Old S&S Celebration Centre
Question 
I went to Logan the other day with my wife and noticed the attractions at the Celebration Centre were still standing. I thought S&S closed that park, but I noticed it had a different name. Did they sell it to someone else? Does it still open?

I was hoping someone would know. Thanks!
(06-09-2011, 02:46 PM)Velcro Wrote: I went to Logan the other day with my wife and noticed the attractions at the Celebration Centre were still standing. I thought S&S closed that park, but I noticed it had a different name. Did they sell it to someone else? Does it still open?

I was hoping someone would know. Thanks!

The rides that are still standing are the Sky Sling and the Arch of the Sky Coaster. The Other rides Sonic Boom, Drag Racing Snow Machines, The kiddy version of the screaming swing and the prototype Screaming Swing have been removed. The land is now owned by Renegade Sports of Logan, Utah. They are a dealership that bought the building and the land from S&S in the summer of 2008. They still operate the mini golf course and the go kart tracks. They were said to have been adding an off road testing track for ATV's but I have not had a chance to make it out that way to see if it has been completed or not.

As for the rides still standing reported in the news paper around the time of the sell the rides were up for sale by S&S Power. Sonic Boom was sold to a park in New Jersey. Sky Sling would be cool if someone bought it but I doubt it being it would need to have the lap bar system added to two of the seats. The Sky Coaster if sold would need a launch tower built for it as they used the Sonic Boom as the Launch tower for that sky coaster.

I drive by alot and I have never seen anyone out there driving the go karts or even playing the mini golf. I just think at the moment its a bit too far out of town that most don't think of it as a place to. Especially with the Cache Valley Fun Park being in the city limits of Logan, most people go there.

I wish S&S had partnered with them to make a combined park, I think it would have done much better. Even maybe gotten sponsors and installed one of their El Loco Coasters with the rides. The Cache Valley Fun Park is even closer to S&S's main location and would have been easier to manage.

I was told by the Celebration Center that the reason it was closing was Stan Checketts was putting in 20,000 a month to keep in running and it was not making that back at all. It was a good idea and I think with partnering up with local businesses as sponsors it could have done better. I visited it once and spent 50 bucks riding everything in one hour, after that couldn't afford to do anything else, so if they had offered more of a pass system instead of all pay per ride would have been better.

I think another down fall too which I wish they had added an el loco coaster was the rides all looked like radio towers to the general public and most passed it by. They did advertise on radio and tv but to no avail.

I'd love to see something like this hit the Cache Valley again but I think a better more localized location would be better. But with Checketts not owning S&S anymore other than owning the land the company sits on, I don't see them doing this again and I doubt Interactive Rides here in Logan would try anything either.
Does anyone know what's going on at the Renegade Sports place? I haven't paid close attention, but it looks like they doing...something. I thought they had most of these towers taken down, but now it looks like one is getting taller? Or are they dismantling them?

[Image: IMG_20141027_114158647.jpg]
(10-27-2014, 11:40 PM)Brad-n Wrote: Does anyone know what's going on at the Renegade Sports place? I haven't paid close attention, but it looks like they doing...something. I thought they had most of these towers taken down, but now it looks like one is getting taller? Or are they dismantling them?

[Image: IMG_20141027_114158647.jpg]

I'll have to look next time I am up there. The tower closest to the front of the picture is new. The bridge between the two other towers is new. Maybe they are going to use them somehow. Interesting. I miss Cache Valley.
Okay, now there's cables running across between the towers with a seat hanging in the middle.
[Image: f6a9d434ffe6d19379c792825ac20c1b.jpg]
Looks like something a Lagoonatic would call "Fun" !!
(11-10-2014, 05:51 PM)Brădēn Wrote: Okay, now there's cables running across between the towers with a seat hanging in the middle.
[Image: f6a9d434ffe6d19379c792825ac20c1b.jpg]

Its a prett awesome new ride Stan Checketts and Soaring Eagle Ziplines is working on. It looks to be an awesome ride.

Found this on YoutTube. It was such a fun ride!