Cost for Admission.....
My place of employment provided discount passes which got the people over 4 in for $37 and under 4 for $28. $37, fine. $28 for a 22 month old child that can't ride 80% or more of the rides in the park seems a little steep. Granted I could have bought tickets, but we were going into Laguna Beach and so I assumed I had to get the full admission so he could go in as well. My kids are all small for their age and I ended up paying $187 total to get my family in to the park and my other kids couldn't ride many of the rides as well (they are 7, 4 and 1). It doesn't make sense to charge based on age and then to find out they they aren't tall enough for the rides they want to go on. It seems like Lagoon should charge based on height and not age. Charge more for people that are tall enough for everything(over 48") and less for people that are shorter. You could enforce this with wristbands and some sort of measurement at the ticket booth for people that are at the cusp of 48".

Sorry for complaining, but I love Lagoon and have been going for 30 years, but this was my first time paying for 5 people and WOW. Sticker shock....
No complaining, it is something people have been asking about for a long time. I've worked in Kiddie land before and it would have been nice if they had measured the kids at the gate and tagged them there so I didn't have to argue with parents later about the height limit. For your one year old they can get on the park for free, and I believe they can ride the merry-go-round, train, and sky scraper for free with a paying adult; as for lagoon-a-beach, I am not sure what the policy is for that.

A little FYI for you, when Lagoon-a-beach first opened it was a separate admission to the water park, and you either paid for a rides pass, water park pass, or both and recieved a wristband for the beach, and a handstamp for the park. It did cause a few problems because peoples handstamps would wash off and we were not suppose to let them ride with a wristband.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(08-08-2012, 11:05 AM)gscavezze Wrote: My place of employment provided discount passes which got the people over 4 in for $37 and under 4 for $28. $37, fine. $28 for a 22 month old child that can't ride 80% or more of the rides in the park seems a little steep. Granted I could have bought tickets, but we were going into Laguna Beach and so I assumed I had to get the full admission so he could go in as well. My kids are all small for their age and I ended up paying $187 total to get my family in to the park and my other kids couldn't ride many of the rides as well (they are 7, 4 and 1). It doesn't make sense to charge based on age and then to find out they they aren't tall enough for the rides they want to go on. It seems like Lagoon should charge based on height and not age. Charge more for people that are tall enough for everything(over 48") and less for people that are shorter. You could enforce this with wristbands and some sort of measurement at the ticket booth for people that are at the cusp of 48".

Sorry for complaining, but I love Lagoon and have been going for 30 years, but this was my first time paying for 5 people and WOW. Sticker shock....

Let me start by saying, Welcome! Smile

My friend, you been HAD...22 months old qualifies for this:

** A child 2 years of age and younger may enter the park and Lagoon-A-Beach at no charge. To participate on rides and special events a TODDLER SINGLE DAY PASSPORT, SEASON PASSPORT, or INDIVIDUAL RIDE TICKETS are required. Individual ride tickets are sold 2 for $1.00, rides vary between 4 to 10 tickets per ride.

http://www.lagoonpark.com/admissions/singleDayPassport

One of our web genius guys (cough-Will-cough) came up with this handy little program. You input your child's height and it'll tell you what they can/can't ride:

http://www.lagoonisfun.com/misc.php?page=can_i_ride

It's nice to do this prior to going to the park so there are no disappointments.

Lastly, I TOTALLY agree that Lagoon should charge by height NOT by age. Also, Season Passes ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO! I haven't purchased a single day pass since 2003...we always go with season passes every year...well worth the money....
That reminds me, I think I need to add Air Race to the list of rides in the Can I Ride program.
That's a great program. I used it with my sister's kids before our family went and they got more excited about the trip knowing what rides they could ride ahead of time.
that at actally cheap , and most theme parks like magic mountain cost about the same. just be glad they dont charge what disney does
Magic mountain, Disneyland and Knotts have more attractions/rides. They can stay open "most" if not "all" of the year which means more annual revenue.

Magic Mountain and Knotts passes aren't much more/if not cheaper with internet promo codes than Lagoon!

Let's take the most expensive park, Disneyland & California Adventure:

A one-park/one-day Disneyland single day pass for ages 10 & up is $87.00. Lagoon charges $44.95. Both prices can be reduced if you look around on the internet for coupon/promo before going to the park.

A Disneyland season pass varies depending on block-out days, etc. The cheapest pass allows 170 days of Disneyland/California Adventure per year. It costs $269.00. Cost per day: $1.58.

Lagoon operating days:
march 1
apil 9
may 9
june 29
july 31
august 30
september 13
oct 15

total 2012 137

Season pass purchased Jan 10th-June 3rd: $102.95 per person. Or $92.95 if bought in groups of 4 or more. Cost per day: $0.75.

Also keep in mind, Lagoon has partial open days during Frightmares. Disneyland is open full days/later than Lagoon. Disneyland also has fireworks (lol!)

This would be more accurate if we took total operating hours per park...I think going hour-per-hour would only make Disneyland/California Adventure even more attractive/affordable.

If I lived in California, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Disneyland/California Adventure Season Pass for each member of my family. It's really not much more expensive than a Lagoon pass, considering how much more they offer and how many extra days I can attend each year.

My kids also burn-out on Lagoon toward August. I can't hardly DRAG them to the park. I wonder if Disneyland/California Adventure has enough to keep them engaged per year than Lagoon??
Lagoon's Admission Policies are no different than 99% of ALL other parks in the Country. Smile
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Is this program an app. Will.
(11-01-2012, 07:38 AM)Coasters Wrote: Is this program an app. Will.

It's not unfortunately, but the Can I Ride page works on any mobile web device that uses JavaScript. I guess it's time I start tinkering with app programming because that would make a neat little app for families heading to Lagoon.