Accident Closes Twist Coaster Robin (S&S Sensei El Loco) Days after Opening
Twist Coaster Robin, at Yomiuriland in Japan, was closed just a few short days after it's debut when the ride suffered a Mechanical Malfunction. The Incident occurred when a Train with 3 Riders did not Engage the Anit-Rollbacks, Uncoupled from the Lift Chain, and Rolled Down 16 Feet into the Loading Station where it Collided with another Car, No Injuries were Reported. While this ride is an S&S Sensei El Loco Coaster Design, S&S was not Involved in it's Design, Engineering, and Manufacture.

More Info on Themeparkreview.com:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vie...1#p1426941

This El Loco seems to suffer from the same Poor and Rough transitions as seen on El Loco at The Adventuredome in Las Vegas.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-21-2014, 02:51 AM)linearinduction Wrote: While this ride is an S&S Sensei El Loco Coaster Design, S&S was not Involved in it's Design, Engineering, and Manufacture.

How does this work exactly? Is it a knock-off design?
The project was done mostly by the Sensei side of the company. They also did the track for El Loco, so it seems Sensei is starting to hurt S&S with the company merge. Hopefully some new guidelines will be set in place because this is really hurting the S&S name when it's not particularly their fault.
I wish they were still Locally owned. If I had the capital to do it I would.
(03-21-2014, 11:59 AM)RCF Wrote: The project was done mostly by the Sensei side of the company. They also did the track for El Loco, so it seems Sensei is starting to hurt S&S with the company merge. Hopefully some new guidelines will be set in place because this is really hurting the S&S name when it's not particularly their fault.
This is the First Time that something like this has happened, and I believe it is because S&S was not Involved. While Vekoma and Chance Rides/Chance Morgan had a Partnership, Vekoma was still Involved in the Quality Control. Same with Chance Rides and Ronald Bussink for their Giant Wheels. For Sensei Management to completely remove S&S from the Design, Engineering, and Manufacturing was a Bad Decision, and now they are paying for it! I really hope this Manufacturing in China turns out poorly as well!

(03-21-2014, 12:06 PM)Coasters Wrote: I wish they were still Locally owned. If I had the capital to do it I would.
They are still 22% Locally Owned by the Koffman's. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
The merger looked good (at least on paper) in 2012. I didn't realize there were so many "players" involved.

RADNOR, Pa. & LOGAN, Utah & OSAKA, Japan--(Business Wire)--

Larsen MacColl Partners ("LMP"), a private equity fund based in Radnor, PA, has sold a majority stake in its portfolio company, S&S Worldwide, Inc. ("S&S") to Sansei Yusoki Co. Ltd, ("SY").

LMP made its original investment in S&S in 2009 and supported S&S`s subsequent growth with additional financial resources and strategic guidance as S&S rapidly expanded its customer base and product offering in Europe and Asia.

Sansei Yusoki is an Osaka Stock Exchange-listed company operating globally across the elevation equipment, stage equipment and amusement ride sectors. SY announced that its acquisition of S&S will broaden its customer base and product offering and position its amusement rides business for further growth in overseas markets, specifically China, the USA and Europe.

Commenting on the transaction, Rich Allen, President and CEO of S&S, said, "The financial strength of Sansei, coupled with its strong engineering and manufacturing focus, will be a tremendous complement to S&S's patented portfolio and strong sales success."

Brookwood Associates acted as the lead financial advisor to LMP and S&S.
Business Development Asia also advised on the transaction. Miller & Martin, a full-service firm with offices in Atlanta, Chattanooga and Nashville, acted as legal advisors to LMP and S&S.

Tim MacColl, Managing Partner of LMP stated, "Brookwood was a tenacious partner in this process. Their senior attention was evident in positioning S&S to attract the right interest from a global buyer universe, and navigating extremely complex issues in a cross-border context. Brookwood was more than a banker…they were a trusted advisor critical to the success of this transaction."

About Larsen MacColl Partners

Larsen MacColl Partners is a private equity fund based in Radnor, PA. Larsen MacColl invests in profitable and established companies in basic industries with annual sales ranging between $5 and $40 million, and seeks to partner with companies with proven business models, solid management teams and significant growth opportunities. http://www.larsenmaccoll.com

About S&S Worldwide Inc

S&S, located in Logan, Utah, is a leading designer and manufacturer of roller coasters, tower rides and other thrill rides for the global amusement park industry. S&S has installed over 150 amusement rides and coasters in 27 countries and is recognized as a leading engineer of some of the world`s most innovative and thrilling rides. http://www.engineeringexcitement.com

About Sansei Yusoki Co Ltd

Sansei Yusoki is a company engaged in the manufacture and sale of elevation equipment, stage equipment and amusement rides. Along with its subsidiaries, the company operates in two business segments. The Product Manufacturing, Repair and Maintenance segment is engaged in the manufacture and sale of customized facilities such as elevators, escalators, parking devices and revolving restaurants, as well as stage machinery, hanging devices, roller coasters, and fast slides. This segment also offers maintenance and repair services for the products. http://www.sanseiyusoki.com

Larsen MacColl Partners
Tim MacColl, 610-687-5045
tim@larsenmaccoll.com

Copyright Business Wire 2013
By "Elevation Equipment," they mean Elevators and Escalators, if which they are one of the Largest Manufacturers in Japan. Also Omitted by this article is that Sansei is the Largest Supplier for Walt Disney Imagineering and are Responsible for the Ride Hardware featured on:

The Disneyland Resort, California
Toy Story Midway Mania
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Underwater Adventure
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Walt Disney World Resort, Florida
Toy Story Midway Mania
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Underwater Adventure

Disneyland Paris Resort, France

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, China

Tokyo Disneyland Resort, Japan
Toy Story Midway Mania
Raging Spirits

Sansei has also worked on Projects for Universal Creative and Seaworld Parks and Entertainment and as an Asian Fabricator for both Intamin, Vekoma, Zierer, BHS (Maurer), Anton Schwarzkopf Company, and HUSS Park Attractions just to name a Few.

One thing I am Curious about is if Sansei will being selling the Tower Rides on their own to all of the Chinese Parks, since S&S DOMINATES that Market.
Well someone is screwing up somewhere in this company.
(03-24-2014, 01:02 PM)Coasters Wrote: Well someone is screwing up somewhere in this company.
Remove S&S from the Equation with their Quality Control Measures and this is what happens. I think it may be safe to say Sansei shot themselves in the foot and wounded the S&S Product in the process.
Someone should plead with Stan to take the company back. I wish