Giant Frisbee Thread
(03-20-2013, 12:41 PM)Coasters Wrote: Now a Huss Frisbee is what Lagoon needs. Max Air at CP is awesome!

I think you bring up Lagoon needing a Frisbee ride as much as Sid brings up Cedar Point. Tongue Happy
(03-20-2013, 10:11 PM)Velcro Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 12:41 PM)Coasters Wrote: Now a Huss Frisbee is what Lagoon needs. Max Air at CP is awesome!

I think you bring up Lagoon needing a Frisbee ride as much as Sid brings up Cedar Point. Tongue Happy
That's because we have experienced the joy that is MaXair! lol However, Lagoon will not get a Huss Giant Frisbee due to their Price Tag of 8.5 Million Dollars. I've heard the Zamperla Giant Discoverys come in at right around 5 Million, which explains why they have double the installations as Huss.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-21-2013, 03:02 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 10:11 PM)Velcro Wrote: I think you bring up Lagoon needing a Frisbee ride as much as Sid brings up Cedar Point. Tongue Happy
That's because we have experienced the joy that is MaXair! lol However, Lagoon will not get a Huss Giant Frisbee due to their Price Tag of 8.5 Million Dollars. I've heard the Zamperla Giant Discoverys come in at right around 5 Million, which explains why they have double the installations as Huss.

Judging by the GP's reactions to Kennywood's Black Widow, it would be around 5 million well worth spent!Wink
You'll Never Know Until You Go!
(03-21-2013, 03:47 PM)Trackbender Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 03:02 AM)linearinduction Wrote: That's because we have experienced the joy that is MaXair! lol However, Lagoon will not get a Huss Giant Frisbee due to their Price Tag of 8.5 Million Dollars. I've heard the Zamperla Giant Discoverys come in at right around 5 Million, which explains why they have double the installations as Huss.

Judging by the GP's reactions to Kennywood's Black Widow, it would be around 5 million well worth spent!Wink
Definitely! But I prefer the Compact Footprint of the Huss Models Better, as the Zamperla Models have a 25% Larger Footprint.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(03-22-2013, 06:28 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Definitely! But I prefer the Compact Footprint of the Huss Models Better, as the Zamperla Models have a 25% Larger Footprint.
Zamperla is a much more reliable company than Huss. Huss hasn't came out with anything new for years, and they haven't sold anything for about at least three years besides one or so in small foreign countries. And wasn't the last Huss Giant Frisbee sold around a decade ago?
(03-22-2013, 09:29 PM)RCF Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 06:28 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Definitely! But I prefer the Compact Footprint of the Huss Models Better, as the Zamperla Models have a 25% Larger Footprint.
Zamperla is a much more reliable company than Huss. Huss hasn't came out with anything new for years, and they haven't sold anything for about at least three years besides one or so in small foreign countries. And wasn't the last Huss Giant Frisbee sold around a decade ago?
First of All, it should be stated that Huss Park Attractions GmbH (2006-Present) IS NOT the same Company as Huss Machinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG (1919-2006). Huss Park Attractions purchased the HUSS Catalog after the Bankruptcy in 2006.

Let's See, Since 2009 Huss Park Attractions has installed:
2009:
King Kong, Le Pal, France

2010:
Movie Base Flying Theater, Happy Valley Shanghai, China
Movie Base Flying Theater, Window on the World, Shenzhen, China
Movie Base Flying Theater, Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
King Kong, Dinosaur Park, China

2011:
120 Meter Sky Tower, Happy Valley Wuhan, China
Perfect Storm (Top Spin), Happy Valley Wuhan, China
Giant Frisbee, Happy Valley Wuhan, China
Riptide Rescue (Airboat), Sea World San Diego

2012:
53 Meter Sky Tower, Sea Life Weymouth, Great Britain

2013 (so far):
King Kong Vialand, Turkey
Taxi Themed Break Dance, Unknown, China
Pirate, Unknown, China
Giant Frisbee, Unknown, China
Suspended Top Spin, Unknown, China
Oh lagoon sooooooo needs to get a break dance I've been wanting to ride that since I saw it on YouTube in like 2005
(03-23-2013, 02:24 PM)airracelover Wrote: Oh lagoon sooooooo needs to get a break dance I've been wanting to ride that since I saw it on YouTube in like 2005

Break Dance is a cool ride and there are other variations on that concept by other companies that actually invert riders on different axis points rather than just spin them around like an insane Scambler/Tilt-a-Whirl hybrid....sounds crazy huh? There are so many different rides out there these days. It's hard to keep up.

I'll say that Lagoon adding a Zamperla GIANT Discovery (none of that midi nonsense...it defeats the purpose...duh!) would seem like a total no brainer. Especially over the price difference of the Huss model. Think about it. Lagoon spent 5 million on Bombora (one of the best additions we've seen in years). So it IS realistically in their price range. In the flat ride world, I can't think of a better crowd pleaser offers this level of sensory stimulation....can you?
You'll Never Know Until You Go!
I think it would be like Samurai. Dizzying, horrifying, and crazy. Much like me at Halloween.
Frisbees are an excellent addition to any park. I think a cool idea a park could do it build one over a pond or pool and once loaded the loading platform submerges below the water. I'd say lagoon could do that in their pond but yuck is the only word to describe that. Lol. Because the platforms lower anyway and swinging over water would just add the experience of a Frisbee ride.