The Great American Jukebox 2011
Music 
This thread is for discussion about The Great American Jukebox live entertainment show.

The Great American Jukebox
Shows Held: Monday and Wednesday thru Sunday
Showtimes: 6:15 PM, 7:45 PM, & 9:15 PM
Show runs from May 28, 2011 thru September 4, 2011

Info of the show:
Quote:Join us for an evening of fun as Lagoon salutes some of this country's most famous rock-n-roll, pop and country hits. With songs made popular by Usher, Stevie Wonder, Reba McEntire, Michael Jackson and more, you'll be dancing and singing in the streets to these American beats!

Show dates and times are subject to change. On special event dates, show time may vary and will be announce and posted separately.

All information courtesy of Lagoon via the Park Map & Information Guide.
The Great American Jukebox Show Opened on Saturday Night and here's a Recap of the Rehashes and notes, just because it pisses people off! Laugh

Stand By Me -
Same Track Used in Hot Rods (1999)

Ain't Goin Down Till the Sun Comes Up - Garth Brooks
New Track. Song/Track Originally Used in Signatures (1999)

Working For the Weekend - Men at Work/Damzel In Distress - Idina Menzel
Same Track/Combo, Choreography, Costumes, Props, Gags, etc. Used in Rock U2 The Top (2006)

I Hope You Dance - LeAnn Womack
Same Track Used in Rock U2 The Top (2001)

Notes:
This is not a Critique of the Performers, but the Show Itself. Let's be Honest Here, Lagoon's Live E Department has Clearly Resorted to doing a Bad Cover of the Latest Season of Glee, with some Random Songs and Rehashes Mixed in. It's Astonishing that they wonder why their Budget gets Cut when it's Painfully Obvious! It's also VERY Sad that Lagoon's Live E Department has Pre Recorded Backing Vocals instead of the Live Back Up Vocals Pre 2004. It was amazing that they Could Change Costumes in LESS than 20 Seconds while Singing Back Up at the Same Time and all without Dressers assisting them. Wink

One thing about the Theater being Packed is that There are only 3 Showtimes in a Small Theater and a Single Show. People who would normally go to Music USA/Lagoon Music Theater are now forced to go to the Carousel Theater. I remember when there was a Time that the Night Show would be Mostly Full for both Showtimes, and when they were over, Rock U2 The Top Started with a Packed House for all Four Showtimes!

EPIC FAIL WARNING -
Ok, so Lagoon's Live E Decided to Try Reba McEntire Again. The First Time was "Does He Love You," a Duet that was Extremely Good and Successful in Signatures in 1999. This time around Lagoon Picked an Obscure Song, "Why Haven't I Heard From You" that is nearly 20 Years Old and Irrelevant to the Current Time. They also left out the best part of the Music Video.....Flare and Comedy! If you are going to do Reba McEntire, you should not Half Ass it, as she is the Queen of Country Music with a Library of Songs covering nearly 30 Years! Come On!

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
It's like they picked whatever songs came up on their iPod shuffle.
(05-29-2011, 01:45 AM)linearinduction Wrote: The Great American Jukebox Show Opened on Saturday Night and here's a Recap of the Rehashes and notes, just because it pisses people off! Laugh

Stand By Me -
Same Track Used in Hot Rods (1999)

Ain't Goin Down Till the Sun Comes Up - Garth Brooks
New Track. Song/Track Originally Used in Signatures (1999)

Working For the Weekend - Men at Work/Damzel In Distress - Idina Menzel
Same Track/Combo, Choreography, Costumes, Props, Gags, etc. Used in Rock U2 The Top (2006)

I Hope You Dance - LeAnn Womack
Same Track Used in Rock U2 The Top (2001)

Notes:
This is not a Critique of the Performers, but the Show Itself. Let's be Honest Here, Lagoon's Live E Department has Clearly Resorted to doing a Bad Cover of the Latest Season of Glee, with some Random Songs and Rehashes Mixed in. It's Astonishing that they wonder why their Budget gets Cut when it's Painfully Obvious! It's also VERY Sad that Lagoon's Live E Department has Pre Recorded Backing Vocals instead of the Live Back Up Vocals Pre 2004. It was amazing that they Could Change Costumes in LESS than 20 Seconds while Singing Back Up at the Same Time and all without Dressers assisting them. Wink

One thing about the Theater being Packed is that There are only 3 Showtimes in a Small Theater and a Single Show. People who would normally go to Music USA/Lagoon Music Theater are now forced to go to the Carousel Theater. I remember when there was a Time that the Night Show would be Mostly Full for both Showtimes, and when they were over, Rock U2 The Top Started with a Packed House for all Four Showtimes!

EPIC FAIL WARNING -
Ok, so Lagoon's Live E Decided to Try Reba McEntire Again. The First Time was "Does He Love You," a Duet that was Extremely Good and Successful in Signatures in 1999. This time around Lagoon Picked an Obscure Song, "Why Haven't I Heard From You" that is nearly 20 Years Old and Irrelevant to the Current Time. They also left out the best part of the Music Video.....Flare and Comedy! If you are going to do Reba McEntire, you should not Half Ass it, as she is the Queen of Country Music with a Library of Songs covering nearly 30 Years! Come On!

i tought it was a great show!! who cares if they used songs the did in the past they're still good song .... by the way i watched the music video for tell me why just because of this message, and i found really horrible and dumb so i'm glad they didn't go that way
(09-05-2011, 01:39 AM)sakurita316 Wrote: i tought it was a great show!! who cares if they used songs the did in the past they're still good song .... by the way i watched the music video for tell me why just because of this message, and i found really horrible and dumb so i'm glad they didn't go that way

Um...I don't...what?

My Coaster Count: 99
Sky's Coaster Count: 14
Follow Beyond Vertical on Twitter!