Lagoon, Summer 1984 featuring the Fun House
(08-26-2013, 05:42 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Braden, is the Flying Elephants the Same Ride System as Scalawags? Not like it would be difficult to buy some different carriers to switch it up.

That's something I've been trying to find out for a long time. Scalawags was introduced only four years later, so it seems possible that they might have just wanted to change up the carriers. I can't imagine the whole ride would need replaced after only four seasons.
(08-26-2013, 03:26 PM)Brad-n Wrote:
(08-26-2013, 05:42 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Braden, is the Flying Elephants the Same Ride System as Scalawags? Not like it would be difficult to buy some different carriers to switch it up.

That's something I've been trying to find out for a long time. Scalawags was introduced only four years later, so it seems possible that they might have just wanted to change up the carriers. I can't imagine the whole ride would need replaced after only four seasons.
I'll take a close look at the existing ride, including pics, and see if we can tell from the details. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Sweet! Keep me posted.
(08-27-2013, 12:57 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I'll take a close look at the existing ride, including pics, and see if we can tell from the details. Wink

I've been comparing pictures and it looks like the Flying Elephants carrier is bigger than the elephant on Scalawags. Here's another photo I found that looks about the same size as the old Flying Elephants ride:

Crap! Sorry Braden, I forgot to post the Photo, but Scalawags is a Larger (Diameter) Ride. The Elephant Ride was the same size as Moonraker.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
No problem. So it was definitely a different ride then. From that 1984 picture it looks like the Elephants were in the same location as Scalawags. Does that sound right to you?
(09-15-2013, 11:33 AM)Brad-n Wrote: No problem. So it was definitely a different ride then. From that 1984 picture it looks like the Elephants were in the same location as Scalawags. Does that sound right to you?
Yes, since Puff, Scalawags, Tidal Wave, WK Train, and Former WK Train Grade Crossing Air Gates use/used the Same Air Compressor. Not sure about this, but I heard that at one time Screamer's Air Gates were on the Same Compressor, and is now on Wild Mouse's. Not sure if that is at all accurate. Wink
(09-16-2013, 01:46 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 11:33 AM)Brad-n Wrote: No problem. So it was definitely a different ride then. From that 1984 picture it looks like the Elephants were in the same location as Scalawags. Does that sound right to you?
Yes, since Puff, Scalawags, Tidal Wave, WK Train, and Former WK Train Grade Crossing Air Gates use/used the Same Air Compressor. Not sure about this, but I heard that at one time Screamer's Air Gates were on the Same Compressor, and is now on Wild Mouse's. Not sure if that is at all accurate. Wink

When I worked in that area almost a decade ago. Screamer and Musik were on the same compressor located at Musik.
(09-16-2013, 02:34 PM)Coasters Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 01:46 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Yes, since Puff, Scalawags, Tidal Wave, WK Train, and Former WK Train Grade Crossing Air Gates use/used the Same Air Compressor. Not sure about this, but I heard that at one time Screamer's Air Gates were on the Same Compressor, and is now on Wild Mouse's. Not sure if that is at all accurate. Wink

When I worked in that area almost a decade ago. Screamer and Musik were on the same compressor located at Musik.
Musik Needed a Compressor??? Confused
The big shoe is all closed up now with flowers around it. But back then you could walk through it you could see it had a locked little door inside leading to the interior. Little kids used to say there were elves or something living inside, maybe an old woman with too many children. I imagined beds and a kitchen and maybe a little television inside. You can see the little door in the photo.