2011 General Live Entertainment Discussion
(05-11-2011, 01:48 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 11:44 AM)techfun Wrote: I am one of the ASM's for The Great American Jukebox 2011 or the "rock show" if you will. As such I have been watching the cast rehearse and they are all INCREDIBLY talented! Oh my gosh! I get a little jealous of them sometimes because they're so good. The show this year is also really fantastic- I love the song selection and I love what they're doing with the numbers. All of them have amazing voices and are AMAZING dancers and the choreography for the show this year is fantastic. Just wanted to put this out there for you all to get you excited for the pop/rock show this year. Everybody make sure to come and support them and cheer really loud on opening day which is SATURDAY, MAY 28th at 6:15, 7:45, and 9:15! You won't regret it!

Also, as another side note....I've been reading on here and I know that some people are curious if they are having more shows this year. They are ONLY having the two live shows on the Carousel Stage - The Great American Jukebox and Hollywood Sings. This is because they installed Bombora this year, so only these 2 shows Smile
How many Songs are rehashes and how much of the Choreography is rehashed as well?

watched the show sooooo many times this year and the last one earlier today and it was AMAZING!!! thanks for this great show
(05-12-2011, 01:04 AM)linearinduction Wrote: So according to you the IAAPA Big E Awards are Rigged and Cedar Fair, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, Disney, Herschend Family Entertainment, etc. don't deserve their Respected Awards? Mark and Christy Huffman are Responsible for Lagoon's ONE and ONLY (Produced by Lagoon Live E) Big E Award. I also saw some Pretty Awesome Live E Shows at Cedar Point in 2009 and 2010 and One Damn Creative One at Kings Island in 2010 Too! It's too bad the Level of Lagoon's Productions have Fallen, and not because of a Budget. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: Do you want there to be NO live entertainment for the summer and for frightmares in years to come?
By all means let's be Dramatic! Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: I suggest you stop complaining and be grateful that you actually have shows that are produced for your enjoyment.
Some Creativity would be Greatly Appreciated. "Broadway Corner," "The Great American Jukebox" (Name Lifted from Busch Gardens Europe), and "Hollywood Sings" doesn't inspire much confidence when there used to be Names like "Hollywood Nites," "Made in the USA," "Signatures," "The Cowboy Dude Revue," "Pie Fight at the O.K. Corral," Road to Ole El Paso," "The Show Royale," "Rock U2 The Top," "Raise the Roof," "Pep Rallies: Passion in Paradise," etc. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: Don't say awful things about the performers themselves either- they are JUST AS frustrated as you are that they can't perform brand new material every year and that their stage has been changed and that the owners of lagoon are trying to get rid of their department.
Some Past Performers have been LESS than Stellar. Wink It's also widely Known from Current and Former Performers that Live E Management is THE Problem and the Reason why Many Performers REFUSE to Return. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: Please look at the positive side of things and be grateful for what we have here at Lagoon.
Again, no one is UNGRATEFUL. Park Regulars just want Lagoon Live E Productions to be ON PAR with the Bar that Mark and Kristy Huffman, Brittney Brown, and Ron Van Woerden Set on EVERY Level! I'm almost 100% Positive that you have no Idea who ANY of those People are. Wink
hey quit whining this was an amzing show and everybody out a lot of effort to get it done so if you have nothing nice to say just don't say it at all . the show and the performers were great

(05-12-2011, 09:14 AM)Slick Wrote: ya he is probably lovin up to Emily she looks pretty good

you do realize there are no emilys on this show...
(05-12-2011, 12:19 PM)Blue Streak Maniac Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: I know Mark and Kristy very well. They called one of my friends in January (who is in the Rock show this summer) and had them sing at a Gig in Texas. They left Lagoon Live E because they wanted to do bigger and better things, because lets face it...lagoon is just a little theme park. Well here is my advice to you "sid" - don't come to the shows this summer Smile I'm sure the performers wouldn't mind having one less crazy groupie who thinks he knows everything about entertainment to tear apart their show Smile And I will blame the owners of lagoon because they have talked with the entertainment division about completely eliminating it. Clearly you have no idea what is going on and are one of the individuals who has nothing better to do with their lives except go to Lagoon everyday during the summer and live through the performances put on there. Find a day job and get a hobby Smile

Let's talk about 'Day Jobs' shall we? As an 'ASM' you are in SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT, trust me this is no day job. Also as a employee of lagoon your job is to bring guests to your place of area of expertise i.e. entertainment shows. And by posting degrading posts about Forum members on a public forum you are in turn driving away guests. I am sure Lagoon would be more than thrilled to hear about/see these posts online. Does it not state in the employee manual that you are not supposed to talk about specific areas of lagoon (un-opened shows) as an employee? I might be wrong on that one. So keep your eye on the ball, and put on a good show and in turn you will receive good reviews, and more guests. Remember, people can talk, talk, talk. But theme park guests could care less about talk, they care about what is put in front of them on a daily basis. So 'techfun', don't talk up a show that has not opened yet, do not degrade respected forum members, and good luck to you this season. Happy

**This post includes some sarcasm, and should not be viewed by anyone that is easily offended**

i know i'm late for this but everybody needs to chill , the show was AMAZING and is not the performers or asm's fault that budget was cut it was just a business decision to improve lagoon's profit since it is an amusement park that concentrates on rides it is not a theater so the executives could care less if there is a show or not . most people goes because of the rides
(05-12-2011, 11:16 PM)Velcro Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 09:40 PM)Blue Streak Maniac Wrote: But he started it. Tongue

That made my day! lol

I've been thinking about this discussion all day, and I started wondering: how many of you would be bothered if Lagoon stopped the live entertainment shows completely. Would you care? I'm not bashing on the entertainment at all. I just want to know what the Lagoon Is Fun Community thinks about the possibility of Lagoon eliminating the live entertainment department.

i would definitely miss it

Mod Edit: Please watch the multiple posts. Also removed one blank post and trimmed a large quote from Sid.