Air Race Discussion Thread
Lagoon has Officially Announced at last that Air Race is flying into Lagoon for 2012. Air Race Thrill Ride from Zamperla Rides of Italy. Air Race will be Located right next to Jet Star 2 and Flying Aces.

[Image: email_logo.png]
Photo Courtesy Lagoon Park

[Image: AirRace.jpg]
Photo Courtesy IAAPA

[Image: airracemap.png]
Screenshot of Lagoon's 2012 Park Map

Ride Facts -
Name: Air Race
Manufacturer: Antonio Zamperla S.p.A. Italy
Type: Air Race 6.4
Model: Park Model
Cost: 2.5 Million Dollars
Riders: 24
Riders Per Hour: 440
Minimum Height Requirement: 48"
Height: 41' 98"
Footprint: 86' 92" x 86' 92"
LagoonisFun Ride Rating: 5 - Aggressive Thrill
Description:
Air Race takes riders on an amazing journey which replicates the experiences and sensations of an acrobatic aeroplane flight, with banks, loops, dives and weightlessness that will test even the most experienced thrill seekers. Accommodating up to 24 riders at one time in six, four-seater aeroplanes, the new thriller combines an 6 rpm central ride rotation motion with a motor driven arm rotation that allows for the various movements experienced by riders. The action takes place up to 8m above the ground and ‘pilots’ experience accelerations of 3G, right side up and upside down.

[Image: thumb_img_8511.jpg]
Photo Courtesy Theme Park Review User: kirkf1tz

Air Race On-Ride Front Seat (HD POV) Lagoon Park

Air Race On-Ride Back Seat (HD POV) Lagoon Park

Air Race Off-Ride (HD) Lagoon Park

More Information:
Zamperla.com:
Zamperla Air Race from Zamperla.com

Park World Magazine Article on the Air Race from Zamperla:
Zamperla Air Race

Updated 04/07/12
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I was wondering if there was an on-ride video, but didn't bother to look. Unsure

I think it's a great choice and fits well with the area. It kind of seems like a milder alternative to Samurai, but something more people will enjoy I think.
An air race ride next to Flying Aces? Interesting. We shall nickname the area the Lagoon International Airport. Happy
YES! YES! YES!
Woohoo Thumbs Up! Cheer Banana Yay Spinning Chair Party Twirling Ribbons Rock On
I can't wait for next year!
You'll Never Know Until You Go!
The ride looks cool, but wouldn't be my first choice. I think they should really look into a Frisbee type ride, prefferably Huss, but any company would be good.
Are those arms user manipulated? What determines their motion? Seems to be too random to be part of the ride cycle.

EDIT

If lagoon is getting (very well near confirmed) one ride from zamperla, why couldn't the other (also rumored) ride be from them too? Like the Zamperla Giant discovery? HERE
(10-18-2011, 04:17 PM)That Wyoming Kid Wrote: Are those arms user manipulated? What determines their motion? Seems to be too random to be part of the ride cycle.

EDIT

If lagoon is getting (very well near confirmed) one ride from zamperla, why couldn't the other (also rumored) ride be from them too? Like the Zamperla Giant discovery? HERE

I noticed LUNA Park has the Midi Discovery (a "tweener" version)...they also have an Air Race as shown in the above youtube.com video.

Midi Discovery
(10-18-2011, 04:17 PM)That Wyoming Kid Wrote: Are those arms user manipulated? What determines their motion? Seems to be too random to be part of the ride cycle.

EDIT

The Rotation of the Arms is Part of the Ride Program. Wink

(10-18-2011, 08:01 PM)gregwibert Wrote:

EDIT

I noticed LUNA Park has the Midi Discovery (a "tweener" version)...they also have an Air Race as shown in the above youtube.com video.

Midi Discovery
The Rumor about 2 New Rides for 2012 was False and we just allowed it to snowball for the fun of it. Wink The Zamperla Air Race will be the only new addition for 2012 ride wise. Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
There goes Psycho Daves. Frown The new ride sounds awesome but now what are they going to do with all that junk? Laugh
(10-22-2011, 09:53 AM)Invisible Ink Wrote: There goes Psycho Daves. Frown The new ride sounds awesome but now what are they going to do with all that junk? Laugh

Haha! I don't know why they can't just put the gorilla back in Terroride. It clearly operates just fine and isn't that part of Terroride just pitch black now?

Maybe they'll put something in place of Top Eliminator if they don't begin building anything there right away.