming on rides which they have done for many of their rides lately. But you also have to realize this park is over 127 years old. The history at Lagoon is extensive and includes a fire that almost put Lagoon down in the 50's, when that was a big boom for them with how many rides they added because of that fire. Most are still around because they function well and are still popular. Why take them out when they aren't bad rides? The rides are classic, and that's what Lagoon wants to keep while bringing amazing rides in that have amazing themes. The most popular and favorited park of all time still has all these classic rides that Lagoon has with the same classic approach put in many years ago, yet they never get a bad reputation for them. That is Cedar Point. They are in fact PRAISED for keeping many of the classics, even though they are getting rid of classics for rides that lack in theming. *cough* Gatekeeper *cough*

What Lagoon does in theming is exceptional and is on par with many large parks out there. For a ride as small and simple as Red Rock Rally, they did more theming for that ride with the rock wall backdrop than almost any other amusement park out there for a similar kiddie ride. Wicked even has the easy theme of industrial. People don't realize it because they think industrial isn't theming a ride. Yes, they will never be Disney nor will they ever be as big as Cedar Point. So what? For a park the size and budget as Lagoon, you will see what Lagoon does and is doing with their rides and theming is much better than any other park you will find out there, and will see how Lagoon is a great park for what it has and what it gives, and that is a modern amusement park with modern rides and the classics many have grown to love and enjoy. You can never put Lagoon up against any other park out there because it is on a league of it's own. Soapbox

Now, with the two lengthy comments I have given in reply to your comments and then some, I will say I am only wanting you to see that Lagoon is a place that really is high on their game with rides for how long they have been here and how long their rides have been around.
I just checked out evermores web page, it looks very cool open year round and events for like halloween and christmas etc. the theming and special performances and food and alchohol nice too im excited to check it out!
I saw it at Comic Con too. I think it sounds like a good idea. I think they will need to add some rides to help draw some people in. Being down in the area of Thanksgiving point I think rides will be the deciding factor.

I think Utah could support two parks, heck Lagoon needs some competition.
I honestly think its a good idea some competition is a good thing and we also have a fun place to meet up in winter time! As long as keep addin rides and other items and the. 3 restauraunts with alchohol is a big plus it will fill areas lagoon lacks in. I think as long as pricing is competitive they can do very good.
(05-05-2014, 10:44 PM)Theming Please Wrote: I saw the Evermore Park exhibit at the FanX section of Comic Con. It looks really impressive, and includes theming that Lagoon lacks. It's being built in Pleasant Grove with plenty of space to explore. It is being marketed as the first true "adventure park". But I predict the normal assortment of Utah sanctioned concerts and art festivals on the premises.
I'm going to wait and see how this park turns out to judge it, as the only hard number associated with this Project is 20 Million Dollars for Evermore Park and that new Club in SLC. Hard Rock Park was built for 450 Million Dollars with Rides and Attractions from the Best in the Amusement Industry and Failed Twice!

From the Descriptions I've read, this park sounds like the only attractions will be "Motion Simulators" and "Interactive Shows." Sounds like this Project will be a glorified Family Entertainment Center or Chuck E. Cheese filled with "Motion Simulators," which probably will be Glorified 4-D/5-D Theaters. That would put FECs like Boondock's on par with Disneyland. I certainly hope this is not the case.

(05-05-2014, 10:44 PM)Theming Please Wrote: Eventually the planners will include a second mine as a runaway mine roller coaster.
Since you obviously have a Vendetta against Lagoon or are at the very best a FanBoy and the Worst Work for Evermore, I'm going to educate you a little. Lagoon is Celebrating it's 128th Season and according to The National Amusement Park Historical Association (NAPHA), Lagoon is the 16th (tie)/24th Oldest Operating Amusement Park in the WORLD and 6th (tie)/15th (tie) Oldest Operating Amusement Park in the USA. What you call "cheap 1960s" rides are in reality (not virtual reality) Vintage Classic Amusement Park Rides. There are only handful of Everly Aircraft Rock-O-Planes Operating Today and None that are Maintained or Operate and Look as Good as Lagoons. In fact, Everly Aircraft Fly-O-Planes were Originally Built to Train Fighter Pilots for WW2 and the Roll-O-Plane, Loop-O-Plane, and Rock-O-Plane were designed from that. The Everly Aircraft Bulgy the Whale, Allen Herschell Sky Fighter, Allen Herschell Helicopters, and Allen Herschell Tug Boats are pretty Valuable and again, Lagoon has Maintained them Excellently. Allen Herschell is also the "Herschell" in Lagoon's 1893 Herschell-Spillman Carousel and the Carriers on Sky Fighter are made from old WW2 Bombs. In Regards to your "Carnival Rides" Comment, please allow me to educate you in Ride Models. There are Trailer Mounted, Transportable, Semi-Transportable or Base Frame, and Park Mount or Park Model Rides. Carnival Rides are Made up of Trailer Mounted and Transportable Rides. Lagoon Owns only 2 Trailer Mounted Rides (TOTC & Screamer), 4 Semi Transportable Coasters (Jet Star 2, Fire Dragon, Mouse, & Spider), and the Rest are all Park Mount/Park Models. Everly Aircraft never offered Transportable or Trailer Mount Rides, Eli Bridge only Startedoffering Trailer Mounted Scramblers in the Mid 90s, and Larson only began offering Trailer Mounted Tilt-A-Whirls after they bought Seller a few years ago. So how bout we keep the "Cheap Rickety Rackety" Descriptions for Evermore Park, since their "Motion Simulators" won't be coming from a Reputable Manufacturer like Dynamic Attractions, Intamin AG/Inta-Ride, HUSS Park Attractions, etc.

(05-05-2014, 10:44 PM)Theming Please Wrote: Though I am excited about the in-house roller coasters, I sure hope Lagoon is bright enough to include a flying theme to the new roller coaster, after all it is next to all the other attractions that are lightly themed about flight: The Rocket, Paratrooper (though another ugly carnival ride from the 1960s,) Flying Aces, Air Race, Jet Star... even Game Time looks like an airplane hanger. Looks like Lagoon missed that obvious opportunity.
Talk about a missed opportunity, as you obviously missed the fact Lagoon Placed a Modern Day Version (Air Race) next to a Vintage Classic Version (Flying Aces).

(05-05-2014, 10:44 PM)Theming Please Wrote: Rattlesnake Rapids is the smartest attraction Lagoon has ever thought of. I look forward to riding the new coaster as well as some of their other coasters; but I won't be telling friends about it. I will tell friends about my experience at Evermore.
Actually, I'm sure you will come back here and go all FanBoy on us again telling us how Evermore Park is better than Sliced Bread. lol Has Construction or a proposed Opening Date been Announced?
I do like my sliced bread.
Velcro Wrote:I do like my sliced bread.

I also likes me some hot sliced bread! Especially with raspberry jam! Oh yeah Smile
Maybe I'll add a story to my next toast-eating experience. That will make it better. It always does, right?