Utah Haunted Houses 2012
(09-02-2012, 03:02 PM)mwoods244 Wrote: I have never been too keen of Castle of Chaos haunts. A bit too small and the "hands on" extra is a joke. There's only three rooms where the actors smear blood on you.

The Castle of Chaos haunts are actually one the largest in the state, and all three are longer than Nightmare on 13th. The Hands On option is so many of the actors can touch you. We try to keep the blood interaction to a minimum, for many people do not like getting blood on their clothes, and have been asked for refunds because they got blood on them. The blood is not the main purpose to Hands On. The main purpose is to make every person feel like they are in real danger, by having our actors really "play" with them.
This season i'm planning on going to the frightmares (To see what the new haunted house is about) castle of chaos riverdale (To check out their new haunted house) and if all goes well, I'm gonna try to make it to Asylum 49. That one looks like a blast to me and I've wanted to go for years. I don't understand why people like Haunted Hollow though, when I went there last year I thought frightmares was way better.
(09-03-2012, 06:23 PM)Macintosh Wrote: This season i'm planning on going to the frightmares (To see what the new haunted house is about) castle of chaos riverdale (To check out their new haunted house) and if all goes well, I'm gonna try to make it to Asylum 49. That one looks like a blast to me and I've wanted to go for years. I don't understand why people like Haunted Hollow though, when I went there last year I thought frightmares was way better.

I would suggest getting a trilogy of terror pass online for castle of chaos, where you get one free VIP pass to the haunt of your choice, and also check out the Orem location which is completely new. I also like the new directors that castle has hired for Riverdale and Orem; of course the management staff at all the locations are great this year. Wink
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.

(09-04-2012, 07:48 PM)skwid Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 06:23 PM)Macintosh Wrote: This season i'm planning on going to the frightmares (To see what the new haunted house is about) castle of chaos riverdale (To check out their new haunted house) and if all goes well, I'm gonna try to make it to Asylum 49. That one looks like a blast to me and I've wanted to go for years. I don't understand why people like Haunted Hollow though, when I went there last year I thought frightmares was way better.

I would suggest getting a trilogy of terror pass online for castle of chaos, where you get one free VIP pass to the haunt of your choice, and also check out the Orem location which is completely new. I also like the new directors that castle has hired for Riverdale and Orem; of course the management staff at all the locations are great this year. Wink

Thank you! Happy
Just a reminder, we are currently setting up our website. It will be up and running by January 31st. We have also found a location in SLC. It is over 65,000 Sq ft (Not including the Second level) and will be just under 60,000 sq ft of scares. We have decided to let no one but our crews in the haunt until, we have the city come thru. So, we know it is safe. We are planning on opening in September of next year. Can you go to 13??
(09-05-2012, 06:39 PM)13floorshaunt Wrote: Just a reminder, we are currently setting up our website. It will be up and running by January 31st. We have also found a location in SLC. It is over 65,000 Sq ft (Not including the Second level) and will be just under 60,000 sq ft of scares. We have decided to let no one but our crews in the haunt until, we have the city come thru. So, we know it is safe. We are planning on opening in September of next year. Can you go to 13??

But this thread is for haunts that are already opening this year. (jk) Wink

(09-06-2012, 02:36 PM)skwid Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 06:39 PM)13floorshaunt Wrote: Just a reminder, we are currently setting up our website. It will be up and running by January 31st. We have also found a location in SLC. It is over 65,000 Sq ft (Not including the Second level) and will be just under 60,000 sq ft of scares. We have decided to let no one but our crews in the haunt until, we have the city come thru. So, we know it is safe. We are planning on opening in September of next year. Can you go to 13??

But this thread is for haunts that are already opening this year. (jk) Wink

I was thinking the same thing! LOL!! Laugh
So isn't the Riverdale castle of chaos the largest castle of chaos? Its 140 thousand square feet. If its the largest why isn't it the main haunt? Also, is the screamatouriam only for people who choose to do hands on? Does anyone know?
(09-06-2012, 11:02 PM)Macintosh Wrote: So isn't the Riverdale castle of chaos the largest castle of chaos? Its 140 thousand square feet. If its the largest why isn't it the main haunt? Also, is the screamatouriam only for people who choose to do hands on? Does anyone know?

Size really doesn't matter when it comes to which haunt is the main haunt in the haunt industry. The top management staff resides in Salt Lake, so that is where the main haunt is. For example Rocky Point originated in the Ogden area, but the main haunt was the Salt Lake haunt because the main owner resided there although most magazine shoots were done in Ogden. Wink

The screamatarium is included with your pass which can be used enter 3D, 7 sins, and screamatarium. If you pay for the extra hands-on experience, it will be a more intense experience in the screamatarium. I hope this answers your questions.

I cannot believe this Riverdale haunt is in the old Macy's building. That is HUGE. I never did make it to the Rocky Point in the Ogden Mall location (I was too scared). But I remember being dragged to the original location a few times by my parents when I was younger. The original building burned down and has since been completely removed. The mesa on which the building sat is even being leveled out due to gravel collection.

Steel: Maverick - Cedar Point
Wood: The Voyage - Holiday World