2011 General Live Entertainment Discussion
ya he is probably lovin up to Emily she looks pretty good
(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: I know Mark and Kristy very well. They called one of my friends in January (who is in the Rock show this summer) and had them sing at a Gig in Texas. They left Lagoon Live E because they wanted to do bigger and better things, because lets face it...lagoon is just a little theme park. Well here is my advice to you "sid" - don't come to the shows this summer Smile I'm sure the performers wouldn't mind having one less crazy groupie who thinks he knows everything about entertainment to tear apart their show Smile And I will blame the owners of lagoon because they have talked with the entertainment division about completely eliminating it. Clearly you have no idea what is going on and are one of the individuals who has nothing better to do with their lives except go to Lagoon everyday during the summer and live through the performances put on there. Find a day job and get a hobby Smile

Let's talk about 'Day Jobs' shall we? As an 'ASM' you are in SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT, trust me this is no day job. Also as a employee of lagoon your job is to bring guests to your place of area of expertise i.e. entertainment shows. And by posting degrading posts about Forum members on a public forum you are in turn driving away guests. I am sure Lagoon would be more than thrilled to hear about/see these posts online. Does it not state in the employee manual that you are not supposed to talk about specific areas of lagoon (un-opened shows) as an employee? I might be wrong on that one. So keep your eye on the ball, and put on a good show and in turn you will receive good reviews, and more guests. Remember, people can talk, talk, talk. But theme park guests could care less about talk, they care about what is put in front of them on a daily basis. So 'techfun', don't talk up a show that has not opened yet, do not degrade respected forum members, and good luck to you this season. Happy

**This post includes some sarcasm, and should not be viewed by anyone that is easily offended**
My Coaster Count: 99
Sky's Coaster Count: 14
Follow Beyond Vertical on Twitter!
Okay everyone. Take a deep breath. Hold it for a few seconds. Let it out. Repeat. Feel better? I hope so. I really see no reason why anyone is getting upset in this conversation or why the need for insults to appear? Aren't we all better than this? I think it's possible to have disagreements without getting upset or resorting to insults.

If not, I'll lock this thread and glare at all of you! lol. Happy
But he started it. Tongue

My Coaster Count: 99
Sky's Coaster Count: 14
Follow Beyond Vertical on Twitter!
(05-12-2011, 09:40 PM)Blue Streak Maniac Wrote: But he started it. Tongue

That made my day! lol

I've been thinking about this discussion all day, and I started wondering: how many of you would be bothered if Lagoon stopped the live entertainment shows completely. Would you care? I'm not bashing on the entertainment at all. I just want to know what the Lagoon Is Fun Community thinks about the possibility of Lagoon eliminating the live entertainment department.
(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: I know Mark and Kristy very well.
Would you Like a Gold Star? Laugh

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: They called one of my friends in January (who is in the Rock show this summer) and had them sing at a Gig in Texas.
This is supposed to be News? Rolleyes

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: They left Lagoon Live E because they wanted to do bigger and better things, because lets face it...lagoon is just a little theme park.
Duh! Also, Lagoon is an Amusement Park, not a Theme Park. Happy

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: Well here is my advice to you "sid" - don't come to the shows this summer Smile
Personal Attacks? Seriously? Are you 15? Laugh

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: I'm sure the performers wouldn't mind having one less crazy groupie who thinks he knows everything about entertainment to tear apart their show Smile
Unfortunately for you, I'm Neither the Derogatory Term "Groupie" or a "Regular." I also didn't have to tear apart a show, as the Cast Members did that all by themselves with their Complaints. Laugh

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: And I will blame the owners of lagoon because they have talked with the entertainment division about completely eliminating it.
With Employees like You, who have such an obvious disdain for Park Management and derogatory Terms like "Groupies" for the Regulars who Support the Performers, I can't Imagine why Lagoon would Consider Eliminating the Live E Department! Rolleyes Laugh

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: Clearly you have no idea what is going on
If that were true, you wouldn't have replied. Laugh

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: [you] are one of the individuals who has nothing better to do with their lives except go to Lagoon everyday during the summer and live through the performances put on there.
It's Painfully Obvious that I was right about a lot of stuff considering you Never addressed anything in my Previous Reply and have nothing but Personal Attacks to attempt at backing up your statements? Seriously! Rolleyes

(05-12-2011, 02:20 AM)techfun Wrote: Find a day job and get a hobby Smile
In case you were wondering, I am Gainfully Employed as an Area Supervisor at Cowabunga Bay Water Park and have Several Hobbies other than Lagoon. Your Welcome! Laugh

Again, please show me when Lagoon Live E has Deserved an IAAPA Big E Award over Cedar Fair, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, Herschend Family Entertainment, Disney, etc. after 2006? Cedar Point's Award Winning Live E Department was Only Surpassed my Mark and Christy Huffman and their Team. Wink

(05-12-2011, 11:16 PM)Velcro Wrote: I've been thinking about this discussion all day, and I started wondering: how many of you would be bothered if Lagoon stopped the live entertainment shows completely. Would you care? I'm not bashing on the entertainment at all. I just want to know what the Lagoon Is Fun Community thinks about the possibility of Lagoon eliminating the live entertainment department.
Considering the Culture of Obvious Disdain in the Live Entertainment Department for Lagoon's Management and Derogatory Terms for those Regulars who Support Lagoon's Performers, the Department has no one to blame but themselves for the Department being Dismantled. Additionally, I would imagine that anyone who reads this Thread would be more than "Put Off" by the Department as a Whole after what "techfun" has written. Wink

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
To throw in my two cents, I have always found Lagoon's Entertainment to be, well, entertaining. All of them have some pretty good voices and are pretty good dancers. While I am mostly speaking on the Great American Jukebox show, this can apply to the broadway show in some cases.

While I would like to see some nighttime show as well as the western shoot-out back, Lagoon's Entertainment suffices for many families and others who visit Lagoon, and as long as that theater gets as packed full as it always does for the later shows, it would be crazy to just shut the whole thing down.

But I do agree there could be some upgrades made in the Lagoon E department.
(05-12-2011, 11:16 PM)Velcro Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 09:40 PM)Blue Streak Maniac Wrote: But he started it. Tongue

That made my day! lol

I've been thinking about this discussion all day, and I started wondering: how many of you would be bothered if Lagoon stopped the live entertainment shows completely. Would you care? I'm not bashing on the entertainment at all. I just want to know what the Lagoon Is Fun Community thinks about the possibility of Lagoon eliminating the live entertainment department.

Sounds like we need a POLL! The results should be interesting Smile
I love the live entertainment that lagoon has to offer...i wish there was a 3rd show this year tho.....but I do love the American Jukebox show tho......they do all they can with the songs and material given to them and I do appreciate there hard work and dedication they give to all of us.....just kinda sad that techfun is so negative with his comments towards regulars of the shows and the show itself.....not a very positive way to present the show to people who havent seen the show so far....
Shane
Sid Wrote:I would imagine that anyone who reads this Thread would be more than "Put Off" by the Department as a Whole after what "techfun" has written.

I don't know about that unless people allow one person to affect their opinion of an entire department just like techfun got upset over the opinions of just one person on this forum. If that's the case then yes they could get "put off" by what has been written. I personally find it amusing that some people get so worked up over Lagoon's entertainment and a person's opinions of the shows. I think you get into a fight with at least one person a year regarding Lagoon's entertainment. This year's fight happened before the shows even opened up! I find people critical of any entertainment venue regardless of who produces it, so I would think someone in the entertainment department would understand that there are those who would like to see a better show as well as those who enjoy them.

Slick Wrote:just kinda sad that techfun is so negative with his comments towards regulars of the shows and the show itself

I agree he has been very negative towards Sid, but I'm not sure why you think he was negative about the show. He started off hyping up the show and telling us how excited it was for the performance. Only when he jumped on the defensive because of a question asked by Sid did he turn negative. After that, he only seemed to tear down Sid and those in upper management at Lagoon, which leads me to agree with your last comment:

Slick Wrote:not a very positive way to present the show to people who havent seen the show so far