Haunted Houses are Plagued With Lawsuits?
http://i.imgur.com/svDhHKS.jpg" />
Granted, the Haunted House season is now over, but since I have more free time since the season is done so I don't have to be at Castle Of Chaos every day, I have found myself reading of more and more lawsuits and media frenzies of people getting hurt and/or offended at Haunted Houses. I know last year things like this resulted in Universal Studios HHN's actors not being able to speak anymore.

At COC, we have Hands On Horror and we have strict rules and training on how to touch and move people around properly, still resulting in a few minor cuts and bruises, but never anything where someone has filed a lawsuit because someone didn't like what we were saying. The most recent incident in Utah for a haunted house that I can recall is from Nightmare on 13th when an actor was hospitalized because of injuries he got from a customer, and I don't remember that resulting in any lawsuits. I find it interesting how "Goody Mormonville" Utah has less problems with haunted houses than other places.

Has anyone else noticed this and wonder why people are getting offended and hurt easily outside of Utah Haunted Houses?
Maybe other areas don't have as many haunted attractions as Utah and they don't know what to expect. Without knowing what the other places are, it's hard to say.
Utah has the largest haunted houses per capita in the nation, so that has some things to do about it. You also have to remember that there is a reason that you do not hear a lot about lawsuits with haunted houses, it's because with any business you don't want people to hear about it. Think of it this way, I'm pretty sure that Lagoon is in the middle of some sort of lawsuit all the time, why else would they have some of the best lawyers in Utah. As with the haunt industry, just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

Makes me think about the story I read in the Tribune a couple months back about a therapist complained (on behalf of one of his/her clients) Terror Ride aroused the client with the scantily clad lady on the wooden wheel. smh
(11-07-2013, 06:48 PM)lagoonie67 Wrote: Makes me think about the story I read in the Tribune a couple months back about a therapist complained (on behalf of one of his/her clients) Terror Ride aroused the client with the scantily clad lady on the wooden wheel. smh
Can't really sue over that. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island