13 Floors of Hell: New Utah Haunted House!!
I am opening up my own professional haunted house in Salt Lake. I am curious to know what scares you. What would you want to see in a haunted house? Any submissions we use the person that gave us that idea will get 5 free tickets.
I really enjoy being part of the experience by like helping solve a mystery with finding clues and then being able to win prizes is nice like at castle of chaos also the more actors the better trying to scare u is good. Also the scenes from like friday the 13th and texas chainsaw massacare is awesome with the characters dressed up!!!
(12-20-2011, 09:53 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote: I am oprning up my own professional haunted house in Salt Lake. I am curious to know what scares you. What would you want to see in a haunted house? Any submissions we use the person the gave us that idea will get 5 free tickets.

You could go to the place where they discard electrical cords and take a lot of them to build a room completely covered with them. This leaves tons of room for good scares.
For some reason, I really think a mirror maze would be awesome. I'm closterphobic (Spelling?) so when I feel like I'm in a maze with no way out I get really scared. Also, chainsaws at the end are the classic scare, but I think it would be scary to have a air cannon at the end also and be sprayed with air while exiting the haunt. I would also include some of the horror movie gags. That attracts alot of people.
Thank you guys. You all have great ideas that I am going to use so, Ill give you all free tickets to opening night. We dont have an official opening day yet, but when we figure it out Ill give a voucher to come opening night only. You guys will also receive some VIP treatmant. Thanks for your help.
(12-21-2011, 04:33 PM)Macintosh Wrote: For some reason, I really think a mirror maze would be awesome. I'm closterphobic (Spelling?) so when I feel like I'm in a maze with no way out I get really scared. Also, chainsaws at the end are the classic scare, but I think it would be scary to have a air cannon at the end also and be sprayed with air while exiting the haunt. I would also include some of the horror movie gags. That attracts alot of people.

The Amsterdam dungeon, the london dungeon, and the Hamburg Dungeon all feature mirror mazes. In the mirror mazes, they use excellent mirror tinting to hide a hidden window that lights up and the animatronic inside scares everyone. In the Castle Dungeon at Worchester Castle, the mirror maze is neverending because there is no way out. Once you go in and everyone is out of sight, the employees close the entrance that looks just like a mirror. For 20 minutes, we were all freaking out inside the mirror maze, until someone opened an exit. It was pretty scary. None of Europe's dungeons are very "scary," but are very interactive and unique.

False exits and hidden corridors are always scary, but you could always try the idea I made up for my backyard haunted house called the "chicken coop." Basically it is an exit for people who are too scared to go any further... but wait, that's not all. Once they go through, it is a short distance to a locked gate with bars that are right next to the entrance or exit- so people who aren't on the spook alley can laugh at all the people struggling to get out and who were too scared. They will have to backtrack and go through the whole thing since they can't get out of the locked gate. To make it even more funny, you could put a sign above the spectator's point of view that says, "Don't feed the Chickens!"

I'll post more ideas soon. I just have to think for a minute. Shades
Okay Invisible Ink you get 10 free tickets to opening night. Thanks again for all the good suggestions
(12-21-2011, 09:27 PM)Jazzman96 Wrote: Okay Invisible Ink you get 10 free tickets to opening night. Thanks again for all the good suggestions
Ummm, I helped set up Pharaoh's Kingdom: 3D, Toxic Tunnel of Terror, and Undertaker U: The U R Dade School of Mortuary Sciences at Cedar Point? So there's lots of stuff I could tell you. Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Jazzman, just wondering what haunted house experience you have? Starting a haunted house in Utah is difficult, and it deals with more than just slapping some rooms up and calling it good. Wink
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

I have done a haunted house before, never in utah but, I have talked to the city and state on their regulations. Things like how many smoke detecters, Exit signs, Exits etc... To have. I have no doubt in mind I can again open and run a successful haunted house. Linearinduction, I would love to hear some of your ideas and see how you can help run another successful haunted house.