July 2011 Potluck Discussion
I'll be at Lucky Duck.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
Just a quick cover of how we are looking for the potluck. As of right now we are looking at 40 people who have signed up for the event. I know a few people who are attending that have not signed up, so I would put estimates at 50 - 60 people joining us on Monday. This should be a good turnout.

Here is what people have listed as items they are bringing:
  • Water
  • Diced Tomatoes
  • Chips
  • Blueberries for funnel cakes
  • Meat
  • Cheese
  • Beans
  • Lettuce
  • Sour Creme
  • Potato Salad

If there is a topping you want on your Navajo Tacos, please bring it! You can get an idea of the toppings that will be available using the above list.

Here is a rundown of the schedule:

Park opening - 4:00 PM: Play your way. Plenty of people will be running around enjoying the rides, games, and beach. If you want to hang out with a group, I am sure you can find one. When in doubt, check the terrace. Smile
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Mealtime & Bingo. There won't be anything fancy to win during bingo. We just want to have some fun and provide an activity during the meal.
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: More play your way time & for some of us, meal recovery hour. Happy
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Lagoon Is Funnel Cakes courtesy of Sid & Fam. Make sure you don't fill up during the meal, so you can have room for desert.
7:00 Pm - 7:30 PM: Terrace cleanup.
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM: Group ride time. Meet at terrace if you plan to participate! We will determine what rides to ride as a group. Come prepared with ride suggestions, so we do not stand around trying to decide what to do. I realize how fun that is, but you must fight the temptation to stand around. Tongue

Remember, we have the Birch Terrace reserved all day for Lagoon Is Fun users, their friends, and their family!

If I've left anything out, please let me know!!
Are y'all getting a group discOunt for this event? We are visit from Arkansas. I think it would be fun to join y'all.
We do not get a discount for this. Most of us have season passports or use some other method to get a discount when we go.
Just to Clarify a few things, we need Hamburger, Chili, Shredded Cheese, and Salsa. Smile
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-15-2011, 10:30 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Just to Clarify a few things, we need Hamburger, Chili, Shredded Cheese, and Salsa. Smile

I am bringing the hamburger, melted cheese, and beans. I have the 3 hole crockpot and those things are going to be warm. Smile
What are we doing for dinner?
(07-15-2011, 10:30 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Just to Clarify a few things, we need Hamburger, Chili, Shredded Cheese, and Salsa. Smile

Thanks for letting us know just 2 days before the potluck! Tongue lol
We are going to crash this party!! We're brining some pineapple and a ham/macaroni/pineapple salad. I used to have season passes many moons ago when I was just a wee one. How many are we expecting?
About 60 folks I think. Did you find a discount that was good? If you know someone with season passes there is a coupon for about $10 or $12 off a day pass in the season passport coupons.
What are we doing for dinner?
(07-16-2011, 09:02 AM)LIF Chef Wrote:
I am bringing the hamburger, melted cheese, and beans. I have the 3 hole crockpot and those things are going to be warm. Smile

So that leaves just the salsa then? I'll send Hartman a message and see if he will bring that since he hasn't decided what to bring.