July Potluck Possible Date Change
Question 
Sid's family forgot the potluck dates when planning a trip in July, and their trip ends on the day that we planned to have our July Potluck. Because of this, I am considering pushing the potluck date back a couple of days or even to the following Monday, but I do not want to make the change if this will affect others. I know that some of you may have already requested the day off of work or made plans to make sure that you can make it to the July potluck. If a change in the date will cause issues for you, please respond and let me know.

Thanks!
I think we need to make the change. It will not affect me as there is plenty of time for me to change my day off. So here is one vote for a change.

I am OK with it being a week on either side of the planned date. Its the end of the month that is bad for me.

Remember folks that there will not be any funnel cakes or any of the other numerous things that Sid's family brings if they are not there. Besides who will yell at me about recycling and such.
What are we doing for dinner?
(06-10-2011, 07:18 PM)Velcro Wrote: Sid's family forgot the potluck dates when planning a trip in July, and their trip ends on the day that we planned to have our July Potluck. Because of this, I am considering pushing the potluck date back a couple of days or even to the following Monday, but I do not want to make the change if this will affect others. I know that some of you may have already requested the day off of work or made plans to make sure that you can make it to the July potluck. If a change in the date will cause issues for you, please respond and let me know.

Thanks!

Deathbyillusion and I are ok with the change in date.
It just wouldn't be the same without Sid's family. Frown Besides it would be well worth the wait for the funnel cakes! When ever everyone decides, is all good with me.
You'll Never Know Until You Go!
(06-10-2011, 07:18 PM)Velcro Wrote: Sid's family forgot the potluck dates when planning a trip in July, and their trip ends on the day that we planned to have our July Potluck. Because of this, I am considering pushing the potluck date back a couple of days or even to the following Monday, but I do not want to make the change if this will affect others. I know that some of you may have already requested the day off of work or made plans to make sure that you can make it to the July potluck. If a change in the date will cause issues for you, please respond and let me know.

Thanks!
Actually, this was not Planned, as the opportunity to go to Disneyland and Knott's popped up just over a week ago. Wink

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-10-2011, 11:24 PM)linearinduction Wrote:

Thanks!
Actually, this was not Planned, as the opportunity to go to Disneyland and Knott's popped up just over a week ago. Wink

Plus we havent been since i was 7 and im 23 now so you can see why we didnt pass it up.

Coaster Count: 73
Favorite Wooden: The Beast
Favorite Steel: Maverick
I know that my household really do not wish to have the date changed. We have had these dates since about the end of May and have planned accordingly to make sure that we are able to attend them. Plus this would be our only opportunity to bring our returned Marine to a potluck, to meet with a lot of his old friends, before him, as well as his family, move once again to their new home.

I know that this may be a great adventure for the family that is going on the trip, but I do find it frustrating that we talk and talk about setting up dates to have the potluck, and thus far have always had to change at least one time or another. I have always been strict with schedules, be it personal or social. I know that things come up but I feel that if there is no way to work around a social event it should not be changed because I cant make it, since there are so many others that go.

I know that Sid and his family do a lot at the potlucks, and it will be different having them there, but I feel that it may open things up for something different. Say we have a small bake off or something in place of the funnel cakes. I know that in the past families have brought another desert and sometimes they just get passed over. I am not saying to replace it but maybe change it up a little.

What ever happens I will try to make the potluck if it is moved, I just feel that there is a lot of hype about getting dates set, we should try to stick to them.
(06-10-2011, 11:18 PM)Trackbender Wrote: It just wouldn't be the same without Sid's family. Frown Besides it would be well worth the wait for the funnel cakes! When ever everyone decides, is all good with me.

I'm agree with Trackbender...it's all good Smile
I understand that it may not be as much fun without Sid and his family there, but why is it we keep changing things for just this one family. I know that one time last year we changed the date to accommodate Sid and his family and it seems like we are going to again this year?

Does this mean that if my family and I cant make it to the October potluck we can change the date on that one so we can?

I feel that the planning that goes on with Velcro and all the people who help him set it up should be kept true to. They set these dates and I feel that the only reason we should change the date is for something more than just one family not making it. I know from watching at the potlucks that there are several families that come to one potluck and not the next but we dont change anything for them.

I know that this will make it so that things Sid and his family bring will not be there, but at the same time I think that sometimes change could be a good thing. I like the funnel cakes as much as the next person, but I would love to see it changed up to because it does get a little dull having the same thing every time.
(06-11-2011, 04:12 PM)Aria_Netorin Wrote: I know that my household really do not wish to have the date changed. We have had these dates since about the end of May and have planned accordingly to make sure that we are able to attend them. Plus this would be our only opportunity to bring our returned Marine to a potluck, to meet with a lot of his old friends, before him, as well as his family, move once again to their new home.

I know that this may be a great adventure for the family that is going on the trip, but I do find it frustrating that we talk and talk about setting up dates to have the potluck, and thus far have always had to change at least one time or another. I have always been strict with schedules, be it personal or social. I know that things come up but I feel that if there is no way to work around a social event it should not be changed because I cant make it, since there are so many others that go.

I know that Sid and his family do a lot at the potlucks, and it will be different having them there, but I feel that it may open things up for something different. Say we have a small bake off or something in place of the funnel cakes. I know that in the past families have brought another desert and sometimes they just get passed over. I am not saying to replace it but maybe change it up a little.

What ever happens I will try to make the potluck if it is moved, I just feel that there is a lot of hype about getting dates set, we should try to stick to them.

(06-11-2011, 07:11 PM)Shadow_Dragon Wrote: I understand that it may not be as much fun without Sid and his family there, but why is it we keep changing things for just this one family. I know that one time last year we changed the date to accommodate Sid and his family and it seems like we are going to again this year?

Does this mean that if my family and I cant make it to the October potluck we can change the date on that one so we can?

I feel that the planning that goes on with Velcro and all the people who help him set it up should be kept true to. They set these dates and I feel that the only reason we should change the date is for something more than just one family not making it. I know from watching at the potlucks that there are several families that come to one potluck and not the next but we dont change anything for them.

I know that this will make it so that things Sid and his family bring will not be there, but at the same time I think that sometimes change could be a good thing. I like the funnel cakes as much as the next person, but I would love to see it changed up to because it does get a little dull having the same thing every time.

I didn't realize how SERIOUS some people are about the potluck schedule...wow...