August 2011 Potluck
Thumbs Up 
http://www.lagoonisfun.com/png/potluck.png" />
This thread is for discussing the August 2011 Lagoon Is Fun Potluck at Lagoon.

When: August 8th
Where: Juniper Terrace
Main Dish: Homemade Pizza!

Okay folks, this is the big one! Coming up is our annual homemade pizza potluck on August 8th! If you haven't been to a potluck yet this year, do not miss this one! Here's how this one works. The Lagoon Is Fun Staff will provide the pizza crust, sauce, and cheese. Everyone else needs to bring the toppings they want on their pizzas and any additional side dishes.

To make sure we have enough pizza for everyone, you must sign up to attend this event. Simply add yourself to our sign-up sheet by clicking the sign-up button.

If everyone is okay with it, I would like to use the same schedule we have followed for the last three potlucks:
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Pizza time
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Funnel cake time
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM - Group ride time
The next potluck is now less than a week away, and this is our big pizza potluck! I hope everyone has made sure to sign up if you plan to attend. Even if you normally attend every potluck, I ask that you still sign up because it helps give us an idea on the amount of people who plan to attend.

Just a reminder to all attendees. This is a "bring your own toppings" type of pizza potluck. If you want something on your pizza other than cheese and sauce, then you need to bring what you want on it! Smile

LIF Chef, what do you need help on? Is there something that I can make or buy to help with the pizzas? Sid & Fam, do we have everything for the funnel cakes or is there something you might need help with? Do we have plenty of supplies? Everyone has been kind of quiet in regards to the upcoming potluck, so I just want to make sure so we don't end up like the animation below when we discover we are missing something.

OMG

Also, is everyone okay with the planned times outlined in the first post? If not, please speak up now so we can make any necessary adjustments. Also, I think we should have some fun in the evening and fill up a ride with Lagoon Is Fun people. Anyone have a suggestion?

Finally, my wife and I will probably not get to the park until later in the afternoon. I'm going to shoot for 3:00 PM. I felt bad dragging her to the park without any sleep last time, so I promised her she could get some sleep after work before we head to the park.

Please let me know if any of you have any questions or concerns about the next potluck. Thanks!
Count me in. I've been looking forward to having a Lagoon Is Funnel Cake for a long time!

To Kyle: I'm glad to hear that you will be making it to this one!

To everyone else:

I will be doing my shopping for the potluck later today. Since no one has responded to my post about needing help for the main dish or the funnel cakes, I will go ahead and purchase a few things for the Potluck that I think we might need. No one has signed up to bring cheese for the pizzas, so I think that might be what I will bring. We can't have pizzas without the cheese! lol

If anyone thinks of anything else that we might need, please post it before 5:00 PM today, and I will try to get it. Smile

I hope to see lots of you on Monday!
(08-05-2011, 12:20 AM)Velcro Wrote: To Kyle: I'm glad to hear that you will be making it to this one!

To everyone else:

I will be doing my shopping for the potluck later today. Since no one has responded to my post about needing help for the main dish or the funnel cakes, I will go ahead and purchase a few things for the Potluck that I think we might need. No one has signed up to bring cheese for the pizzas, so I think that might be what I will bring. We can't have pizzas without the cheese! lol

If anyone thinks of anything else that we might need, please post it before 5:00 PM today, and I will try to get it. Smile

I hope to see lots of you on Monday!

Agreed! We can't have pizza without cheese! We could bring cheese as well? Please let me know what you'd like us to bring Happy
Greg, do you want to split the cheese with me? John says we need 8 - 10 pounds of cheese for this, so I am thinking we could each bring 5 pounds. If that works for you let me know. Smile
(08-06-2011, 01:10 AM)Velcro Wrote: Greg, do you want to split the cheese with me? John says we need 8 - 10 pounds of cheese for this, so I am thinking we could each bring 5 pounds. If that works for you let me know. Smile

Sure! Mozzarella?
Yep! Mozzarella! Happy

Here is a list of those who have signed up and the estimated group size:

Deathbyillusion
Funseeker
gregwibert
Harvy
Kyle
LIF Chef
linearinduction
Trackbender
Velcro

Estimated count: 46 (as of 4:00 PM on 8/6/2011)

Remember, signing up prior to the event ensures we have enough pizza crusts and funnel cake dough to serve everyone. You can notify us that you are planning on attending by adding your name to the sign up sheet if you are a registered member of the Lagoon Is Fun Forum, or you can pos on our Facebook page and tell us how many will be in your group.
Sorry, busy life this week.

I am planning on at least 50 folks. I am going to make 18-20 crusts. I like the schedule we have been keeping and think that we will start some pizza about 30 min prior to the scheduled time so that some people can eat before the rush.

We should play some bingo during dinner.
What are we doing for dinner?
I have plenty of bingo cards, and Karena is picking up some small prizes.