Regan's Silver Dollar City Season Blog Thread!
Hey everyone! As most of you I know, me and the Family have moved to MO. I'm going to miss Lagoon and the camaraderie of the LIF extended family. I thought it might be fun to do an ongoing thread featuring posts and photos from our trips to Silver Dollar City this season. We grabbed up our passes and have visited twice so far! If you are interested or have been there before, you might enjoy this thread. Here are some quick pics from last week at SDC![Image: tejabyga.jpg][Image: epyreren.jpg][Image: su8y2yte.jpg][Image: a8enuda6.jpg][Image: ajamy9uz.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President, LIF Missouri Chapter, lolHappy
Well, this answers my question...you moved!

Congrats and thanks for the pics! Keep 'em comin' !
Okay, we need a Silver Dollar City LIF day!!
God I hate you Regan! lol Sooo...let's hear what you have to say about the Park and it's Coasters/Rides! Happy
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Is the second photo the main entrance? Seems like a pretty small, narrow entryway if it's just that opening in the wall on the left.
First of all let me set the scene. The park is set in the heart of the Ozark "mountains" which are really just steep hills covered in thick forests and criss crossed with lakes, streams and rivers. The park is nestled in several broad ravines. The many trees provide ample shade. The park is themed as an 1880 Ozark Mtn village, the shops, rides and attractions are all incredibly well themed, bordering on Disney level. In our first two visits we have just scratched the surface, hitting the coasters mainly. While the latest effort, Outlaw Run, gets most of the attention (deservedly so) The looping steel thrills of Wildfire, the g's of Thunderation and the breath stealing launch of Powderkeg make each a world class thrill. I plan on posting to this thread for every visit so I will discuss those and the many other attractions in more detail as I experience them. We are going tomorrow for World Fest, the entertainment and food look tremendous. Speaking of food, this place has hands down the best food of any park I've ever been too! Much more to come, stay tuned!

(04-04-2014, 03:12 PM)Brad-n Wrote: Is the second photo the main entrance? Seems like a pretty small, narrow entryway if it's just that opening in the wall on the left.

The layout is very labyrinthine. Kind of adds to the charm. The main entrance is actually on the other side of that sign. To the right is ticketing. I will take a bunch more photos and post them. Here are a few of Wildfire to tide you over.[Image: 3edubyme.jpg][Image: 7agahy5a.jpg][Image: 7ypa3ysu.jpg]

I agree with Sid: I hate you right now. Happy Tongue
(04-04-2014, 03:26 PM)Regan Wrote: We are going tomorrow for World Fest, the entertainment and food look tremendous. Speaking of food, this place has hands down the best food of any park I've ever been too! Much more to come, stay tuned!
SDC and Dollywood (DollyFOOD) are VERY WELL known for the Food! Two words...CINNAMON BREAD!!!!!! Get pics of the Big Grills with the Cooking Food Regan! Happy

It's kinda interesting they've added panels to the Front Guard of Wildfire...hope no one fell. Tongue
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Starting off the day at Bric's Belgian Waffle House.[Image: 6u7agu2u.jpg][Image: ybyvy2an.jpg]