If I Owned Lagoon Thread
(06-03-2011, 07:02 PM)Brad-n Wrote: I have to agree with you there. But at least we have lantern girls!
You mean the "Racial Reassignment Surgery" Wenches? I mean, everyone knows all those Caribbean Born Wenches were Blond Haired and Blue Eyed. Rolleyes

Even though I absolutely LOVE most of what Lagoon's Art and Sign Department does, they make a lot of "questionable" Decisions like:

Example 1 -
Painting an 1860's Themed 4-4-0 Live Steam Locomotive in a Light Blue, Pink, and White Color Scheme.

Example 2 -
Painting the same above 1860's American 4-4-0 Locomotive in a Gaudy Red, Blue, and Gold "Patriotic" Color Scheme complete with a BACKWARDS American Flag Banner on the Tender! This should be an insult to any Red Blooded American, I mean, did the Taliban Paint the Train? Seriously!

Example 3 -
Painting an English Styled Locomotive, like those used in Asia in the late 1800s, a Gaudy Red, Blue, and Gold "Patriotic" Color Scheme. The Wild Kingdom Train now looks more like a Toy Circus Train than an actual Steam Train!

Example 4 -
Racial "Reassignment" For Caribbean Wenches. As a Forum Member has said, "they white washed them black girls" and "I'm sure they were the only black people any of these people ever saw."

Example 5 -
Mermaids painted wearing Conservative Dresses. At Least Cedar Point kept the Historically Accurate Topless Mermaid Figures!
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-03-2011, 10:04 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Example 5 -
Mermaids painted wearing Conservative Dresses. At Least Cedar Point kept the Historically Accurate Topless Mermaid Figures!

THIS is why lagoonisfun.com has a PG-13 rating! ha ha! Laugh

Wow. Of course! For some reason I keep forgetting they repainted them as white girls. They're still darker-skinned in my mind I guess.