Pioneer Village Green
Brad-n mentioned in another post that Lagoon used to hold concerts on the Pioneer Village Green, and I am happy to see Lagoon use that area again for the Cirque Innosta show this week. I remember telling my wife a few years back that Lagoon should put some type of entertainment in that area because it is such a good location for a show. This was I heard about that concerts they used to do there.

I wish Lagoon would seriously consider putting something more permanent in that location featuring some type of entertainment. Maybe offer a place for local bands to play. It doesn't even have to cost Lagoon more than maintaining a stage. Just allow them to sell their own CD's and other merchandise. I'm sure there are some groups that would just love to play in order to boost recognition. I think it would be awesome to see a Bluegrass band play in that area.

I'm sure there are other entertainment venues that Lagoon could place in that area. What would the rest of you like to see in that area?
I think it would be a great idea to have entertainment there. It would be nice to hear live music while eating at the Old Mill. But I think they should keep it relevant to the area like bluegrass as you mentioned. It would be weird to be walking through the buildings with some Justin Bieber wannabe shrieking in the background. The Village Green always featured country musicians from what I've found. Even if Lagoon did their own country-style show there it would add to the atmosphere and maybe liven the place up a little.
They really should do the shoot out again. People guns aren't bad. Just sayin
(02-21-2014, 05:45 PM)Coasters Wrote: They really should do the shoot out again. People guns aren't bad. Just sayin

The shoot out was gone / I never saw it. I also never saw the fun house. I REALLY would have liked to experience both of those (and a few other features Lagoon used to have...) Rolleyes
I only barely remember fun house, do miss it tho
(02-22-2014, 10:34 AM)Slick Wrote: I only barely remember fun house, do miss it tho
After working the fun house, I really don't miss it, just sayin'
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

It was related to me by park goers from that era that the fun house was fun and dangerous. I bet it became a liability for all concerned.
Also just sayin'.
Cheers,
M
(02-22-2014, 03:06 PM)M Wrote: It was related to me by park goers from that era that the fun house was fun and dangerous. I bet it became a liability for all concerned.
Also just sayin'.
Cheers,
M

It was a little dangerous considering the rollers and other items that could twist an ankle on the stage. My main issue with the fun house was it was nothing but a babysitting service for irresponsible parents who would drop their kids off to play in the ball pit and jump house until they got back from doing what they wanted to do. Personally I made sure to keep them responsible by calling security as soon as the parent left and reporting the kid as a lost child because their parents were not around; always chuckled a little when I sent them to security to pick up their kids when they couldn't find them when they came back.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

skwid Wrote:It was a little dangerous considering the rollers and other items that could twist an ankle on the stage. My main issue with the fun house was it was nothing but a babysitting service for irresponsible parents who would drop their kids off to play in the ball pit and jump house until they got back from doing what they wanted to do. Personally I made sure to keep them responsible by calling security as soon as the parent left and reporting the kid as a lost child because their parents were not around; always chuckled a little when I sent them to security to pick up their kids when they couldn't find them when they came back.

THAT is Hilarious!!! Smile
(02-22-2014, 09:18 PM)skwid Wrote:
(02-22-2014, 03:06 PM)M Wrote: It was related to me by park goers from that era that the fun house was fun and dangerous. I bet it became a liability for all concerned.
Also just sayin'.
Cheers,
M

It was a little dangerous considering the rollers and other items that could twist an ankle on the stage. My main issue with the fun house was it was nothing but a babysitting service for irresponsible parents who would drop their kids off to play in the ball pit and jump house until they got back from doing what they wanted to do. Personally I made sure to keep them responsible by calling security as soon as the parent left and reporting the kid as a lost child because their parents were not around; always chuckled a little when I sent them to security to pick up their kids when they couldn't find them when they came back.

(02-22-2014, 10:17 PM)gregwibert Wrote:
skwid Wrote:It was a little dangerous considering the rollers and other items that could twist an ankle on the stage. My main issue with the fun house was it was nothing but a babysitting service for irresponsible parents who would drop their kids off to play in the ball pit and jump house until they got back from doing what they wanted to do. Personally I made sure to keep them responsible by calling security as soon as the parent left and reporting the kid as a lost child because their parents were not around; always chuckled a little when I sent them to security to pick up their kids when they couldn't find them when they came back.

THAT is Hilarious!!! Smile

LOL! Awesome!