Update Photos and Videos Please
(10-24-2013, 11:59 AM)Velcro Wrote: You can post photos from your phone to the forum using the Forum Runner app. Wink
Just what I need....another app! Especially don't want one I have to pay for. lol
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Hi, Sid, Will, and Spence before, thanks for your responses.

1. Rollercoaster Construction

Okay, so Sid, I guess I would be correct if I assumed that "Cannibal (Son of Maverick)" is at least the working title for the new rollercoaster. Thanks for pointing out that the newest pic of it was shot last month. I see that it was on Patriot Day (09/11). I realize now that no, you can't ride SkyScraper to get more shots of that until next year. So I guess that's a pretty good update. However, if one of you were going up again between now and the end of the season (and I hope you are), and since that shot is about a month and a half old now, I wonder if you (whichever one goes back up) would shoot some new pictures from the ground over the fences.

When I was there last year, not only did I see from SkyScraper, but I did notice that you can see some decent stuff from over the fence at Double Thunder Raceway. And then I imagine that you can see some good things through the fence from the north parking "lot" (field) side. Would one or more of you maybe shoot some from there, please?

2. Hearse Signs

I realize that the black, purple, and cream-colored hearses probably look the same as they always have, but when I was at the state fair I saw that the signage details on the black one had been changed a bit. So yes, some of the stuff changes, if even only the signage. So I was wondering if one of you would shoot at least one picture of just the signage on the hearses, so I can see what details might have been changed on that. (I mean the signage on one of the rear passenger doors of each.)

I also noticed that they've added that pinkish hearse this year (via your pictures), but it would be cool to see all angles of it (in case they don't bring that one back next year). Would you be so kind as to please shoot the back and other side of that one too?

3. Children's Art Wall

Would any of you please go notice this request and go over to the wall where they have posted hard-coated pictures (in Kiddieland, right above drinking fountains if I remember right) that young kids have drawn of things from Lagoon (probably things they like about it) and take a wide shot of all of those pictures together, and then some closer ones in about 3-6 or so groups of them (since I think those get changed every year)?

4. New Room at Kids' Haunted House

Photos of this haunted house isn't against the rules, because I've shot those right in front of employees last year and the year before, and there was no trouble whatsoever. Last year they had a new room since 2011, and so I would guess that they might have a new room there this year too (maybe replacing one of the others, of course, since there's only so much room there). So I was wondering if one of you would shoot some pictures (from more than one angle, maybe) of whatever the NEW room at this children-friendly haunted house is, if any. Would anyone please do that too?

5. *Outside, Only* of New Adult Haunted House(?)

Are any of the adult haunted houses new this year? If so, which ones? I saw Funhouse last year, but I can't remember (based on your pictures of this year so far) if the one right next to it was there last year, or if it's new. I know that Lockdown isn't new this year, and if they have that red place up (the farthest south one), then it's not new this year either. It was new in 2011, though. Do you guys know which adult haunted houses are new as of *this year*? And if so, have you shot pictures of its *outsides*? If so, where would I find those?

You guys are so kind for whatever efforts you've already done and would do in the future! I still remember the time we met over at Cowabunga Bay, and that was cool!

Thanks,
Mike
I just want to say that Honestly, I've never been more impressed with the organization of at Post!!!! Honestly and Sincerely! Smile

(10-24-2013, 07:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: Hi, Sid and Will, thanks for your responses.

1. Rollercoaster Construction

Okay, so Sid, I guess I would be correct if I assumed that "Cannibal (Son of Maverick)" is at least the working title for the new rollercoaster. Thanks for pointing out that the newest pic of it was shot last month. I see that it was on Patriot Day (09/11). I realize now that no, you can't ride SkyScraper to get more shots of that until next year. So I guess that's a pretty good update. However, if one of you were going up again between now and the end of the season (and I hope you are), and since that shot is about a month and a half old now, I wonder if you (whichever one goes back up) would shoot some new pictures from the ground over the fences.

When I was there last year, not only did I see from SkyScraper, but I did notice that you can see some decent stuff from over the fence at Double Thunder Raceway. And then I imagine that you can see some good things through the fence from the north parking "lot" (field) side. Would one or more of you maybe shoot some from there, please?
Just to clarify, "Son of Maverick" is the Nick Name a few of us have been using for Cannibal, since it's the Same Colors as Maverick at Cedar Point and will feature many of the Same Inversions and elements, like a beyond 90 Degree Drop. It's hard to get Ground Level Photos of the Construction Site because Lagoon is Raising the Ground by 8 to 10 Feet where the coaster is being built, so the Piles Stick about 6ft Above the Ground. There really isn't anything really to see, but I will try to get some photos this weekend so you can see what I mean. Also, there hasn't been much work except for Caging and Filling more Piles with Concrete, Laying Conduit, and Pouring the Concrete Tunnel Walls, so not much has really changed in over a month.

(10-24-2013, 07:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: 2. Hearse Signs

I realize that the black, purple, and cream-colored hearses probably look the same as they always have, but when I was at the state fair I saw that the signage details on the black one had been changed a bit. So yes, some of the stuff changes, if even only the signage. So I was wondering if one of you would shoot at least one picture of just the signage on the hearses, so I can see what details might have been changed on that. (I mean the signage on one of the rear passenger doors of each.)

I also noticed that they've added that pinkish hearse this year (via your pictures), but it would be cool to see all angles of it (in case they don't bring that one back next year). Would you be so kind as to please shoot the back and other side of that one too?
Derp! I can't believe I didn't understand that you were wanting a photo of the Sides of the Hearses with the 2013 Frightmares! Dates on them. That is the only thing that changes each year. Also, the "Pink" Hearse was repainted Purple several Years ago, so any photos of the Pink Hearse are dated.

(10-24-2013, 07:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: 3. Children's Art Wall

Would any of you please go notice this request and go over to the wall where they have posted hard-coated pictures (in Kiddieland, right above drinking fountains if I remember right) that young kids have drawn of things from Lagoon (probably things they like about it) and take a wide shot of all of those pictures together, and then some closer ones in about 3-6 or so groups of them (since I think those get changed every year)?
The Children's Art Wall hasn't changed from last year and only changes every couple of years I believe.

(10-24-2013, 07:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: 4. New Room at Kids' Haunted House

Photos of this haunted house isn't against the rules, because I've shot those right in front of employees last year and the year before, and there was no trouble whatsoever. Last year they had a new room since 2011, and so I would guess that they might have a new room there this year too (maybe replacing one of the others, of course, since there's only so much room there). So I was wondering if one of you would shoot some pictures (from more than one angle, maybe) of whatever the NEW room at this children-friendly haunted house is, if any. Would anyone please do that too?
I have been through Scary and Crow's and Spookaboo once this year and I haven't for several years, so I don't know what, if anything, has changed.

(10-24-2013, 07:13 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: 5. *Outside, Only* of New Adult Haunted House(?)

Are any of the adult haunted houses new this year? If so, which ones? I saw Funhouse last year, but I can't remember (based on your pictures of this year so far) if the one right next to it was there last year, or if it's new. I know that Lockdown isn't new this year, and if they have that red place up (the farthest south one), then it's not new this year either. It was new in 2011, though. Do you guys know which adult haunted houses are new as of *this year*? And if so, have you shot pictures of its *outsides*? If so, where would I find those?

Thanks,
Mike
I posted a Photo of the "new" Zombie Lockdown Sign and the "Zombie" Signs around the house to the LIF Facebook Page. Otherwise, besides some changes inside, nothing outside of any of the houses has Changed.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(10-24-2013, 03:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Just what I need....another app! Especially don't want one I have to pay for. lol

Happy

I do have some photos that I got last Friday, but I haven't had the time to pull them off my camera's card yet. I did get some shots right next to the trench. Not great ones, but I'm sure some people will enjoy them.
Smile 
(10-24-2013, 09:47 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I just want to say that honestly, I've never been more impressed with the organization of a post!!! Honestly and sincerely! Smile

Hey, Sid, thanks for the compliment! I really appreciate your sincerity and honesty. I'm really sorry for the time when you made a nice, sincere compliment to me like this before--oh, about 2 years ago or so--and I didn't take you seriously. (I did apologize then, too, but I want to reiterate it here now.) But I'm happy that we're way past that now. You know, while you may not seem to smile a whole ton (well, at least based on the little bit that I've seen of you in person), I think you DO have a kind heart and are genuinely nice. Smile Thank you so much for being friendly and helpful to me!

Yeah, I got thinking that maybe I wasn't being quite as clear as I could have been with my list of requests, so I got the idea to number them in order to keep them really noticeable as a certain number of items. Well, I really DO appreciate you for being willing to go back over there and shoot a few things for me, and for the explanations and descriptions that you've given about some of them.

Well, I'll have to say that your postings are pretty organized too, when you interlace parts of the quotation of the person you're responding to with parts of your own responses. I guess that takes a decent bit of effort. Doesn't it? Well, it's copying and pasting stuff around after you've hit "Reply with Quote," but that still seems like it would take a certain amount of extra effort. Right?

Okay, so anyway...

1. Cannibal

Whow! That's an interesting name for an amusement park ride! What does it do, "eat other rides (especially rollercoasters) for dinner"? Hahaha! Hey, how did you guys catch a leak of the name? I realize that you have this cool site here, but still...? Well, is that what motivates them to tell you guys more than... say... just an average Joe like me? And I didn't think customer service would just tell you.... Would they? How do you get to talk to the key people who will leak it out to you?

Yeah, OK, I can appreciate your explanation about the height and things. But based on the aerial photo from SkyScraper last month, I see some areas that haven't been raised and walled up yet (as well as those concrete walls that are already there), so maybe some of those areas would still be reasonably easy to see from a camera that was raised as high as the arms will go while standing by the fences. Yeah, we'll see what you get, and again, thanks! Oh, and will you not only shoot from the Double Thunder side, but the northwest corner area of the parking field? (And maybe check and see if the spaces in the windows from the admission building over there are still covered or not?) Thanks!

2. Hearse Signs

Okay, so yeah, maybe it would be somewhat pointless to take a picture of one of those and post it here or on your Facebook page, then. Yeah, just in case Lagoon went back and uglified those signs in some little way again, let's not have them blared up on this site or your Facebook page, huh? Haha. I noticed one of the changes they went and made on the car that was at the state fair and just wondered if they made the same bad change to the ones on the other cars. Plppth!

Oh YEAH, the image of that pink car looks basically just like the purple one except the color! So yeah, it makes sense that they just painted it. HUH, funny that I never bothered to see Frightmares enough in the earlier years that I even remember noticing that car when it was still pink! But I like the purple they painted it better anyway, so I'm glad they did that.

3. Childrens Art Wall

Okay, so maybe they only switch those out every 2 or more years or so. So I won't ask you to shoot several pictures of groupings of a few of the art pieces at a time. But just for us (especially me, since I won't be there) to be really sure I haven't missed anything, would you maybe take at least the one wide picture of the whole wall?

4. SPOOK A BOO!
(Oh yeah, that's what it's called, DUH! Thanks for recluing me in!)

Humm, OK, too bad you've missed that and Scary and Crow's Straw Maze from previous years. But from what I've seen, not much of them changes, except that what was interesting was that they moved Crow's over to Pioneer Village last year. I see from someone's pictures of it this year that it's over there again. About the only differences besides that would be the shape of the pathway, so I'm not too worried about that.

As for SPOOK A BOO!, I wonder if you wouldn't mind walking by there and just asking one of the character employees if she or he knows which room is the new one (or if any of them is/are new this year), and then if so, getting some pictures of them; but if nothing is new, then no new pictures. Would that be OK?

5. Adult Haunted Houses

OK, so then much of that is the same as the year before and 2011 at least. Well, you didn't talk about that red haunted house on the south end of the line. Is that back this year? Are there any entirely new houses (new name, new theme; the whole thing) this year?

6. Carousel Theater Show (I think)

Do you know if that blue and green show that you guys have one picture of is the same as last year's show there? If it's not, would they be okay with you or someone else shooting a video of it and posting it?

7. Game Time Stage

I bet that's all the pretty-much the same, so I'm not concerned about that. (Right?)

Thanks for all you do to help, and thank you, Velcro, and ...Illusion, etc. for this great site!

Mike
"Maxx Fordham"
OK, thanks, Will. I'm excited to see what you have too.

Hey, Sid, so how did your visit to the big fun place up there go?

Mike
(10-27-2013, 01:45 PM)MaxxFordham Wrote: OK, thanks, Will. I'm excited to see what you have too.

Hey, Sid, so how did your visit to the big fun place up there go?

Mike
Children's Art Wall hasn't changed and the Angel Hearse didn't have the Frightmares! 2013 Schedule in the Windows. Because I didn't get there Early, I just met up with the guys and rode rides, so I didn't have time to take photos of stuff, besides, my camera phone kinda sicks at Night.
Sad 
Hmm... I wish I could just go up there myself.

Did you see my PM?

OK... hmm... thanks, though, Sid. Well, sorry if I sound demanding; I don't mean to be. I am curious, though: How come you guys still didn't think you could take a minute to stop over at Cannibal and take a few pictures over the fences anyway (even if your phone sort of sucks in the dark) like you said you would? What got in your way from being there earlier (just curious)?

Also, does your phone's camera not have a flash, then? Do you have a regular camera (but forgot to take it, or...)?

Which of these guys from here did you go up with? Spence? Will? Others? Anybody else who used a camera? Did Spence happen to mention if he felt put out by anything I've recently said in here?

Did you guys even stop over there long enough to just see if they had brought any of the track parts in? (And if not, why the lack of interest, even though it had been written about on your facebook page like one of you was interested in seeing that update?)

OK, that's cool that you're pretty positive that you can remember that the Children's Art Wall hasn't changed. I don't even remember from year to year. I'd have to compare by looking at my old pictures. How did you remember that it was the same as it was last year? For example, what details did you see on it that stood out in your mind as indicators that none of the art pieces from last year had been swapped out (like noticing which things on which pieces of art that signaled to your memory that they hadn't changed)?

Which car is the "angel hearse"? Which ones are sitting there out at front this year? Did they have all 3 (black, cream, and purple) out on display somewhere (whether inside the park or out in front near the ticket booths)? Where were they parked? Were there any of these 3 that you didn't see? (If so, which ones?)

Also, there are some things that you didn't address in your last response:

And I guess, as far as asking a Spook A Boo character if that house had any different rooms from last year, you just forgot to, right?

Did you ever look over at the south end of the adult haunted house line-up to see if that red one (the one that was new in 2011, whose name I've forgotten) was there this year or if they replaced that with a new one?

Did you guys go over to the Carousel Theater and watch the show there and notice if it was much different from last year's? If so, then did you shoot any video of it?

Thanks for your response. Will you please also check your PMs from me?

Happy Halloween,
Mike
(10-24-2013, 03:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Just what I need....another app! Especially don't want one I have to pay for. lol

Yes, another app, but I'm just trying to help. Now you can use an app that is free! It also simplifies image uploads from a phone. Check out this screenshot from my phone:

[Image: dupe4usa.jpg]

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
Thanks, Will.

So, Sid...

Did I say something that somehow "crossed the line" into a territory that made you not want to answer my last response (even though you have been here and posted other stuff since then)?

How was everybody's Halloween?

Mike