September 2011 Potluck
Exclamation 
http://www.lagoonisfun.com/png/potluck.png" />
The date of this potluck has changed from the original planned date. Please note the new date and make any changes to your plans. Sorry for any inconvenience.

One month from today will be the September 2011 Lagoon Is Fun Potluck. Use this thread to discuss plans for the next potluck. Here are the details:

When: September 17, 2011
Where: Bridger Terrace @ Lagoon
Meal: Nachos

In the past, we have usually provided the cheese and the chips for this, but I think I want to change that this year. John already talked to me about bringing his 3-pot Crock-Pot and having some cheese and meat. I was thinking of making up some cheese as well unless someone else has a really good nacho cheese recipe they would like to mix up. Sid's family has the funnel cakes as usual. So, I was hoping everyone else would be okay with bring a bag of your favorite chips for nachos and a topping you would like. I think that would work out real well.

I invite everyone to use this thread to coordinate toppings and anything else. I always have a hard time thinking of toppings for nachos because I never put anything on mine other than cheese. Happy Maybe we can make a list and work together to bring a good variety of toppings.

If you have questions or concerns, please reply and bring them up!

Thanks!
We can bring home made salsa Smile
Oh that would be awesome! I love home-made salsa.
I will bring some meat, cheese, and beans. I think that if we had some lettuce then some people could make taco salads if they want.
What are we doing for dinner?
Oh that's a good idea. I think I can bring some lettuce. I'll talk to Karena and see if she is okay with that. I was also thinking of bringing enough chips to share with a few people in the event that a few people forget to bring their own chips.

John, should I bring some cheese as well, or do you think we will have enough with just yours?
i think i might actually be able to make this one . wife had our baby about a week ago and she might be healthy enough to go. we havent been able to go to lagoon at all yet this year
(08-17-2011, 10:25 PM)idcoasterfreak Wrote: i think i might actually be able to make this one . wife had our baby about a week ago and she might be healthy enough to go. we havent been able to go to lagoon at all yet this year

THAT is a major bummer.... (BTW, congrats on the baby, man!)
Now that I am thinking of it I think I will just bring meat and two pots of cheese. That will be enough I think.
Okay. If you think that will be enough, then I will focus on some lettuce and a few other toppings. I will also bring a bag of chips and another bag to share with someone that might need it. Smile
Don't start with the potluck stress this early in the game. Frown