2011 General Live Entertainment Discussion
Information 
This thread is for general 2011 live entertainment discussion. If you wish to discuss specific shows, please refer to the individual show threads. Thanks!

I made a brief visit to Lagoon on Saturday and picked up one of Lagoon's new Park Map & Information Guide. The first thing I noticed is the 2011 Entertainment section. It appears Lagoon is only having two shows this year and both of them will be located in the Carousel Theatre. Based on that information, I am guessing that the Music USA Theater will remain dark, and the Game Time Stage will not be set up again.

The two shows: Hollywood Sings! and The Great American Jukebox.

With Lagoon only having two shows this year I hope that they plan to have some other type of entertainment like last year, but I am not counting on it since Lagoon did install a new ride. Traditionally, Lagoon has extra entertainment on the years they do not install a new ride.
Everybody make sure to come to the show which opens on SATURDAY, MAY 28th at 6:15, 7:45, and 9:15! You won't regret it!
I don't know all the stage terminology, so I have to ask. What does ASM stand for?
My guess is assistant stage manager?
(05-10-2011, 11:44 AM)techfun Wrote: I am one of the ASM's for The Great American Jukebox 2011 or the "rock show" if you will. As such I have been watching the cast rehearse and they are all INCREDIBLY talented! Oh my gosh! I get a little jealous of them sometimes because they're so good. The show this year is also really fantastic- I love the song selection and I love what they're doing with the numbers. All of them have amazing voices and are AMAZING dancers and the choreography for the show this year is fantastic. Just wanted to put this out there for you all to get you excited for the pop/rock show this year. Everybody make sure to come and support them and cheer really loud on opening day which is SATURDAY, MAY 28th at 6:15, 7:45, and 9:15! You won't regret it!

Also, as another side note....I've been reading on here and I know that some people are curious if they are having more shows this year. They are ONLY having the two live shows on the Carousel Stage - The Great American Jukebox and Hollywood Sings. This is because they installed Bombora this year, so only these 2 shows Smile
How many Songs are rehashes and how much of the Choreography is rehashed as well?

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Let's just be positive and happy Smile
Please Don't Take Everything So Seriously. Lagoon....It's What FUN Is. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: There is one song that is being reused because its one that everybody loved when they did it 5 or 6 years ago and they're doing great things with it!
That remains to be seen. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: What all the entertainment "groupies" need to realize is that its not the entertainment department's fault for what is happening to the shows.....it is Kristen Freed's fault.
You are Seriously going to Blame Kristen Freed? What YOU need to realize is that Mark and Kristy Fought Tooth and Nail for Their Budget! Entertainment "Groupies?" Mark and Christy Huffman, Brittney Brown, or Ron Van Woerden NEVER used such a Derogatory Term.....no wonder the "groupies" feel the way they do! Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: The funding for the shows has gone down SIGNIFICANTLY in the past 3 years and has forced the entertainment department to make budget cuts left and right- that's why in the last few years there have been recycled songs from past shows in the mix- because the owners of lagoon have cut the recording of new songs budget by over $40,000.
Ever Since Mark and Christy Left in 2003 and Brittney Brown in 2004, there have been TONS of Rehashes of Songs AND the Choreography. At least when Jerry and Todd were doing Choreography, even with the Same Song, they completely Changed it! Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: It's not cheap to produce a show, and because the Freed's don't see an immediate financial return from the live entertainment (because it is included in the admission price) they don't see a reason to give money to fund the shows.
Who said it was Cheap to Produce Live E? Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: This is why the owners FORCED the entertainment division to close down the music USA stage (which will never be used again- a ride will be going in there in the next few years) and forced the entertainment division to create a more generic stage and more "generic theme park show" instead of the creative shows that used to happen.
Again, BLAME the Owners? Seriously? Also, instead of Using their Budget Wisely, Live E decided to Remove the $50,000 Set and Install a Cheap "Generic" Set. You do the Math! Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: I see and hear about all of this because I'm on the inside.....so when you complain about how bad the shows are and how you hate that everything is being re-used just think that in a few years there is an incredibly high possibility that there will be NO ENTERTAINMENT.
Wow, you really don't get the point. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: In all honesty, you are so lucky as patrons to have the performers you're getting this year.....they aren't paid what they should be and work their butts off performing for all of you.
No one ever complained about the performers or said they don't work hard, except those performers who are obviously Tone Deaf and ALWAYS Off Key. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: They are performing because they LOVE TO do it and make other people happy doing it......so when you complain that you hate the shows take a step back and look at the whole picture. In all honesty not many people can do what this group of performers can do.........they are incredibly talented. Support them and thank them for what they do.
So when a Cast Members say they don't like the show they are in, how are people supposed to take that? Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: Instead of complaining about the shows write a letter to lagoon expressing how much you love the live entertainment shows and how fantastic it is that we get such talented performers to sing and dance for us here in Utah and how you would like to see the entertainment at Lagoon expand even more in the coming years.
I'm Confused. Guests are Supposed to write to the Park explaining how Disappointed they are with the Uncreative Live E Productions Currently Offered and the General State of the Live E Department and YOU expect Lagoon to Increase the Budget? Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: On the flipside there are SO MANY people that have never come to lagoon (tourists, ect.) and see the shows and are BLOWN AWAY because other theme park entertainment is just awful.
So according to you the IAAPA Big E Awards are Rigged and Cedar Fair, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, Disney, Herschend Family Entertainment, etc. don't deserve their Respected Awards? Mark and Christy Huffman are Responsible for Lagoon's ONE and ONLY (Produced by Lagoon Live E) Big E Award. I also saw some Pretty Awesome Live E Shows at Cedar Point in 2009 and 2010 and One Damn Creative One at Kings Island in 2010 Too! It's too bad the Level of Lagoon's Productions have Fallen, and not because of a Budget. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: Do you want there to be NO live entertainment for the summer and for frightmares in years to come?
By all means let's be Dramatic! Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: I suggest you stop complaining and be grateful that you actually have shows that are produced for your enjoyment.
Some Creativity would be Greatly Appreciated. "Broadway Corner," "The Great American Jukebox" (Name Lifted from Busch Gardens Europe), and "Hollywood Sings" doesn't inspire much confidence when there used to be Names like "Hollywood Nites," "Made in the USA," "Signatures," "The Cowboy Dude Revue," "Pie Fight at the O.K. Corral," Road to Ole El Paso," "The Show Royale," "Rock U2 The Top," "Raise the Roof," "Pep Rallies: Passion in Paradise," etc. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: Don't say awful things about the performers themselves either- they are JUST AS frustrated as you are that they can't perform brand new material every year and that their stage has been changed and that the owners of lagoon are trying to get rid of their department.
Some Past Performers have been LESS than Stellar. Wink It's also widely Known from Current and Former Performers that Live E Management is THE Problem and the Reason why Many Performers REFUSE to Return. Wink

(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: Please look at the positive side of things and be grateful for what we have here at Lagoon.
Again, no one is UNGRATEFUL. Park Regulars just want Lagoon Live E Productions to be ON PAR with the Bar that Mark and Kristy Huffman, Brittney Brown, and Ron Van Woerden Set on EVERY Level! I'm almost 100% Positive that you have no Idea who ANY of those People are. Wink

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Once again, lets just be positive and happy and non-threatening Smile
(05-10-2011, 09:28 PM)Brad-n Wrote: My guess is assistant stage manager?

Thanks Brad-n! I will go with that until I hear otherwise. Smile
(05-11-2011, 11:35 PM)techfun Wrote: This is why the owners FORCED the entertainment division to close down the music USA stage (which will never be used again- a ride will be going in there in the next few years)

Sweet! I'd love to see a new ride go in that space!

I go to Lagoon to ride, not to listen/watch the entertainment....

I'd also take a guess 'techfun' is lovin' up to one of the performers...why else would he defend them so venomously??