will lagoon bring back the fun house
Yesterday I bought a drink at the concessions booth that stands where the entrance to the old fun house used to be and couldn't help but lament it's closure many years ago.

I had read somewhere that none of the Fun House features (turning tunnel, logs, mirrors, slide, etc.) had ever really been removed, but were all still there somewhere behind the concession stand areas. The lady at the concessions counter yesterday confirmed this, but I kept my queries short and sweet because there were others behind me in line.

Has anybody been back there recently? Has everything been left where it was or has it all been moved to some back room? I'm picturing the room as it was (seems like it was all one big room), with its old slides and mirrors gathering dust in the dark. When somebody does turn on the lights, it's that dim, yellowy light that I remember as a kid.

The fun house was one of my favorite Lagoon attractions. I must have been 10 or so when it closed, so my memories are somewhat distant, but still vivid.

If anybody has seen it, please paint a picture of what that room looks like now.
Well, The slide that was in the fun house is still there. I know this because my cousin worked in the stand where the fun house is now and took pics and showed them to me.
The last time I was in the old fun house building, it was over 10 years ago. They have really changed some things since then, so I do not know how much the inside of the building has changed. Lagoon used to store some of the Frightmares props in there. I believe they are all stored in trailers now. I was asked to help organize the props one year, and it was a lot of fun seeing inside the old fun house. I remember seeing the old entrance obstacles still in place. With the food stand there now, they are most likely gone. The upper part of the slides were still in place, but the lower parts of them had been removed to make room for the expanded Safety and Security offices. I do not remember much else of what was left.

Hackenslash, would you be able to get those pictures again? I would love to see them.
(07-25-2010, 03:53 PM)Velcro Wrote: The last time I was in the old fun house building, it was over 10 years ago. They have really changed some things since then, so I do not know how much the inside of the building has changed. Lagoon used to store some of the Frightmares props in there. I believe they are all stored in trailers now. I was asked to help organize the props one year, and it was a lot of fun seeing inside the old fun house. I remember seeing the old entrance obstacles still in place. With the food stand there now, they are most likely gone. The upper part of the slides were still in place, but the lower parts of them had been removed to make room for the expanded Safety and Security offices. I do not remember much else of what was left.

Hackenslash, would you be able to get those pictures again? I would love to see them.
My Photos of the Fun House from 2002 are around somewhere. I saw what you saw Will, with the addition of the "Roller Ramp" and Barrel Entrance. The only element of the Fun House that remains currently are the upper portions of the Slides.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I wonder what happened to the ride in there and the turn table. I'd love to see some pictures of both how it was and what is now if anyone can post some.
(07-25-2010, 03:53 PM)Velcro Wrote: The last time I was in the old fun house building, it was over 10 years ago. They have really changed some things since then, so I do not know how much the inside of the building has changed. Lagoon used to store some of the Frightmares props in there. I believe they are all stored in trailers now. I was asked to help organize the props one year, and it was a lot of fun seeing inside the old fun house. I remember seeing the old entrance obstacles still in place. With the food stand there now, they are most likely gone. The upper part of the slides were still in place, but the lower parts of them had been removed to make room for the expanded Safety and Security offices. I do not remember much else of what was left.

They weren't real pics they were just on her phone. Who knows where they are now.
I got some pics of the slide.
(07-25-2010, 11:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: My Photos of the Fun House from 2002 are around somewhere. I saw what you saw Will, with the addition of the "Roller Ramp" and Barrel Entrance. The only element of the Fun House that remains currently are the upper portions of the Slides.

I'd love to see your photos too!!

(07-26-2010, 12:46 PM)Hackenslash Wrote: I got some pics of the slide.

Sweet. Can you upload them?
(07-26-2010, 02:05 PM)Velcro Wrote:
(07-25-2010, 11:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: My Photos of the Fun House from 2002 are around somewhere. I saw what you saw Will, with the addition of the "Roller Ramp" and Barrel Entrance. The only element of the Fun House that remains currently are the upper portions of the Slides.

I'd love to see your photos too!!

(07-26-2010, 12:46 PM)Hackenslash Wrote: I got some pics of the slide.

Sweet. Can you upload them?

Yeah I tried, But once again I am having trouble.
Send me a PM and I will help you figure it out. Smile